New version of Vision 2+
3767 22 2014-10-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
roelperalta
lvl.1

United States

I see there is a new version of vision 2+ that came out. I just bought mine 30 days ago. I called DJI and inquired if they have an exchange for previously bought vision 2+ or at least an upgrade  since mine is pretty much new. DJI said NO, at least not at this time.

I am still hoping... :-(
2014-10-28
Use props
dxer
lvl.1

Croatia

What is the difference between ''old V2+ compared to the new one ? Where do you see new version came out ?
2014-10-29
Use props
roelperalta
lvl.1

United States

I just noticed it yesterday and I was checking the new firmware, You will also see it on your DJI App News..

Differences: new propulsion system (motors and props), new compass (it is now covered), new remote control (it now has channel 7 rotary control above S2 switch, lipo batt, and more...)

2014-10-29
Use props
dbeck
lvl.4

United States

So who is selling these?
2014-10-29
Use props
kowtow1
lvl.1

United States

Thanks for this feedback.  I just placed an order for a PV2+ last night, but reading your post I've cancelled the order until I know I can get a new version.  

I really hate it when companies release a new version, but maintain the same model number.  It makes it hard as a consumer to know what version (new or old) that your are purchasing.
2014-10-29
Use props
kowtow1
lvl.1

United States

kowtow1@hotmail Posted at 2014-10-29 21:16
Thanks for this feedback.  I just placed an order for a PV2+ last night, but reading your post I've  ...

The PV2+ order wasn't able to be cancelled.  Looks like I'm getting the "old" version.  This is really disheartening that there isn't any clear distinction in the two versions until you receive it.
2014-10-29
Use props
dxer
lvl.1

Croatia

They didn't do anything for the better GPS reception or they did but avoid to mention.

Is this new Vision+ version sign that Phantom 3 version is not coming so soon or they needed to release new version with newer hardware which will prevent problems people are screaming about (GPS problems, battery problems.....all resulting in weird flyovers) ?

We can only imagine what is actually new under the hood , until someone opens it
2014-10-29
Use props
roelperalta
lvl.1

United States

http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2-vision-plus

I really like the new remote control specially the rechargeable battery and the gimbal control. I do have the gimbal control on my existing rc which is in the buttom but as everyone else, it gets disabled when you start using the DJI APP.
2014-10-29
Use props
hd_ultra
lvl.3

United States

The new versions will be in stock this week. This dealer will be shipping Friday. And they are great for support.

http://www.dronecamps.com/?f_checkoutResult=cancel
2014-10-29
Use props
Dragonrider
lvl.2

United States

hd_ultra@msn.co Posted at 2014-10-30 07:08
The new versions will be in stock this week. This dealer will be shipping Friday. And they are great ...

So I take it you order from this place and are happy with their service and support?
2014-10-29
Use props
arhnem.digital
lvl.1

Australia

kowtow1@hotmail Posted at 2014-10-29 21:30
The PV2+ order wasn't able to be cancelled.  Looks like I'm getting the "old" version.  This is re ...

I don't understand why the order can't be cancelled after all they are selling you "old technology"
2014-10-29
Use props
hd_ultra
lvl.3

United States

Dragonrider Posted at 2014-10-30 09:00
So I take it you order from this place and are happy with their service and support?

Yes they are outstanding,  
2014-10-29
Use props
Dragonrider
lvl.2

United States

This is good feedback as there is no price break from any source so it's the service that will make the difference.  I am planning on buying a Vision 2+ and wasn't sure if it was better to buy direct from DJI or a dealer.  There are no dealers close to me in Port Saint Lucie, Fl. so I cannot just drop by and purchase one and walk out the door.  I will have to order and the Vision 2+ with two batteries seems like a good deal.  I presume shipping is quick?
2014-10-29
Use props
roelperalta
lvl.1

United States

I live in NYC and got lucky that one of the DJI support centers is in this area. Store name is STC Electronics in Manhattan. Great technical support too, specially if you bought the unit from them. :-)

I was looking around and I see that the new shielded compass with the landing gear costs less than $20. The new remote control with gimbal control is approx. $100. I will probably start with the compass. This new one looks more sturdy too..
2014-10-29
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

28 October: I ordered one of the P2V+ last night directly from the DJI website -- and since their website is displaying and promoting all the new bells, whistles and flashing lights it DAMN WELL better be one of the new versions!  The last order only took 5 days to arrive from China so I'll post an update if something else comes out of the box!
30 October update: Got a call from Amy at DJI in China wanting to know why I ordered another P2V+...???  It seems they just wanted to verify it was actually me that had ordered it and not somebody else who might have stolen my identity (and apparently someone who would also have had to move into my home and be using my phone number and email as well -- since it was being delivered to the same address as the last order)

[size=14.4444446563721px]Due to DJI policy, your recent purchase requires verification to be completed. Please provide one of the following to confirm your details:
1) If you paid with a non-business (personal) credit card:
- A scanned copy of your bank statement with your address and credit card transaction, or
- A scanned copy of your driver’s license with your address, or
- Other information that you believe can prove that it is indeed you who made this payment.
2) If you paid with a business credit card:
- Company information (company name, office address, office phone number, website, etc.), or
- Other information that you believe can prove that it is indeed you who made this payment.

Once we receive this information, we will process your order as quickly as possible.
Thank you,
DJI

I found this a bit baffling considering when I made the order using a Mastercard I had to enter a "Mastercard SecureCode" to verify it was legitimate.  Shortly thereafter I got a text message from that same credit card company asking to verify it was legitimate and now, two days later, I've got DJI wanting me to verify I'm me.  While I appreciated them doing all this  verifying I am kinda bothered that this has delaying shipment by two days.

And on a side note, when they catch those motherfracking-a**hole-douchebags that are stealing all those millions of credit card numbers I wish they would lock them up out in an open courtyard.  Right next to a pile of stones.
31 October update:  Email notification that order has shipped.  Tracking number estimated delivery 5 Nov by 12:00.  (Anticipation building)

2014-10-29
Use props
hd_ultra
lvl.3

United States

I think you will have more customer service buy buying from the dealers. They have a investment and need your business.
JMO
2014-10-30
Use props
cdavid
lvl.1

United States

hd_ultra@msn.co Posted at 2014-10-30 07:08
The new versions will be in stock this week. This dealer will be shipping Friday. And they are great ...

I am a first time poster her, just joined. I have been looking at Phantom 2s for a while, I have a couple of other quads.
I emailed Drone Camps today about the new updated Phantom 2 Vision+ and the person that answered the email said basically one did not exist, that I could order the current one, they had it in stock. I replied that the DJI site showed them as available and I listed the  the changes for him. He emailed back asking for a link, before I could answer he emailed back that he found it and I could pre-order if I wanted. I found the email exchange unusual. I want to order from a USA dealer and am leaning towards them but this caused me concern.

hd_ultra - you wrote they are a good shop to work with and that they will be shipping the updated ones soon, I am not doubting you, just seemed to get other info from the dealer than you received. Any input will help me. Thanks!
David
2014-10-30
Use props
hd_ultra
lvl.3

United States

I ordered my new one today. They said they were putting it together. They have not yet gave me a shipment date.
They may have just enough to fill current orders. I cant speak for them. But I know they are honest people. I will be talking with them either tonight or tomorrow. I let you know if /I hear something different.
2014-10-30
Use props
hd_ultra
lvl.3

United States

hd_ultra@msn.co Posted at 2014-10-31 05:23
I ordered my new one today. They said they were putting it together. They have not yet gave me a shi ...

Just talked to Justin, shipping will take place in about 10 days. They are taking pre orders.

Drone Camps DJI DEALER
2014-10-30
Use props
cdavid
lvl.1

United States

hd_ultra@msn.co Posted at 2014-10-31 05:32
Just talked to Justin, shipping will take place in about 10 days. They are taking pre orders.

I just checked Drone Camps website and it has changed since earlier today and it now shows the preorder for the updated Phantoms. Thanks for the input.
David
2014-10-30
Use props
hd_ultra
lvl.3

United States

cdavid Posted at 2014-10-31 05:35
I just checked Drone Camps website and it has changed since earlier today and it now shows the pre ...

Anytime David.
2014-10-30
Use props
kowtow1
lvl.1

United States

arhnem.digital@ Posted at 2014-10-30 09:31
I don't understand why the order can't be cancelled after all they are selling you "old technology ...

The order was from an Amazon seller who I'm sure has a supply of the older P2V+ kits that they must get rid of and since this isn't a different part number or different model name, they are going to try and sell their stock before people catch on.

I did sell the older P2V+ version to a friend and I purchased the new version direct from DJI last night.  Can't wait to receive it.
2014-10-30
Use props
kowtow1
lvl.1

United States

kowtow1@hotmail Posted at 2014-10-31 08:18
The order was from an Amazon seller who I'm sure has a supply of the older P2V+ kits that they mus ...

I ordered direct through DJI last night and was told the order would ship in the next 1-2 days; confirmed this was in fact for the P2V+(new) version.

I must say ordering through DJI directly means jumping through some hoops.  I had to send them proof of who I was (scanned copy of my drivers license) and provide justification of why I was having this shipped to work and not to my billing address. I must say that's the first time I've had to go through both of those things.
2014-10-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules