Worried to order Phantom 3 on DJI store
4272 11 2015-4-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
olympic_spice
lvl.3
Flight distance : 98934 ft
United States

I purchased a phantom 2 about 7 months ago directly from the DJI store. I looked at my receipt and there was an extra charge of $140 dollars becuase it was a foriegn shipment. I thought shipping was free! I want to purchase the phantom 3 but i dont want to get an extra $140 charge again. Has anyone had this happen to them??
2015-4-30
Use props
mike
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

The DJI website is showing free shipping for the Phantom 3.
2015-4-30
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you are in the USA you should not have any shipping charges...other countries may differ due to their customs and VAT, etc.

I just got my P3 from DJI direct....no extra charges.
2015-4-30
Use props
t.katz
lvl.2

United States

The only thing you might want to consider is where you are located.  DJI created my shipping label yesterday, but then didn't ship it until today, and then shipped it Ground.  I'm in NY, its shipping from California with scheduled delivery 5/6.  Kinda sucks seeing people getting theirs in 2 days and mine will be arriving a week after the confirmation.  I would gladly have paid more for faster shipping, had it been an option.  If you want it fast, and can find an authorized dealer that has it in stock either closer to where you live or with faster shipping options, order it from them.
2015-4-30
Use props
knicholas194
lvl.2

United States

I live in California and when I purchased the P3 professional through DJI I was hit with a $37.77 "Foreign Transaction Fee"
I have Bank of America
buy elsewhere...   just my 2cents
2015-4-30
Use props
Mikey14
lvl.3

United States

I purchased from the DJI website and there was no shipping charges OR TAX!!! Thats what made me buy through them and not anywhere else because other stores charged tax. I live in CA
2015-4-30
Use props
ezracosby
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Same here, I live in California, purchased my P3 Pro from the DJI website, price I saw was the price I paid. No shipping or taxes. Phantom arrived yesterday morning April 30, 2015
2015-4-30
Use props
mike
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

knicholas194, the "Foreign Transaction Fee" was charged by your bank -- not DJI.
2015-5-1
Use props
olympic_spice
lvl.3
United States

droneflyers.com Posted at 2015-5-1 10:16
If you are in the USA you should not have any shipping charges...other countries may differ due to t ...

I live in USA, Louisiana.

Still got a $140 charge on foreign shipping.
2015-5-1
Use props
olympic_spice
lvl.3
United States

I don't know if its foreign transaction or because its a foreign shipment?
2015-5-1
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

olympic_spice Posted at 2015-5-1 20:44
I live in USA, Louisiana.

Still got a $140 charge on foreign shipping.

I can't see why you would have gotten that.....no other reports that I know of.
You should open a chat with them or else email customer service. But first check to see if it's a bank change or a DJI charge....look at your credit card statement - or, better yet, call your cc company. I suspect it's something from them, not DJI.
2015-5-1
Use props
nickw
lvl.1

United States

I am from Washington state, and I ordered my Pro Phantom 3 through the DJI store. I received my bill, and there were no extra charges, no shipping charge and no tax. I don't get my phantom until may 5ht though.
2015-5-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules