Just purchased a new Mavic Pro Platty, buyers remorse?
1159 19 2018-2-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Top_Speed1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 377664 ft
United States

Ive been lurking about the drone world now for 3 years. I finally jumped into the pool w a MPP.  It’s addictive and I have the flight bug, however after some pre reviews and wishful bells n whistles... I think I should of held out another couple of Months for the Mavic Pro II.

I guess I can buy another and start my collection like many here. Guess this will be another forum I have to hide from the wife. ;)
2018-2-15
Use props
salmonshark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 206352 ft
United States

No reason to have remorse...  There is no set date for a Mavic Pro 2, just rumors....  and really, if you are waiting for the next best thing, you will always be waiting.   better to get into the game now, enjoy what you got, and then figure out what you want next from your experience from this one.

Nothing wrong with the MPP...  I got one and it has been nothing but awesome for me.

SS
2018-2-15
Use props
fansf77370fb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1008924 ft
United States

No reason to have remorse. It’s a very nice drone I have the MP. I’m very happy with it. Have never had one issue. I hear a lot of people talking about the app crashing have never experienced that one time. Personally if they do come out with the MP 2 I don’t think it will be much different than the MP. Personally I never buy anything that comes out right away. They will always have bugs to work out. And I will always wait for Best Buy to carry it.
2018-2-15
Use props
MFPullen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6257444 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansf77370fb Posted at 2018-2-15 16:05
No reason to have remorse. It’s a very nice drone I have the MP. I’m very happy with it. Have never had one issue. I hear a lot of people talking about the app crashing have never experienced that one time. Personally if they do come out with the MP 2 I don’t think it will be much different than the MP. Personally I never buy anything that comes out right away. They will always have bugs to work out. And I will always wait for Best Buy to carry it.

I’m with you.  It always amazes me the people who seem to have constant problems and issues.  I have owned 4 DJI drones, flown over 100 hours and 450,000 m, gone through numerous firmware upgrades and never so much had a blip of trouble.  Loved every second of flying I have had... and waiting for new drones and more places to fly.
2018-2-15
Use props
bobsma
lvl.4

United States

salmonshark Posted at 2018-2-15 15:31
No reason to have remorse...  There is no set date for a Mavic Pro 2, just rumors....  and really, if you are waiting for the next best thing, you will always be waiting.   better to get into the game now, enjoy what you got, and then figure out what you want next from your experience from this one.

Nothing wrong with the MPP...  I got one and it has been nothing but awesome for me.

your crazy.... it will be out very soon.. LOL....  you must own one yourself... LOL
2018-2-16
Use props
bobsma
lvl.4

United States

MFPullen Posted at 2018-2-15 18:22
I’m with you.  It always amazes me the people who seem to have constant problems and issues.  I have owned 4 DJI drones, flown over 100 hours and 450,000 m, gone through numerous firmware upgrades and never so much had a blip of trouble.  Loved every second of flying I have had... and waiting for new drones and more places to fly.

it depends where you fly. and if you own a Spark you may think different.
2018-2-16
Use props
HomePoint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 776007 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MFPullen Posted at 2018-2-15 18:22

I echo this exactly, but I work in IT, so I guess that helps with techy things and a small blip to me during an update could be a large issue to someone else.
2018-2-16
Use props
Steeevo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 264882 ft
United Kingdom

People have been holding off buying a mavic for like a year as they thought it was coming out at the end of last year "in time for christmas" you can't keep second guessing what dpi will do. I bought a magic in December and if a new one comes out so be it.

No point waiting as you never know whats around the corner, maybe an out of control bus
2018-2-16
Use props
damoUK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 693038 ft
United Kingdom

Steeevo Posted at 2018-2-16 04:55
People have been holding off buying a mavic for like a year as they thought it was coming out at the end of last year "in time for christmas" you can't keep second guessing what dpi will do. I bought a magic in December and if a new one comes out so be it.

No point waiting as you never know whats around the corner, maybe an out of control bus

The DPI Magic - autocorrect at its finest!!
2018-2-16
Use props
MFPullen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6257444 ft
  • >>>
United States

bobsma Posted at 2018-2-16 01:01
it depends where you fly. and if you own a Spark you may think different.

I guess your location could matter if you live in a big city and dont have the ability to get away.  I do own a Spark, Phantom and Mavic.  I fly each one weekly.  Love them all for the ability to do different things.
2018-2-16
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Congrats on the new bird.
2018-2-16
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Just look at it this way:
1. You have just bought an amazing drone that has been tested through and through by a lot of users
2. You can start flying, get experience, make footage NOW
3. When the MP2 comes out and you feel like you really need it, wait for the first bugs to be solved and try and sell the MPP and get some starting fund for the MP2

There is always a new product around the corner. If you wait for that you will wait forever.
2018-2-16
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

And congratulations of course.
Share some footage if you want
2018-2-16
Use props
LoSBoL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 666483 ft
Netherlands

If I was in the market for a Mavic Pro, I'd have waited also. Eventhough the Pro price has come down a bit, I think its hard to justify the price difference between the new little Mavic Air. Yes it has Occusync, longer flighttime and bigger gimbal pitch. I'd think with the introduction of the Air, the Pro definatelly is in need of an upgrade with all the new tech to rejustify the pricedifference.
2018-2-16
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I will wait for the next version of the Mavic Pro before getting one.... unless of course I just can't help myself and the devil tempts me
2018-2-16
Use props
Wyke
lvl.4
Flight distance : 33166 ft
United Kingdom

I was almost going to buy the MP (possibly the MPP) for my Christmas present but held off due to the forthcoming DJI announcement. When I saw the Air I just caved and put my order in (for a red one) on the day of the announcement.
2018-2-16
Use props
Marian
lvl.4
Flight distance : 340597 ft
Spain

I was in a similar situation like you. I just recently purchased my new MPP but wasn't sure if I should. It turns out it was a good decision. As of now there are only rumors about the MP2 and even if it comes out, you might ask yourself then, should I wait for a better one which comes after?!

I am very pleased with the MPP, it was a big step up for me coming from the Phantom 2 and so far I am not disappointed at all.

Happy flying.
2018-2-16
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13978875 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

salmonshark Posted at 2018-2-15 15:31
No reason to have remorse...  There is no set date for a Mavic Pro 2, just rumors....  and really, if you are waiting for the next best thing, you will always be waiting.   better to get into the game now, enjoy what you got, and then figure out what you want next from your experience from this one.

Nothing wrong with the MPP...  I got one and it has been nothing but awesome for me.

Perfect response and totally agree with every word - well said!
2018-2-16
Use props
Mavic Ace
lvl.4
Flight distance : 333976 ft
  • >>>
United States

I bought myself the MPP with my Christmas bonus in December.  By January I also had a spark.  I got my Air 10 days ago.  It's an addicting hobby but I love every second of it.  I know not everyone has the means to buy every new drone that comes out so I understand why you might feel some remorse but right now, IMH, the MPP is the premier consumer drone on the market and it won't get worse just because something new is released.  Enjoy it and if you find you want something better, save up or sell it.  I like having a hangar full of quality drones.  Not sure if I'll buy the MP2...who am I kidding, of course I will.  Happy flying.
2018-2-16
Use props
Top_Speed1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 377664 ft
United States

Update.
Well it’s been a whirlwind 48 hrs, I no longer own the Mavic PP, I returned it and paid 400 more and got a PP4 Obsidean.
Why?
I played my initial MPP recorded 4K video back on my Samsung 82” QLED Home TV. Well, it was good persay, but.... I think in the back of my head I knew it could be better. I’m sure if my TV wasn’t so big and spec wise near perfect, the Mavic PP would of sufficed. I will miss the portability but my RV is 45’ and should have plenty of space for the Phantom 4P obsidian. I just got done presenting my first video on my TV and I’m happy. The difference may be minimal, but it’s noticeable on my big set, maybe not so on a 55” smaller set.

Now to work on range extenders. I’ll try the cheap parabolic ones first, if that doesn’t suffice I’ll take the controller apart and do a real extender upgrade.

So I’m very happy, well until the Phantom V comes out. Lol
2018-2-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules