Can't even turn on my Pv2+
905 9 2015-5-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
andycr8on
lvl.1

United States

PV2+ purchased about 10 months ago from DJI.

Worked well, and then one of the motors went out. Phantom went unused for about 5 months (winter time, etc) while I ordered the parts to fix it. Parts got here last month, and I couldn't even get the PV2+ to turn on. So, I have done nothing to it as far as attempting to repair it. I thought both of my batteries may have swollen and ruined while they sat unused, so I ordered a new battery from DJI. It arrived yesterday, and I still can't even turn on the PV2+.

Any help, my friends?
2015-5-1
Use props
I. P. Freely
lvl.4

United States

Perhaps the Engine Control Unit burned out and the motor was OK! Did you also replace the engine control board for the motor when you did the repair?
2015-5-1
Use props
andycr8on
lvl.1

United States

I. P. Freely Posted at 2015-5-1 22:44
Perhaps the Engine Control Unit burned out and the motor was OK! Did you also replace the engine con ...

Thanks for replying.

I haven't replaced anything. When the motor went out, I researched it and it was the same thing that had happened to many other people. I watched videos, etc. and saw what was needed to fix it. When the parts arrived, I went to turn on the Phantom to make sure which motor was acting up and it wouldn't turn on. So I haven't even disassembled the Phantom.
2015-5-1
Use props
I. P. Freely
lvl.4

United States

andycr8on@mac.c Posted at 2015-5-1 22:47
Thanks for replying.

I haven't replaced anything. When the motor went out, I researched it and i ...

From what I hear a major short would prevent the a Phantom from booting up.
2015-5-1
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Did you ever have it started after the motor went out and before you put it on the shelf for 5 months?
2015-5-1
Use props
kirk2579
Second Officer
Flight distance : 37415 ft
United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-5-2 00:00
Did you ever have it started after the motor went out and before you put it on the shelf for 5 month ...

good question!

I'll follow up with

What was process used to diagnose motor as issue vs ESC or MB etc.
That way we know where to start some what better
2015-5-1
Use props
andycr8on
lvl.1

United States

Yes, I started it multiple times after the motor initially went out....basically just wishing and hoping that the motor may have magically fixed itself.  The process used to diagnose the issue was basically searching on this forum and others with keywords. I found posts and even videos of other people showing the same problem with their Phantoms. Then they showed how they replaced the motor and everything was fine. All of the symptoms were the same.
2015-5-2
Use props
andycr8on
lvl.1

United States

I've been wondering if missing software updates might be the reason it won't start. But after the new battery not helping the situation, that seems to not be the case.
2015-5-2
Use props
tesaro
New

United Kingdom

andycr8on@mac.c Posted at 2015-5-2 20:06
I've been wondering if missing software updates might be the reason it won't start. But after the ne ...

Have you had the top off at all? Check the GPS wire has not come unplugged. Its not a very good fitting and is pulled out easily. It wont start if its unplugged. Should still power up though.
2015-5-4
Use props
andycr8on
lvl.1

United States

Thanks. No, I haven't taken the top off or disassembled it in any way. I might take the top off and check that anyway though.
2015-5-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules