Foreign Transaction Fee - not mentioned in the Price
2877 8 2015-4-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
knicholas194
lvl.2

United States

I just checked my credit card statement, and the $1259 finally posted for the Phantom 3 after it was delivered. But I also had a "Foreign Transaction Fee" of $37.77. Just curious if others had the same? I know it's only $37 but still, I wasn't expecting this extra fee.
2015-4-30
Use props
FictitiousPerso
lvl.4
Flight distance : 303356 ft
Italy

Credit card company????
2015-4-30
Use props
knicholas194
lvl.2

United States

Bank Of America
2015-4-30
Use props
FictitiousPerso
lvl.4
Flight distance : 303356 ft
Italy

Get them to refund it

Crooks
2015-4-30
Use props
olympic_spice
lvl.3
Flight distance : 98934 ft
United States

My foreign transaction fee was $140.
2015-5-1
Use props
jayhocking
New

United States

I got one too - $21.98 - the charge came from HK DAJIANG INNOVA (same name as the charge for the phantom). I ordered just the Advanced model, so $1,099 was my bill, plus the $21.98
2015-6-5
Use props
mccartw
lvl.1

United States

It's not DJI, it's the on the credit card side. One reason to buy through US-based retailer. Or get a credit card that doesn't charge foreign fees..
2015-6-5
Use props
jayhocking
New

United States

well, I asked them about it - this is what they said:

"Thanks for purchasing our DJI products, we're very happy to serve for you.
Please be note that the foreign transaction fee you talking about is necessary to pay for every customers , not only for you since our hear quarter is located in China Shenzhen. Even you paid in US dollars you still have to pay it. Thanks for your understanding."
2015-6-9
Use props
DJI-Star
lvl.1

Hong Kong

Hi
Visa  will charge foreign transaction fee when the transaction  made in foreign countries or initiated in a foreign currency into U.S. dollars,Policies may vary from bank to bank. Our DJI account charge you in USD ,but if you had been  charged  additional fee when you order from DJI online store , please kindly check with your bank about this.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused and have a nice day
2015-6-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules