DJI ASSISTANT 2 DOES NOT RECOGNIZE MAVIC AIR
16296 26 2018-2-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
changb29
lvl.1
United States

hello all,
the dji assistant 2 does not recongize the mavic air when i plug it in. the rc read fine.

i first installed the dji assistant 2 on my pc laptop. it read the mavic air fine and i started the firmwear update. but then the computer kept making plugged in devisce, un-plugged device sound repeatedly and the update got stuck at 95% and would not complete. i had to turn of dji assistant 2 b/c it froze.

i tried restarting the firmware update but it wouldn't read the mavic air or RC.

then i installed the dji assisant2 app to my imac. it read the RC but still cannot read the mavic air.

it's been really furstrating. before all of this, the mavic air wouldn't work w/ the rc (the drone would only fly w/ my phone), so i thought i need to update the firmware. but now, nothing works. when i try to connect the drone w/ my phone, it doesn't connect.

help.
2018-2-18
Use props
Viridis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2383556 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Is it the latest version of assistant 2?
Mine did the above and I uninstalled assistant 2, downloaded latest and installed.
Since then it's worked fine
2018-2-19
Use props
R&L Aerial photography
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

You must have an older version of assistant, DJI threw a bug in the older versions because order versions of assistant could be used to alter flight parameters on its drones. Update to the newest version and it should be fine....
2018-2-19
Use props
Hestia
lvl.4
Flight distance : 135381 ft
Italy

I had some problems with assistant too but it was related to using al older version. This one works fine for me: https://www.dji.com/mavic-air/info#downloads
2018-2-19
Use props
changb29
lvl.1
United States

Viridis Posted at 2018-2-19 03:09
Is it the latest version of assistant 2?
Mine did the above and I uninstalled assistant 2, downloaded latest and installed.
Since then it's worked fine

yes, the latest one. just installed it yesterday.
2018-2-19
Use props
changb29
lvl.1
United States

R&L Aerial photography Posted at 2018-2-19 03:25
You must have an older version of assistant, DJI threw a bug in the older versions because order versions of assistant could be used to alter flight parameters on its drones. Update to the newest version and it should be fine....

thanks for the reply, but i had downloaded the latest version.
2018-2-19
Use props
changb29
lvl.1
United States

Hestia Posted at 2018-2-19 03:41
I had some problems with assistant too but it was related to using al older version. This one works fine for me: https://www.dji.com/mavic-air/info#downloads

yes, i downloaded the same one. not sure why i cannot get the assistant to read my mavic.
2018-2-19
Use props
changb29
lvl.1
United States

also, the function button on the mavic air isn't responsive. no matter how long i hold it, it won't beep.
2018-2-19
Use props
rantanlan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 69698 ft
Germany

That sounds bad, I think you have to open up an issue with DJI there is not much you can do if the device is unresponsive imho. Good luck, hope you get it resolved.
2018-2-19
Use props
Karel.vb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3829 ft
Belgium

Same problem here
DJI suggest buying a mac :-)
2018-4-11
Use props
Hestia
lvl.4
Italy

Karel.vb Posted at 2018-4-11 23:41
Same problem here
DJI suggest buying a mac :-)

Not recognizing the RC or the aircraft? On windows 10?

Also, which version of assistant do you have currently installed?
2018-4-11
Use props
Karel.vb
lvl.1
Belgium

Hestia Posted at 2018-4-11 23:44
Not recognizing the RC or the aircraft? On windows 10?

Also, which version of assistant do you have currently installed?

RC not recognised on windows 10 PC.
Aircraft failed update
Now even the aircraft only sometimes connected to assistant and updates fail.
The go app won't help eighter because, now for some reason I cannot connect aircraft and RC (wireless of with wire). I can't even see the aircraft in my Wifi list.
2018-4-11
Use props
Hestia
lvl.4
Italy

Karel.vb Posted at 2018-4-11 23:48
RC not recognised on windows 10 PC.
Aircraft failed update
Now even the aircraft only sometimes connected to assistant and updates fail.

Ok, few things to note:
- windows 10 will only recognize the RC if you install an older version of assistnat (1.0.7 i believe, you can find it online) and then install the newest on top of that (DJI is not correctly delivering the correct drivers and that causes the issue).
- the aircraft will not pop-up in your wifi list if it's not in wifi mode (you need to use the button on the aircraft - check the manual for how many times it needs to be pushed, I can't'remember at the moment )
- You should probably try to re-link the RC:
2018-4-11
Use props
Karel.vb
lvl.1
Belgium

Hestia Posted at 2018-4-11 23:57
Ok, few things to note:
- windows 10 will only recognize the RC if you install an older version of assistnat (1.0.7 i believe, you can find it online) and then install the newest on top of that (DJI is not correctly delivering the correct drivers and that causes the issue).
- the aircraft will not pop-up in your wifi list if it's not in wifi mode (you need to use the button on the aircraft - check the manual for how many times it needs to be pushed, I can't'remember at the moment )

Thanks Hestia for the help! I am going trough hell just after 2 days of owning the drone and flying it once or twice! I just can't believe that a cool product like this is so faulty when it comes to connecting issues / update management / UI&UE to keep it flying. Customer support is really really bad and apparantly I am not the only one. The internet is full of horror stories. Fortunately there is a forum where kind people like you try to help out. Well whatever the case, I have been trying to apply your advice and:
1. tried to find the older versions but the download links don't seem to work anymore.
2. linking the aircraft: The problem is that when the function button is pressed down (even for 20 seconds), it does not even beep anymore. It just keeps blinking orange. Then of course there is a timeout so it can't be linked.
2018-4-12
Use props
Hestia
lvl.4
Italy

Karel.vb Posted at 2018-4-12 00:56
Thanks Hestia for the help! I am going trough hell just after 2 days of owning the drone and flying it once or twice! I just can't believe that a cool product like this is so faulty when it comes to connecting issues / update management / UI&UE to keep it flying. Customer support is really really bad and apparantly I am not the only one. The internet is full of horror stories. Fortunately there is a forum where kind people like you try to help out. Well whatever the case, I have been trying to apply your advice and:
1. tried to find the older versions but the download links don't seem to work anymore.
2. linking the aircraft: The problem is that when the function button is pressed down (even for 20 seconds), it does not even beep anymore. It just keeps blinking orange. Then of course there is a timeout so it can't be linked.

Found the link with the older releases that I used to fix mine: https://phantompilots.com/thread ... -downgrades.123249/  (hope it's fine with the mods)
Also, I think I used the driver found in this page too: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... amp;fromuid=1553863

About the bind button (the led blinking behind the drone), you should only keep it down for like 3seconds and then ear a beep (another easy guide: https://www.heliguy.com/blog/lin ... ller-dji-mavic-air/)

Hope we can sort somethign out ;)
2018-4-12
Use props
Karel.vb
lvl.1
Belgium

Thanks man, but to no avail. I even tried to manually pick the driver after disabling the signed driver recuirement in safe mode but I get this as a response from all the drivers
2018-4-12
Use props
Flybee
First Officer
Flight distance : 2203983 ft
Germany

I have the same problem with my MP,  have you checked the cable?
2018-4-12
Use props
Karel.vb
lvl.1
Belgium

Flybee Posted at 2018-4-12 03:42
I have the same problem with my MP,  have you checked the cable?

Yep, changed ports and everything. definitely not the cable.
On top of that I can't press the function button on the aricraft untill it beeps twice. It just doesn't beep at all anymore.
Maybe a dumb question but do you with MP?
2018-4-12
Use props
Flybee
First Officer
Flight distance : 2203983 ft
Germany

Karel.vb Posted at 2018-4-12 04:10
On top of that I can't press the function button on the aricraft untill it beeps twice. It just doesn't beep at all anymore.

I have never tried that thing on the MP. I only turn on and off power when doing this.
I tried it on a PC and when I get home I will try it on a Mac. To see if it's an operating system thing.
2018-4-12
Use props
shingy
lvl.2
United States

I just had this same thing happen with new goggles on a fully updated MacBook pro with the version of DJI Assistant I downloaded today. All I see is something about connecting to the Inspire and now my goggles are totally non-responsive. I guess they're going back tomorrow. Dang, I just ordered a Spark too. I hope that's not going back as well. Let's see, that would be goggles, spark, HDMI module for Phantom 4 remote, spark batteries -- the cash sounds kinda nice when I add it up and think about it lol!
Seriously though, I'd really rather have working goggles. Hope they fix it very soon.
2018-4-12
Use props
Karel.vb
lvl.1
Belgium

I had contact with DJI, they asked me to send the mavic air and controller back for review. Confident that they will solve the issue, just really hope that it won't happen again with a new MAvic air. As I can see on this forum and others there are a lot of software / connectability and UI/UE issues with DJI. #401 Keep you posted.
2018-4-17
Use props
changb29
lvl.1
United States

hi all, thanks for the replies.

the problem ended up being the drone got stuck in the booting phase and i had to return the drone to dji to be replaced. the new one they sent me works fine w/ the my phone and RC. i do travel a bit for work and like bringing my drone w/ me.. so i'm not ready yet to try any firmware updates. don't want to risk the drone not working again.
2018-4-17
Use props
djiuser_lIDvJWFwmMJb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2805 ft
United States

Assistant 2 loaded on iMac on April 19th and Mac would not reboot after that.  Had to clear disk and reload system program and reload data.  Anyone else having this problem?
2018-4-21
Use props
MightyRouse
lvl.1
United States

Mine was doing that until I put in a full battery. Same thing when I go to transfer video using the usb-c. It will connect and disconnect constantly until I put in a fresh battery. Not sure what the battery percentage threshold is, but it seems anything less than 50% gives me trouble so I just put in a fully charged one and it works fine.
2018-4-21
Use props
fableg
lvl.2
Flight distance : 21388 ft

Karel.vb Posted at 2018-4-12 04:10
On top of that I can't press the function button on the aricraft untill it beeps twice. It just doesn't beep at all anymore.

Hier
I have thé same problème as you.

Did you find à solution? I tried all i could and nothing work.
2018-5-22
Use props
Karel.vb
lvl.1
Belgium

fableg Posted at 2018-5-22 00:19
Hier
I have thé same problème as you.

I sentthe drone to the dji repair center and got a new drone. Problem solved, hasn't occured since then. exchange was free.
2018-6-25
Use props
Fabrice_FR
lvl.2
Flight distance : 21388 ft

Hi,

Thanks for your answer...I did the same: i sent to repair center after checking issues on line with a cool guy in Netherland.

They sent me a new one but i didnt try it yet... no time and bad weather condition and maybe a little afraid to install the update again.  :-))
2018-7-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules