Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Air - Not waypoints?
1078 7 2018-2-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FoxSTI
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11286 ft
  • >>>
United States

I bought the Mavic Air upon release as it was adverized that it supported waypoints.
I recently learned that this has been taken away and apparently there are not plan to implement this.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 0&fromuid=23214

Can we please get a real story from DJI?
This is a deal breaker, as this was the ONLY reason I sold my Spark and upgraded to the Mavic air.

Thank you DJI.
2018-2-22
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Fox, it is confirmed that Waypoint is not supported on Mavic Air, I am sorry to tell this and sorry for the inconvenience.
2018-2-22
Use props
FoxSTI
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

but it was advertised at the beginning correct?
2018-2-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

FoxSTI Posted at 2018-2-22 21:58
but it was advertised at the beginning correct?

No, they also had home lock on the feature list.
From what I remember it might be that the SDK does support it so other apps might add waypoints.
But I'm not sure.
2018-2-22
Use props
FoxSTI
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

This is really disappointing. I have a spark which i upgraded with the mavic air specifically because of the waypoints (considering I really don't care for the avoidance and additional rear sensors.)

Again, this is a huge dissapointment and makes me feel cheated and/or deceived.

2018-2-23
Use props
DJI User1364
lvl.1

Canada

Go to this address and vote to have it back. https://dronedj.com/2018/02/07/vote-to-get-waypoints-back-on-the-dji-mavic-air/
2018-2-23
Use props
FoxSTI
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I did, but i dont really see DJI caring.

As cool and portable as this little drone is, the fact that it was listed as a feature and i bought it based on that l amd now its been taken away is no good.
2018-2-23
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

They need some room between the 'Air' and the 'Pro' to justify for the price diff.....
But when the MP2 comes out and it is as great as rumored, maybe then they will add waypoints?
Anyway, my best hopes are on the 3rd party apps, although they do rely on the SDK also.
2018-2-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules