Battery Error!
1543 7 2018-2-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FalconCam
lvl.2
United Arab Emirates

I was on a shoot today with my Inspire 2. Batteries were in storage charge, I charged two pairs today for the short shoot I had. Both charged fully (I think) until lights were solid green on the charger.

First pair was fine - no problems and I landed as per normal. Swapped in second Pair and got a fast flashing red light on the inspire 2- Ce11 3 on one battery was showing 0.11 V below the others.

Could I have pulled this pair of whilst it was still charging - perhaps balancing this last cell?

2018-2-20
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi FalconCam, if I am not mistaken, you are using a charging hub for the batteries, correct? If yes, would you remember the LED status light on the hub when you removed the second pair from it? Also, you may try refreshing the Inspire 2 via the DJI Assistant 2 with the second pair of batteries installed.
2018-2-20
Use props
Moving Shark
lvl.1
Flight distance : 124934 ft
United States

Just had a bad experience with DJI and my I2 Battery. I have an Inspire 2 battery (TB50) that is 6 months and 6 days old. I went flying it this weekend and got a BAD CELL error on it-confirmed by their support. I contacted support and was told they will not make an exception on the 6-month warranty and the that I could just buy a new one ($160). I also spoke to a supervisor and emailed support to see if they could help me as it was just a few days past the 6-months. I was told by all three DJI reps that no exception can be made. I have spent over $10,000 on DJI products (Inspire 2, P4P) you can believe I'm not happy with them.

Their emails always include nice phrases such as "it is a pleasure" "your kind understanding" etc - so basically they are the nicest bad service I've experienced.

Actual DJI Response:
----------------
Hello,

A pleasant day to you!

Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.

Thank you so much for sending us an email and for letting us know the issue you are having with your drone's battery. This is certainly not the experience we want for you.

I do apologize for the inconvenience; however, the information provided indicates that the batteries are outside of the warranty period (6 months).

Because of the structure of battery, it cannot be repaired. If it is out of warranty and indeed dead, we will just replace it with a new one by charging you as the price of a new battery. If so, we don't suggest you send them back. You can buy a new battery from an authorized DJI dealer or the DJI Online Store.

Thank you for your kind understanding.

You will receive an email survey two days after this email if not responded.
If you happen to be away and won’t be able to answer this email timely, please disregard the survey and reply to us directly.

Best regards,

Carol
DJI Technical Support
2018-2-20
Use props
FalconCam
lvl.2
United Arab Emirates

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-2-20 13:17
Hi FalconCam, if I am not mistaken, you are using a charging hub for the batteries, correct? If yes, would you remember the LED status light on the hub when you removed the second pair from it? Also, you may try refreshing the Inspire 2 via the DJI Assistant 2 with the second pair of batteries installed.

DJI DIana. Thank you for your reply.

Just to clarify, I charged 2 pairs of batteries at the same time using two different charging hubs. I am sure I waited for the solid green light before I removed them.

Yesterday I let the second pair batteries sit in the inspire for a couple of hours to drain them a little. I threw them back on the charging hub and waited for solid green light and beeps. Cell 3 was still 0.11V lower than the others which were all equal and I got a battery error on the inspire 2 again.

Question is, can I buy a new battery and Pair it with the good from this pair? Even though it has 10 charges on it now? Or do you expect people to buy 2 batteries each time one cell goes bad after 10 cycles?
2018-2-20
Use props
FalconCam
lvl.2
United Arab Emirates

You will also notice different charge cycles - they have never been mixed and are all paired. I checked all my other ones and they show equal cycles, except the pair of which one is showing the error!
2018-2-22
Use props
Airpixel Studio
lvl.2
United Arab Emirates

FalconCam Posted at 2018-2-22 05:21
[view_image]

You will also notice different charge cycles - they have never been mixed and are all paired. I checked all my other ones and they show equal cycles, except the pair of which one is showing the error!

can someone from DJI please respond as to why this is happening? I do not believe for one second it is because of the Lipos themselves. Something is wrong with balancing of the cells during charge
2018-3-8
Use props
djiuser_fiQgdFqHaUQg
lvl.3

Philippines

Airpixel Studio Posted at 2018-3-8 21:36
can someone from DJI please respond as to why this is happening? I do not believe for one second it is because of the Lipos themselves. Something is wrong with balancing of the cells during charge

On the i2 you can still fly safely with one battery non balanced. Just don't go long duration speeding as the unbalanced one might fail and that will cut your current flight time in half.
2018-3-8
Use props
Airpixel Studio
lvl.2
United Arab Emirates

djiuser_fiQgdFqHaUQg Posted at 2018-3-8 22:00
On the i2 you can still fly safely with one battery non balanced. Just don't go long duration speeding as the unbalanced one might fail and that will cut your current flight time in half.

The App won't let you take off, you have to do a little trick to get it to take off.

I tried to run the battery all the way down until it switches off, as some have recommended, but now I just get a solid red light on that charging hub when I try to charge it.
2018-3-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules