Is Crystalsky HMDI out Clean?
2532 6 2018-2-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
14jnewmy14
lvl.3
Flight distance : 452835 ft
United States

Does anyone know if the Crytalsky's HDMI out is a clean output, meaning before the camera has applied it's compression. I'd like to hook up an external recorder to it so I'm able to utilize better codecs for editing and didn't know if it would provide a clean enough hdmi output like some cameras are capable of doing. My hunch is no, but wanted to make sure.
2018-2-17
Use props
StianGel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 686654 ft
Norway

The output from the HDMI port is the downlink from the drone.
It is normally a 720p signal that includes potential interupptions in the feed.
2018-2-18
Use props
14jnewmy14
lvl.3
United States

StianGel Posted at 2018-2-18 14:42
The output from the HDMI port is the downlink from the drone.
It is normally a 720p signal that includes potential interupptions in the feed.

So the HDMI out would basically be just used as a screen recorder. DJI has so much potential they are wasting with the crystalsky. Had I really know and understood the limitations of the device I more than likely would have went with something different. If they can get the Crystalsky to pump out a clean HDMI signal when using the OSMO, since it's wired and not over wifi transmission like a drone, they would really have a powerhouse production tool. As it is right now it's kind of just playing around. I was on the fence about getting the osmo pro and crystalsky or something like a Panasonic GH5, a handheld gimbal or Ronin and a external recorder, but with with OSMO because I have many DJI products and thought the ability to be able to share tools within the different systems would be beneficial, now I'm really regretting my decision. Not only did I fork out a lot of money for OSMO, now I'm gonna have to spend more to really do what I want. Unless there is a way to incorporate a way to record iin different formats, like DNxHR that I don't know about.  Lesson learned I guess, the expensive way. Thanks for the response.
2018-2-18
Use props
StianGel
Second Officer
Norway

With a wired connection from the OSMO i am not sure about the feed out of the HDMI port.
I know you can select  what resolution to output, and also if you want the OSD in the feed.
2018-2-18
Use props
14jnewmy14
lvl.3
United States

StianGel Posted at 2018-2-18 15:29
With a wired connection from the OSMO i am not sure about the feed out of the HDMI port.
I know you can select  what resolution to output, and also if you want the OSD in the feed.

When you say you can select what resolution to output do you mean from the crystal sky or from the settings in the OSMO to record to? If you mean from the crystalsky where is that option?
2018-2-18
Use props
StianGel
Second Officer
Norway

I am thinking of the Crystalsky. I don't have it in front of me atm, but it is in the HDMI settings i think.
Last time i tested it, there was a bunch of different options.
2018-2-18
Use props
14jnewmy14
lvl.3
United States

StianGel Posted at 2018-2-18 23:02
I am thinking of the Crystalsky. I don't have it in front of me atm, but it is in the HDMI settings i think.
Last time i tested it, there was a bunch of different options.

Ok I'll dig into it and see what I can find. Thank you.
2018-2-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules