7313 64 2015-5-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dlew21
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3963865 ft
  • >>>
United States

IS there an official statement from DJI that comes out and tells the consumer that this was a mistake.  Do we desreve more than a brief email?

Does anyone remeber when Apple released the Iphone 4 with a faulty wifi that caused dropped calls?
Apple got away with it because they offered free cases that would fix the issue.  
So far as a Ronin, Inspire, (3 phantoms) and 1 S series, OWNER, I havent heard a THING from DJI.

I have stuck by you guys, I have bought most all of your products.   This is the day I quit using your products unless you just come out, on to the forums, and/or send out emails,
and tell people you messed up!!!  Talk to your customers and stop making us have akward conversations for/with tech support please.  I've sent so many emails with NO responses about updates on my repairs, aps, returns.   

STOP creating online 24/7 tech support that doesn't offer support (ie Inspire 1/Phantom 3).  This is a pipe dream.

DJI I totally love your products when they are working.   I've shot some amazing stuff.  However, this is it for a lot people including myself.
I've bought too many things and gotten so little respect from tech support that I really am over it.

It took 1 month just to check my gimbal in, my faulty Inspire cam has been in the shop for over a month with no word about it.
It's beyond bad.  It's the worst

NOTE
Some people have taken on this thread as a means for a different conversation other then  "wanting an official statement from DJI"..    That is the only reason this was posted.  If you are here to talk about other things, that was not my intention, but it has happened..   Please keep your posts polite.
Single SelectVote, Total 74 people participate in voting
74.32% (55)
25.68% (19)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2015-5-1
Use props
yeahimatroll
New

United States

Order cancelled. See you next year when the Phantom 4 comes out. Hopefully DJI will have their s*** together by then.

Until then, you fanboys and girls can defend their actions and roll over and take it all you want. Sheep!
2015-5-1
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

yeahimatroll Posted at 2015-5-2 07:23
Order cancelled. See you next year when the Phantom 4 comes out. Hopefully DJI will have their s***  ...

Why do we need to know that YOUR order was cancelled? Are you someone important?
Don't you realize that thousands of orders are placed each day and dozens or even hundreds cancelled?

You must think really highly of yourself....that we, the world, need to know what you do and what your opinion of everyone else is.

Let us know next year when you turn 14 whether you order the P4. Yeah, we really want to know that. It matters.
2015-5-1
Use props
neilkarunatilak
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Order cancelled. See you next year when the Phantom 4 comes out. Hopefully DJI will have their s***  ...

Luckily, I never have problems on my Android device haha :p
But I understand, at product launch, you would think they would have the app approved in time for iOS.
2015-5-1
Use props
Michael Starley
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2812 ft
United States

easy there yeahimatroll.Your just mad at yourself.You know good and well that you surfed this site for awhile before you orded.You only payed attention to what you like.There are plenty of disgruntled customers around here.Stubbed my toe on one this morning.Not all here are sheep.Some are troopers.Got into a mess,deciced to man up,take it with a grain of salt,and affect positive change as opposed to childishness.    I understand your frustration....believe me.We. all here do...well...a lot of us....Venting through negativity and insults does not cure anything...Relax....Just curious...have you already delt with this company before?..Kinda sounds like you have.Give them til about July...Order one,keep up with the forum.By that time you will be able to learn from everyone elses mistakes..Patience Grasshopper.       Damn...tried the spacebar and this is all I get.Probably should have been studying in typing class rather than dreaming of RC cars and trucks.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          
2015-5-1
Use props
Michael Starley
lvl.4
United States

Fighting with the wife again droneflyers?...Easy on the members.He has a right to post just as well as you.Who appointed you forum judge? I droneflyers hereby deem thy post unworthy!..Now turn in your SD card sir.   Lighten up...Geez.
2015-5-1
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Michael Starley Posted at 2015-5-2 08:10
Fighting with the wife again droneflyers?...Easy on the members.He has a right to post just as well  ...

No one appointed me anything but if 10,000 people start posting the the pictures of their boxes with the cat on them...and titling them "AN OFFICIAL STATEMENT FROM DJI" as an attention getting, the forum ends up becoming useless to everyone.

Count me among those who would like to see this forum be actually useful as opposed to a twitter or facebook-like attention grab.

You can be sure I have no powers here because if I did I'd smoke threads like this before 3 people saw them. It's not right to post titles which are designed to get people to open the thread....as if it were something from DJI.

Apparently, many people have never learned to play well with others and respect property owned by others. Instead they are part of the "look at me - I'm special and can abuse my privs here" generation.

Carry on my man.
2015-5-1
Use props
Michael Starley
lvl.4
United States

Gotta valid point there.Title got me too...Youth...dlew21Take heed.Folks will stop listening to you if your not careful.
2015-5-1
Use props
coreynach
lvl.2
Flight distance : 208589 ft
United States

Wow... I don't get some of you... this is such a "first world problem." I too have my Phantom 3 Pro, and while I am a little disappointed that I can't fly it with my iPad Air yet, I feel you guys are totally over reacting. DJI has already admitted their mistake which cause the delay in Apple vetting their App. Tahoe_ED even apologized and took responsibility for a misstatement... but now that they have re-submitted, it is somewhat out of their control. They said they expect it within a week. What more do you want. If Apple can't give them a more specific date, how can they give you one. Ultimately, not being able to fly this on an iOS devices for a few more days won't kill you, and if you really want to fly it today, many others have pointed out that you can get a $30 android device that works with the new android app.

Seriously, have a little patience, or just don't buy DJI if you are so concerned. Me... well I too hope that we get the iOS app in the next day or two... but if it does take longer I'm not going to freak out. It's not that big a deal.
2015-5-1
Use props
nickernest
lvl.1

United States

coreynach@gmail Posted at 2015-5-2 08:45
Wow... I don't get some of you... this is such a "first world problem." I too have my Phantom 3 Pro, ...

Good post corey. I completely agree. Some people are acting childish about this whole thing. It was a mistake. It sucks. The company looks stupid and knows it (and someone was likely fired).

I don't have any android devices. Only have iPhone and iPad. Apple's app store review policies are a huge burden to many developers, and DJI is only one of them. It's out of DJI's hands, and if having to wait a few days for this whole thing to work itself out is going to force you to look for a different piece of $1,000+ technology, than I'd assume you didn't do squat for research on the products. I'd also question your ability to be an early adopter of technology...
2015-5-1
Use props
rbarbour
lvl.4
Flight distance : 103222 ft
United States

Its my first drone and not happy about having to wait but do understand that stuff happens.
Been reading the manual and spending way too much time on this forum. LOL
2015-5-1
Use props
dlew21
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

droneflyers.com Posted at 2015-5-2 07:46
Why do we need to know that YOUR order was cancelled? Are you someone important?
Don't you realize ...

Not to get in the middle of this droneflyers.com,  but yesterday you claimed you were really important, and I quote, "anyone with half a brain knows who I am ". - droneflyers.com....   So you run forum, yet you are be-littling someones statements???  I started this thread so EVERYONE could have an opinion.  I believe in free speech, and that's why I'm fine with you saying it,  just don't contradict yourself and rip on someone else.  And by the way, if you are using half your brain, you're pretty damn smart because humans can't access even close to that....Just saying.....
2015-5-1
Use props
leostrat_54
lvl.3

United States

Yeah, like a lot of you I was disappointed when DJI did the same thing with the Inspire BUT we did have an 'unofficial' app for IOS that I obtained only after buying a Samsung.  It took 2+ weeks for the 'official' app to show up in the Apple store but most of us flew with the 'other' app.  Can't do that here so...I took out the Samsung, dusted it off, and this bird is AMAZING.  The control range is right there with my I1, the images are as good, the speed is not far behind.  I AM hoping the IOS app hits the store soon but in the meantime I am FLYING and enjoying every second of it.  If you cut your teeth on the P2, this thing will blow you away. Enjoy!
2015-5-1
Use props
dlew21
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

droneflyers.com Posted at 2015-5-2 08:16
No one appointed me anything but if 10,000 people start posting the the pictures of their boxes wi ...

I STARTED THIS THREAD BECAUSE I"VE BOUGHT THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS OF PRODUCT FROM THESE GUYS AND HAVENT HEARD ANYTHING...  Droneflyers.com,  I looked at your site.   You have vested interested in DJI by the content you sell.   I believe you have the right to debate,  however  your conflict of interest invalidates all of your posts.   That is fact..  SO if you don't won't to see this thread could you get off of it?  That's a serious question..  I'm not trying to be rude.  Just get off this Thread and you won't need to deal with it, I promise.
2015-5-1
Use props
dlew21
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Michael Starley Posted at 2015-5-2 08:23
Gotta valid point there.Title got me too...Youth...dlew21Take heed.Folks will stop listening to you  ...

I don't care who listens to me, I just want an official statement from DJI
2015-5-1
Use props
Ariekes
lvl.2

United States

In reality,  didn't all of the people who have the phantom 3 get it a lot earlier than expected.  Before I placed my order I was under the impression that I should expect to receive it mid May.  Sooo would it have been better to not have received it at all and get it and the app at the same time.  Because if so, slide the box under your bed, stop whining, and pretend you haven't received it yet.
2015-5-1
Use props
yeahimatroll
New

United States

@droneflyers.com

Yeah, I do think highly of myself. Yes, I am important. You're an a**.

I don't care how many thousands of dollars are spent at DJI. I placed an order for just under three grand. I expect what I purchase with that amount of money to work as advertised. It doesn't! Promised all this stuff, and they cant even get their delivery dates correct. Let's not forget about all the problems with the app's.

Borrow an android device. Go buy a 30.00 phone. Why would I want to spend one more penny? Why? I shouldn't have to.

Also, I wasn't talking to you when I posted the original post. I was talking to DJI. They need to know that not all their customers are just going to keep supporting their incompetence.
2015-5-1
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

dlew21@mac.com Posted at 2015-5-2 09:50

Saying what?  I redacted my previous statement and issued a new statement.  DJI has since stated the App will be out in a week.  What more do you want?  I have already apologized.  I am a DJI employee.  Do you need more?  
2015-5-1
Use props
ezracosby
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I dont get why people are thinking theyre leaving us in the dark. I got an "official" email from DJI stating that there the new App will be released within the week, and to update my firmware. Sounds like a statement to me.
2015-5-1
Use props
jon.jongodfrey
lvl.3

United Kingdom

That is the funniest and most ridiculous post I've seen.  I’m so angry I’m going to cancel my order and go and sit in the corner all on my own and sulk.  Cutting your nose off to spite your face?

What are we talking about here... 7 days worst case.... even if it's a month I'll wait for a great new product.
2015-5-2
Use props
dlew21
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

TahoeEd, I don't know what you're talking about.  I don't believe I ever took issue with you.  Speak your mind. I also believe this thread took a turn for the worst and not what I intended.  I will say I do not believe DJI has issued a significant response to the lack of tech support as well as this latest snafu.   Some of us have more invested in DJI then just one P3.  To their credit.  Ronin Support has been nothing but top notch.  However sadly, that's as much praise I can give.  But thanks to the support over in Ronin land!
2015-5-2
Use props
nurimanizam
lvl.1

Singapore

Here's what I see from DJI Pilot app when you download the Android version.
Screenshot_2015-05-02-22-00-00.png
2015-5-2
Use props
Rothgarr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 470663 ft
United States

Love the grammar.
2015-5-2
Use props
harvey
lvl.1

United States

Went to craigslist and purchased  a used nexus android phone for $25. (beat up but works fine) Loaded the app and up she went. Wish I had a spare battery and could live stream, but no big deal still having fun flying this puppy. Even saved some juice so I could fly inside the house. My wish list; two more batteries, live stream, P3 purpose built backpack, calm winds, big surf and a full size DJI quad I could sit in and fly.
2015-5-2
Use props
FictitiousPerso
lvl.4
Flight distance : 303356 ft
Italy

harvey Posted at 2015-5-2 23:05
Went to craigslist and purchased  a used nexus android phone for $25. (beat up but works fine) Loade ...

Beats moaning eh ?
2015-5-2
Use props
Kdurree
lvl.1

United States

Although the roll out was clunky, DJI is shipping the P3 earlier than everyone thought. We all expected a release date of May 15th.

In my mind, I won't be annoyed unless it is past the 15th and the app still isn't out. I guess I don't understand all the rage over the iOS app not being out, other than DJI trying to blame apple (which was silly).
2015-5-2
Use props
Lee321
lvl.1

United States

I'm glad to see that so many of you have your P3 already.  Amazon is currently saying the Professional will be released on May 30 and the Advanced on June 15, so I figure a lot of us will be waiting until late June at best.  If you already got yours, you're lucky even if you have to wait a couple days for the app.   
2015-5-2
Use props
msjh
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-5-2 12:49
Saying what?  I redacted my previous statement and issued a new statement.  DJI has since stated th ...

DJI has stated that the App will be out in a week?

That's helpful. Please would you point me to that statement?

Many thanks.
2015-5-2
Use props
sheinisch
lvl.1

Germany

Hi, I also found that statement already, but don't know in which thread. To be honest I can't stand these kind of complaints anymore... working in the IT myself I know that such thing happen everyday and in any size org company. I think it's only fair and polite to grant a week for remediation.

Or who would like to be kicked in the ass every time and seconds after making a mistake? I lead teams... first rule is to say positive things in public and to solve problems or state criticism one-on-one first.

In Germany the parcel service is on strike today... my P3 Pro is laying around app. 10 km away from my current location. Should I call the police...  ;-)

Regards and peace,
*Sven*
2015-5-2
Use props
vmp
lvl.3

United States

msjh Posted at 2015-5-3 00:06
DJI has stated that the App will be out in a week?

That's helpful. Please would you point me to t ...

I reached out to the 24/7 Customer Support and they said within a week. But then I saw a copy of the email sent from DJI to partners that said 4-5 weeks. Not sure what to believe.

Maybe Tahoe_Ed can comment on that if he has not already.
2015-5-2
Use props
vmp
lvl.3

United States

nurimanizam Posted at 2015-5-2 22:05
Here's what I see from DJI Pilot app when you download the Android version.

Got to love the spelling on the screenshot.
2015-5-2
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

vmp Posted at 2015-5-3 02:04
I reached out to the 24/7 Customer Support and they said within a week. But then I saw a copy of t ...

I have already commented.  I was told and DJI has stated within a week.
2015-5-2
Use props
flydronefly
lvl.3

United States

dlew21@mac.com Posted at 2015-5-2 09:50

thanks, geek
2015-5-2
Use props
Csiebeneck
lvl.1

United States

I found this posted on the 24hour support page, it was posted on 4/28 so we should assume the app should be released before or on 5/5?

"iOS Pilot App
The Phantom 3 compatible version the DJI Pilot app for iOS will be available on the App Store within one week. After downloading the new DJI Pilot app, you must update the firmware of your Phantom 3 before it can be used.
Without both updates, the iOS version of the DJI Pilot app will not work with your Phantom 3.
For full instructions on updating your firmware, please download the “How to Update the Firmware” document at http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3/download/.
The Android version will be available on April 30
2015-5-2
Use props
denny
lvl.1
Flight distance : 30144 ft
  • >>>
United States

Seems to me the messages on the support page and the app itself are official statements. They can't say the precise moment it'll be released, as it depends on the Apple cert process.

If you're in the USA and you want to get flying this weekend, there's a solution at Best Buy for $29.99. I bought a Moto G on Thursday and it works fine with the Phantom 3, and you don't need to sign up for or buy any service. Not saying anyone SHOULD have to buy another device, but since the situation is what it is, I wanted to share a super-cheap solution. (And when you don't need it anymore, you can use it as a video or MP3 player at the gym or other places you don't want to risk damaging your real phone.)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/veri ... 46405&skuId=3041063
2015-5-2
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

denny@datkin.ne Posted at 2015-5-3 05:21
Seems to me the messages on the support page and the app itself are official statements. They can't  ...

Thank you Denny.
2015-5-2
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

denny@datkin.ne Posted at 2015-5-3 05:21
Seems to me the messages on the support page and the app itself are official statements. They can't  ...

Wow......that's a great idea!

I just sold my ancient Nexus 7 on ebay for $60, so this is a good solution - plus, it will allow me to compare the andoid and ios version.

THANKS! I'm checking the local BB - SCORE. I'm headed over there in 10 minutes.....for that price I can't go wrong.
2015-5-2
Use props
denny
lvl.1
Flight distance : 30144 ft
  • >>>
United States

Glad to help, droneflyers.com! When you set up the $30 Moto G, go ahead and activate it and let it assign you a phone number, but when it asks you (twice) what plan to sign up for, just choose "Pay Later." It will complete the activation. Then you can just put it in Airplane Mode, turn on Wi-Fi, and use it as a Wi-Fi only device.
2015-5-2
Use props
coronado
New

United States

My wife got so mad when I told her that I gonna spend a $1399 dollars in a drone, She said "is too much money for a toy" she stop talk to me for three weeks,
After a month of waiting, finally my new PHANTOM 3 professional arrive!! ... I try to make it fly in front my wife, I read all instructions and nothing, my wife was laugh like crazy , Im felt like a worm.
I make my research for a explanation , some rumors, but nothing from DJI,I can believed DJI have no a note or an excuse, or a e-mail explaining this problem about the IOS app.
Come on DJI,  I trust you with my $1300 for advance for more than a month, you delivery your product at the date you want , incomplete , because I ordered with two batteries and I just get one, with no a simple note " wait for your battery in a second delivery".
  My wife said that I so fool and selfish for spend 1300 dollar in a junk toy , I try to make her understand with no luck, so she told me if I can make fly my P3P before May 10th, I have to burn it to ashes or she gonna move with her mom and take the kids with her , and I agree.

Come on DJI , help me ..... Don't let me down!!
2015-5-2
Use props
coronado
New

United States

My wife got so mad when I told her that I gonna spend a $1399 dollars in a drone, She said "is too much money for a toy" she stop talk to me for three weeks,
After a month of waiting, finally my new PHANTOM 3 professional arrive!! ... I try to make it fly in front my wife, I read all instructions and nothing, my wife was laugh like crazy , Im felt like a worm.
I make my research for a explanation , some rumors, but nothing from DJI,I can believed DJI have no a note or an excuse, or a e-mail explaining this problem about the IOS app.
Come on DJI,  I trust you with my $1300 for advance for more than a month, you delivery your product at the date you want , incomplete , because I ordered with two batteries and I just get one, with no a simple note " wait for your battery in a second delivery".
  My wife said that I so fool and selfish for spend 1300 dollar in a junk toy , I try to make her understand with no luck, so she told me if I can make fly my P3P before May 10th, I have to burn it to ashes or she gonna move with her mom and take the kids with her , and I agree.

Come on DJI , help me ..... Don't let me down!!
2015-5-2
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules