2146078281 2146078281 2018-2-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Or_Milshtein
lvl.2
Flight distance : 41955 ft
United States

Hey,
i will receive a mavic pro next week from a person in my country, i wanted to know a few important things:

1) how do i know if the mavic is not fake ? what to check and where ? (date of manufacture, etc)

2) how do i know if it's a refurbished unit ?

3) the box should be sealed? stickers?  or just open it reguler?

this is mavic pro fly more combo.

thanks!!!
2018-2-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, each aircraft has its serial number. Please kindly offer the SN once you got it, we'll help to check in our system.
2018-2-20
Use props
Or_Milshtein
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-2-20 03:09
Hi there, each aircraft has its serial number. Please kindly offer the SN once you got it, we'll help to check in our system.

thanks!

but there are any notes can you tell me to check?
i will meed this guy and if i will find something not as he described i will receive my full refund
2018-2-20
Use props
Or_Milshtein
lvl.2
United States

Or_Milshtein Posted at 2018-2-20 03:12
thanks!

also he told me that one of his father friends work there.. (DJI development)

so i am waiting to see if its true or not..
2018-2-20
Use props
rshah921
Second Officer
United States

thanks!

why would you already pay him before meeting him?
2018-2-20
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

I can imagine the possibility of a refurbished unit, but haven't heard about any fakes being out there.
2018-2-20
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I think refurbished units  have a "R" at the end of the serial number.

All DJI Mavic Pro boxes come sealed with sticker seals, they are not open boxes, if the seals are broken then it has been opened.

You can check serial number here

http://tools.retroroms.info/
2018-2-20
Use props
Or_Milshtein
lvl.2
Israel

Thanks everyone!
I gave him 50$ for pre-order because he said he needs to pay with his  credit card until the arrival.
If something went wrong i will get the money back.

If the drone is stolen? Possible scenario?
2018-2-20
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
France

Its rather buyer beware, you wont know if its stolen and DJI wont help with that either, privacy laws and all that. New DJI products are in boxes with a sticker across the top of the card box, but these can be opened from the bottom which does not have a sticker on it!

The 10th character in the serial number will be an 'R' if its refurbished.

If its new, then you will be prompted to activate it in the Go App before you can fly it, it will allow you to upgrade the firmware before activation.
Although if I was selling a brand new drone I wouldn't let anyone activate it just to say they don't want it!

All DJI Product ships in white cartons, all good quality printing and have a quality feel about them, batteries in the fly more combo are packed in retail packaging as are all the accessories, the drone is packed in its own box along with its battery and remote, charger etc. If its all loose packed then you should question the authenticity of what you are looking at.

If you have doubts, what is making you doubt the purchase?

2018-2-20
Use props
Steeevo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 264882 ft
United Kingdom

Where abouts in the world are you?
2018-2-20
Use props
Or_Milshtein
lvl.2
Israel

Israel

Btw, someone told me that there in no R in the S/N, only on the box (sticker)
Is that correct ?
2018-2-24
Use props
marklyn59
lvl.4
Flight distance : 395072 ft
United States

No. When I received my refurb from DJI it definitely had a R in the 10th position.
2018-2-24
Use props
djiuser_iGJqCoTNTQSa
lvl.4
United States

There are no fake Mavics.
2018-2-24
Use props
Or_Milshtein
lvl.2
United States

marklyn59 Posted at 2018-2-24 20:41
No. When I received my refurb from DJI it definitely had a R in the 10th position.

OK, but the question is if this 'R' is for refurbished or just a random R ?

some people say: only on the box
some say, " -R " at the end of the S/N
and 'R' in the 10th position.

what is the correct answer ? maybe someone from DJI can tell ?
2018-2-24
Use props
GrahamG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73369 ft
United Kingdom

You have had some pretty good advice on here, why are you ignoring it? Story sounds like fabrication.
2018-2-25
Use props
Or_Milshtein
lvl.2
Israel

Forum is a the place to ask whatever you want.
Thanks
2018-2-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

thanks!

Or_Milshtein, the SN can be found in the box and battery compartment. With it, we can check the exact status in our system. Personally, I don't think it is a good deal in considering of warranty and authenticity.
2018-2-27
Use props
escore
Second Officer
Flight distance : 775568 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

You could download DJI GO 4 and try to connect to the device and check firmware etc. There are Mavic look-a-likes, but I think that there's no fake Mavics. More common issue (I'm not saying that this would happen with DJI, but generally) is that employees are stealing units from factory and selling them.
2018-2-27
Use props
dariusneo
New
Flight distance : 20180 ft
Singapore

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-2-20 03:09
Hi there, each aircraft has its serial number. Please kindly offer the SN once you got it, we'll help to check in our system.

Hi can you please help me check if mine is a refurbished set? thank you. S/N OK1DF3C1AD1381
2018-5-15
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

lannes Posted at 2018-2-20 07:54
I think refurbished units  have a "R" at the end of the serial number.

All DJI Mavic Pro boxes come sealed with sticker seals, they are not open boxes, if the seals are broken then it has been opened.

I just checked mine and the SN does not have a R at the end of it.  Mine is a refurbished unit.  However the Box on the sticker it does say "Mavic Pro(Refurbished Unit) on the top right of the sticker where the SN, EAN, and UPC are.
2018-5-15
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

dariusneo Posted at 2018-5-15 07:26
Hi can you please help me check if mine is a refurbished set? thank you. S/N OK1DF3C1AD1381

Do you have the box it came in?  It will tell you.  ill post a pic.
2018-5-15
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

HEre is what mine looks like
MP-Serial-2.JPG
2018-5-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

dariusneo Posted at 2018-5-15 07:26

Sorry for the late response. I've checked the SN you offered, it is a brand new one and has been activated under your DJI Account(same email address when you logged in the forum). No worries.
2018-5-21
Use props
fansc60daada
New

United Arab Emirates

08QDD9GO1200R4. Pls
2018-5-27
Use props
fansc60daada
New

United Arab Emirates

08QDD9GO1200R4. Pls
2018-5-27
Use props
fansc60daada
New

United Arab Emirates

08QDD9GO1200R4. Pls. DJI susan
2018-5-27
Use props
bmedina2001
New

United States

08QUE8K1010424
2018-7-11
Use props
Titus-Adrian Dragan
New

Romania

Hi Susan, Can you help me please with the status for the OK1DF312ADN32R, is this a refurbished unit? Thank you very much!
2018-7-11
Use props
pinkmenprints
lvl.4
Singapore

StanfordWebbie Posted at 2018-2-20 07:54
I can imagine the possibility of a refurbished unit, but haven't heard about any fakes being out there.

i agree. how to make a fake mavic air ????
2018-7-11
Use props
Titus-Adrian Dragan
New

Romania

Someone here delivered a link where you can check the S/N ... i have inserted the S/N, the message is"Model: Unknown, build on: 1. March 2018". Is this a real link? thanks
2018-7-11
Use props
fansbd9f9d81
New

Can you please check serial number
Id52859692872554rx
2018-8-3
Use props
djiuser_HR7w4kHt1iKJ
New

Hi Susan could you please check the following serial number for a DJI magic air and let me know if this product is authentic and iriginally manufactured by dji
S/N OK1CF743AF2U85

2018-9-21
Use props
Cs W
lvl.1
Malaysia

Hello Susan could you help me to check the following serial number for DJI mavic pro. Izzit genuine product, refurbished unit, unregistered ?
S/N 08QCE9E0124P5P
2018-9-25
Use props
Norbert Yap
New

Singapore

Dear Admin,

Could you help to check whether this Mavic Pro serial number has been activated?
08QUE8W101012N

I want to buy and need to know authenticity. Whether it is brand new

Thank you!
2018-9-28
Use props
randy.sauder
Second Officer
Flight distance : 872572 ft
Canada

You can easily spot/know if your Mavic is fake by testing for these 3 key conditions:
1. If you CAN fly it more than say 250 m WITHOUT it disconnecting from your controller....then it's likely a FAKE
2. If it DISPLAYS STABLE VIDEO without crazy pixellation making your screen unusable, or WITHOUT LAG to the point where it is actually fun to fly...then it's likely a FAKE
3. If it works CONSISTENTLY without any issues while using a RECOMMENDED ANDROID device....it's probably a knock-off  too

* Note (3) : If you happen to be using an Apple device, it appears that it is very difficult to tell whether your product is a fake or not...so buyer beware.

HOWEVER...If you've experienced ALL 3 of the above conditions, and you contact the manufacturer NUMEROUS times with detailed evidence and they repeatedly claim that these conditions don't exist, that there is no defect within either their firmware or the GO4 App and that you should probably verify you have a quality cable (etc, yada-yada, etc)....THEN ABSOLUTELY YOU'VE GOT THE GENUINE PRODUCT.

Sorry, I know there are loads of people that would find this funny and/or relateable.  Maybe this can be made a 'sticky' as it would save a lot of people some grief ?
Cheers.
2018-9-28
Use props
fans1d69cc10
New

India

Hi i am from India Tomorrow i will buy mavic pro. In my city there are a seller has a unit of mavic pro and he tell that the box are opened by indian customs the product is new. They also offer me to fly before purchasing. And i would like to say that how i verify that wheather the mavic pro is new or used? Wheather its a crashed and repaired item or not? Please help me Sir/Madam. I attach some photo of the drone       Thanking you.   

SK MD TAJ
2018-10-7
Use props
djiuser_gGpbbpOhnHIM
lvl.1
Myanmar

How would you know if your dji is used or brand new? Any simple particular way to know easily and quick on buying?
2018-10-26
Use props
fansee06edfe
New

United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2-27 02:03
Or_Milshtein, the SN can be found in the box and battery compartment. With it, we can check the exact status in our system. Personally, I don't think it is a good deal in considering of warranty and authenticity.

Hi can you please let me know if this DJI has any history? Person is telling me that dji Sealed in original packaging never used? Thanks
2018-11-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fansee06edfe Posted at 11-14 08:34
Hi can you please let me know if this DJI has any history? Person is telling me that dji Sealed in original packaging never used? Thanks

Hi there, the aircraft history is not available to check at our end. Currently, the warranty period for a product starts on the day such product is delivered, unless otherwise agreed upon between you and DJI, please kindly note and understand.
2018-11-15
Use props
djiuser_Oor2gqrFToqK
New

India

DJI Susan Posted at 2-20 03:09

Hi, can you check my drone serial number and let me know? I am having dji spark
2018-12-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules