First video from me, Phantom 3
1884 14 2015-4-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
artem.nedoshepa
lvl.2

United States

To begin with I've never flown anything before, today was my first flight ever!

I was scared a bit, there was a thought It's gonna become a garbage after the first flight...  DJI made a really nice toy, consumer friendly! The build quality surpises too, the remote feels very nice in hands, grips, joystics feel awesome too. I was playing around, got too high while being at the bottom of the valley, lost the signal at some point, the phantom started descending on it's own, very predictable, than the remote picked up the signal again and the fun continued.
We used an "old" (2013) Nexus 7 with the current "inspire" app on google play, worked pretty well, only after the sesh the tablet is cooked, needs a reboot.

Looking forward to get an extra battery and a backpack, the thing is heavy to carry for 1+ miles.
2015-4-30
Use props
jon.jongodfrey
lvl.3

United Kingdom

toy?!!  Ouch! ;-)  Nice and very brave early flight!
2015-5-1
Use props
Kent
New

Germany

"toy" only hurts in the first second. if you think about it...it actually is an expensive toy, doesn´t have much in common with rc modellmaking. everyone can fly it out of the box, the computer will take care of the flying, no skills needed. try that with a plane or a "regular" quadrocopter...
2015-5-1
Use props
jake1164
lvl.2

United States

What did you use to edit the video?
2015-5-1
Use props
msjh
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Well done.  Outstanding for a first flight.

Suggestions:

- Edit it down more
- Never - never - shoot into the sun.  You lose too much.

Still this is a better video than many will make after a few dozen flights!  Well done, again.
2015-5-1
Use props
artem.nedoshepa
lvl.2

United States

Thank you for the suggestions guys, point taken.
I used FCP but no color correction or other modification to the footage, just some simple cutting.
2015-5-1
Use props
buzzcbr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 316545 ft
United Kingdom

was that the Pro or Advanced P3 ?
2015-5-1
Use props
fda483
lvl.1
Flight distance : 196654 ft
United States

Awesome first flight!! Just remember as easy as they are to fly, they are just as easy to crash!!!

Joe
2015-5-1
Use props
rami
lvl.1

United States

buzzcbr@gmail.c Posted at 2015-5-2 01:18
was that the Pro or Advanced P3 ?

The video was posted in 4K, so its safe to say it was the Pro.
2015-5-1
Use props
1337brian
lvl.2

United States

Really nice flight! Beautiful scenery you have around you! Sadly where I live it's VERY flat and not too interesting. We have a lot of rivers and stuff but flying over water makes me just a tad nervous.
2015-5-1
Use props
info
New

Greece

Love it!!!!!
2015-5-2
Use props
xguy4ku
lvl.1

United States

Ballzy first flight indeed over this amazon like forest ,
2015-5-2
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

That was really great to watch. Thanks for having the courage of taking it up so high, especially on your first flight...

The 4K camera really holds its appeal when seeing vids of that picture quality.

RedHotPoker
2015-5-2
Use props
artem.nedoshepa
lvl.2

United States

Here is the second one:
Weird thing, the gimbal was in a "funky" state during take off (you can see on the video it's pointing down and sideways) Up in the air the first 90 seconds of the video is very unstable and tilted. After I played with the gimbal's dial on the remote it came back to normal. The compass was calibrated before taking off.
2015-5-2
Use props
artem.nedoshepa
lvl.2

United States

Ok, one more from me, in 20-25mph winds, had no issues:

2015-5-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules