Samsung galaxy s8 won't connect to mavic air
4287 6 2018-2-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
WillyG88
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Just opened my mavic air and NOTHING will connect. Followed the official DJI instructions to the tee, just couldn't connect to the RC or the AC. Wifi nope, wired nope.

Turned on the controller and the AC and both the controller and AC lights are green. Opened the DJI go 4 app and it say's disconnected, so clicked on enter device and connect to aircraft then wired connection and can't get past step 3. It's like my Samsung s8 just won't recognise the controller at all. Tried the wifi connection too and nothing works. Anyone got any suggestions, i'm all out of ideas of how to get it up and running. It's driving me insane!!
2018-2-17
Use props
flyingbosnian
lvl.3
Flight distance : 360522 ft
Bulgaria

Check the USB C cable...I had a similar problem. It worked on the first day but wouldn't connect the day after so I tried with a different cable and works great now. Not all cables are data cables, some of them can only charge
2018-2-17
Use props
Datadogie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27028 ft
United Kingdom

I upgraded the firmware before my first flight this morning. No connection with the remote. I could only fly with Galaxy 7 WiFi. Recharged everything when I got back home. Then tried again. It asked me to upgrade again, which I did. Unfortunately, Gimbal works but not sure about the rest as I live close to an airport and could not try any flights. If weather permits I will be out again tomorrow.
2018-2-17
Use props
DJI P5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 59610 ft
Singapore

I am using SI no problem at all
2018-2-17
Use props
DJI P5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 59610 ft
Singapore

Sorry tapo error S8
2018-2-17
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Willy, so you are able to control the gimbal via the RC, right? Have you tried another connecting cable? Please use your original USB cable, note to remove the left cable first when you use the USB port on the bottom of the RC. Also, try to reinstall the latest app or another mobile device and try again. See if it helps.
2018-2-18
Use props
cyborg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 123960 ft
Singapore

switch off MA, RC and exit  the app.  Reconnect phone to RC, switch on RC and then switch on MA after few seconds.  It took me couple of tries to get it connected too. Just try the off all and turn back on cycle couple of times, it should connect. I use an s8+ too.
2018-2-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules