Mavic air worked for a few days then cooling fan stopped working
4531 12 2018-2-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Zoomzu
lvl.2
United States

So i got my Mavic air on Feb 15th. Setup and updated the firmware. Saturday the 17th first flight. Worked great. Few a few times Sunday 18th. Went back out to fly again, got a critical overheat before i could fly. Turned it off. Brought it back inside, switched to a fresh battery. Still hot, and realized the cooling fan wasnt functioning. Contacted Dji support,  but it is the weekend. Anyone else having this issue, cooling fan not working?
20180218_203633.png
2018-2-18
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

This is clearly a hardware malfunction and good that you have contacted support.
2018-2-19
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I had the same issue on the Mavic Pro Alpine White - you made the right decision returning it immediately. Hopefully you'll get another new one very soon.
2018-2-19
Use props
Zoomzu
lvl.2
United States

Well support email me back and had me click a link to open a claim. There is no option for cooling fan malfunction or processor overheating.  So I had to go under other. When the claim was finished, it's vague weather I'm going to be paying for the fix or they will. At least I didn't have to pay to ship it to Dji.
2018-2-19
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

Zoomzu Posted at 2018-2-19 18:57
Well support email me back and had me click a link to open a claim. There is no option for cooling fan malfunction or processor overheating.  So I had to go under other. When the claim was finished, it's vague weather I'm going to be paying for the fix or they will. At least I didn't have to pay to ship it to Dji.

Don't worry, it's a clear warranty case. I am sure you won't pay anything.
2018-2-20
Use props
Zoomzu
lvl.2
United States

Getting fixed for free. That makes me happy. Even though when creating a claim, it vague weather or not the fix will be covered. I am impressed with the free shipping label, to send them for the fix. Even if you get charged later for the shipping if it isn't a manufacturer warranty.
2018-2-24
Use props
zoomzu3
lvl.2
United States

My picture didn't add to my last post. I went to edit post, site wouldn't le me because it had been 2 minutes. Come on now, give a bit more time to fix things.
Screenshot_20180224-075307.png
2018-2-24
Use props
zoomzu3
lvl.2
United States

If anyone was wondering, it was just a cooling fan replacement from what was sent to me.
2018-2-25
Use props
zoomzu3
lvl.2
United States

Well I got my Air back, and yep it has a different s/n #. I was hoping I was getting my old one back, since it was just a cooling fan. But maybe it's for the best. You never know if that one was going to have issue after issue.
2018-3-3
Use props
zoomzu3
lvl.2

So far all is good with my Air so far. Very pleased.
2018-3-24
Use props
muaazahmadkhan
lvl.1
Flight distance : 172543 ft
Pakistan

The same issue happened with me, I accidentally left the drone in the car during the summer heat. When I picked it up to take a quick shot. Same message appeared on the screen. After wasting several minutes, I wasn't able to fly it. So I went back home and placed it at a cool place. After waiting around 30 min, I was able to fly it and fan also started to work which wasn't working before.

I'll test it in the evening when outside temperature drops.

Can someone tell me what is the max temperature limitation on Mavic Air?

We usually have 40-45C temperature outside during summer.
2018-7-1
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain

muaazahmadkhan Posted at 2018-7-1 01:32
The same issue happened with me, I accidentally left the drone in the car during the summer heat. When I picked it up to take a quick shot. Same message appeared on the screen. After wasting several minutes, I wasn't able to fly it. So I went back home and placed it at a cool place. After waiting around 30 min, I was able to fly it and fan also started to work which wasn't working before.

I'll test it in the evening when outside temperature drops.

The operating temperature range of the Mavic Air is 0°C - 40°C. You find all the specs here: https://www.dji.com/mavic-air/info#specs
2018-7-1
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Good to hear! This was a def warranty claim from the outset.
2018-7-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules