Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Andy LIS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3358875 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi folks,

I've been tinkering with the Spherical Panorama mode on my Mavic Air, and I'm having a few issues getting the horzizon stitched nice and level.  It does a gret job for the most part, but then at one point in the image, the horizon is disjointed, like the level has shifted slightly.

Anyone got any ideas how to imrpove this?  I'm not touching the sticks, and it does on both calm and windy days.  There should be a sample of a typical issue attached...

Doing the stitching in lightroom seems to give much better results, but the stitching process takes forever on my PC...

Thanks
Andy

bad stitching

bad stitching
2018-2-19
Use props
AM0
Second Officer
Flight distance : 415554 ft
Estonia

I have had blurry areas on almost every panorama I have taken, but nothing this bad.
When I assembled one from RAW files in Lightroom, everything turned out much-much better.

I hope this result of yours is one time error not a constant result...
Do you have an option "Save unstitched panorama images" checked?
Check the original images, is it the capture problem or just a stitching error?

My experience is that the onboard algorithms are somewhat limited compared to specialized software running on full size computer, but the capture part from Air is flawless. :-)
I hope DJI can improve the onboard algorithms so that the out of drone images are also usable.
For best results I will continue to assemble the panoramas on computer. In difficult situations even the best software needs manual intervention.
2018-2-27
Use props
Tadango
lvl.4
Flight distance : 232359 ft
United Kingdom

Except lightroom all other stitching software i have tried is far worse then the little ghosting in the Air itself Lightroom isn't perfect also, but comes close.
2018-2-27
Use props
Cameleon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 60394 ft
United Kingdom

I get some of the same in MA stitching. I now use Panorama Stitcher for Mac OS and it does a much better job.
2018-2-27
Use props
Andy LIS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3358875 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Cameleon Posted at 2018-2-27 03:29
I get some of the same in MA stitching. I now use Panorama Stitcher for Mac OS and it does a much better job.

I've had a few more experiments, and the amount of fuzzyness and misalignment seems to be directly proportional to the amount of wind at the time of shooting.   I think I need to use Lightroom if I want as best quality stitch as I can get, and just accept I need to save up for a new PC!

Mint sauce, not read that for a few years now!  ;)

Andy
2018-2-27
Use props
Cameleon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 60394 ft
United Kingdom

Andy LIS Posted at 2018-2-27 16:16
I've had a few more experiments, and the amount of fuzzyness and misalignment seems to be directly proportional to the amount of wind at the time of shooting.   I think I need to use Lightroom if I want as best quality stitch as I can get, and just accept I need to save up for a new PC!

Mint sauce, not read that for a few years now!  ;)

I've just recently cancelled my subs to MBUK, far too repetitional now, but love Mint Sauce

Theres a great archive here - www.thisiswhy.co.uk/
2018-2-28
Use props
Viridis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2383556 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Try Microsoft ICE.
Creates excellent spherical panos.
2018-2-28
Use props