The Combination Shaft Virgina City Nevada
1894 8 2015-5-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tonyray955
lvl.3

United States

I went to Virgina City today and took video of the Combination Shaft.
It was a shaft that was 3300 feet deep it only goes down about 100 feet now and it's covered now so it's safter now.

2015-5-1
Use props
JtrJr-Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

Tony,

Pretty cool! There's some history I'd have never known about without your video! Good job and thanks for sharing.

Jerry
2015-5-1
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

Good video, nice use of the phantom handheld to add to the story, ride of the Valkyries was a bit overpowering though.
2015-5-1
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

Great video!  I love locations like this.  Thanks for sharing.
2015-5-4
Use props
tonyray955
lvl.3

United States

Thanks I'm going to go back up to Virgina City this weekend and try and get some more video. I had to stop because of the wind coming up you can't see it in the video because of the gimbal but the wind was really pushing my phantom around a lot and when I flew out over the cliff it was really bad.

I found a picture of what the mine looked like back in the 1800's

I use my phantom to get this picture it looks like there is a horizontal shaft

I made up something so I can put my Gopro and a light I'm going to lower it down the shaft to see what we can see.

They have plugged the mine so it's only about 100 feet down and then caped it so noway you can fall in (They had to leave the slots open because of bats)
2015-5-4
Use props
kjkisatsky
lvl.3

United States

HAHAH, gotta agree Valkyries is a bit much for the subject, but cool vid!  When you walked onto the grate and showed that shaft I got a bit queasy.  I have nightmares about falling down a hole like that.  My grandfather was a coal miner, I am so glad I never had to work underground.
2015-5-5
Use props
tonyray955
lvl.3

United States

I changed the music not a whole lot of choices on youtube for video 4 min. long.  
2015-5-5
Use props
kjkisatsky
lvl.3

United States

Better.  Still get queasy looking down that shaft!
2015-5-6
Use props
tonyray955
lvl.3

United States

kjkisatsky Posted at 2015-5-6 17:46
Better.  Still get queasy looking down that shaft!

I know I was a little bit nervous walking on it but once you look you can see the size of steel I beams you know someone could drive a truck on it and it's not going anywhere.
2015-5-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules