Matrice 210 RTK and Matrice 200 Crash
6113 13 2018-2-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
boomslam
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7162 ft
United States

Over the last two weeks, I have had a Matrice 210 RTK and Matrice 200 lose connection with the RC during RTL and the batteries died while the drones was ~30' in the air. The drones crashed on the ground and the logs cannot be retrieved. Was flying both vehicles with DJIGO app.

Is this a known issue by DJI? Have other people experienced this problem?
2018-2-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi boomslam, we are so sorry for the crash accident, may I know if you have sent in the drone to DJI official repair center for repair service? If yes, please leave me with the case number, we will keep following up, thank you.
2018-2-24
Use props
fans621af22f
lvl.3
Flight distance : 396365 ft
United States

Were you running on latest firmware? Did you go through the process detailed in release notes for V01.01.0500 and re-update firmware with each pair of batteries you have?  After each pair of batteries goes through update process while inserted in aircraft, they must be removed and sit for at least 90 minutes before using again.  This is what has addressed others having similar problems.  If you've done all that....then ????
2018-2-24
Use props
bcjarrett
lvl.2
United States

The batteries they shipped with the 210 originally are almost certain to fail. I assume the F/W update fixes some of these issues.

We have had 2/4 of our TB55's fail (on the ground) and had them warranty replaced.
2018-3-1
Use props
GHD-UAV
lvl.1
Flight distance : 771 ft

Canada

We also lost two 210 matrix in 2 months due to signal loss inside confined spaces. today August 12, 2018. a matrix 210 with zenmuse Z30 descended vertically on its axis of takeoff between two buildings of 14 floors with facades of glass and aluminum. when 5 floors remained to land the drone completely lost the connection with the joystick and crashed on the side of the anti-obstacle sensors. all the firmware was up to date. the bateries was more than 75%. we have verified that the sensors are functional. we used the DJI pilot application. we need DJI's explanations.
2018-8-12
Use props
Flifli
New

Cyprus

I want to buy a matrice 210 rtk. I want to ask someone who have it already about the max distance that he fly and max altitude that he can rich. Thanks.
2018-9-7
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

Flifli Posted at 2018-9-7 02:22
I want to buy a matrice 210 rtk. I want to ask someone who have it already about the max distance that he fly and max altitude that he can rich. Thanks.

Altitude I bet it’s electronically limited to 500 meters, like all DJI drones.

Fly safely
Alex
2018-9-11
Use props
Olivier Vietti-Teppa
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11618934 ft
  • >>>

Alex B. Posted at 2018-9-11 12:59
Altitude I bet it’s electronically limited to 500 meters, like all DJI drones.

Fly safely

hello, no, this drone can with the authorization provided to DJI, be unlocked, and can climb from the start up to 1000m
2018-9-11
Use props
Leono87
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11552 ft

Costa Rica

Hello.

Same here, I had a crash with a M200, it was 17 min in the air and just fall.

I sent the aircraft to a DJI facility, they dont cover by warranty.

I think that it was a similiar issue.

I was using a Flight Plan app.
2018-10-29
Use props
Corgikev
lvl.1
Flight distance : 832536 ft
United Kingdom

Is this why the CAA have made an order to not permit flight over persons with all Matrice 200 UAVs?
2018-10-29
Use props
dbarboza
New
Costa Rica

Hello.

I am Dagoberto, I had a crash with a Phantom 4 pro, it was 10 min in the air and near the home point with 40% of batery  just fall from 200 ft.

Have other people experienced this problem fliying P4 Pro V2?
2019-4-1
Use props
fansa7e34cd9
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2538474 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Corgikev Posted at 2018-10-29 08:55
Is this why the CAA have made an order to not permit flight over persons with all Matrice 200 UAVs?

Yes they have had about 6 mandatory occurence reports about 210s dropping from the sky. I have been asking ARPAS in UK to ask CAA on an update to the discussions to see if there is any pattern to these occurences.

As I have said elsewhere in the m200 threads we really need to monitor and record motor temps, check correct COG to avoid over stressing motors, payloads, TB55 batteries ONLY dont use TB50s, and ensure FW is latest. The fact the original CAA notice talked about possible motor failures reminded me of the glue on the Inspire 2 motors issue, which caused some of them to drop...........makes you wonder, but I think the simplest thing is to monitor motor temps very closely at take off, idling hover and check they are heating at the same rate without stress, stress them and see if there are any deviations with a good COG (can do this on the bench with no props obviously), and just see if anything odd is going on with the motors.
2019-4-26
Use props
fans494624c1
lvl.1

United States

My M210 RTK fell out of the sky a few months ago. I did my preflight, and had been airborne for approximately 8 minutes when it just tumbled down. All equipment and batteries were updated to the latest firmware. I was in a completely open area with no obstructions. I never lost connection to the aircraft nor did it lose power, as I have video the entire way down and at least some of the motors continued to spin. DJI said they were unable to determine the cause, so it was not covered under warranty. They did offer a replacement at a reduced cost.

Since then a contact at a large online UAS company told me they had several customers experience the same thing. What they were told is that the screws on the bottom of the motors come loose. These screws hold the ESCs/heatsinks on, and if they come loose the ESCs will overheat and shutdown. I cannot say if this is definitely true, but this comes from a reputable source. I will definitely be checking these screws regularly on my replacement 210.  I also purchased a SafeAir parachute system.
2019-5-6
Use props
SEBASTIAN URIBE
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9439003 ft
  • >>>
Colombia

fans494624c1 Posted at 2019-5-6 07:12
My M210 RTK fell out of the sky a few months ago. I did my preflight, and had been airborne for approximately 8 minutes when it just tumbled down. All equipment and batteries were updated to the latest firmware. I was in a completely open area with no obstructions. I never lost connection to the aircraft nor did it lose power, as I have video the entire way down and at least some of the motors continued to spin. DJI said they were unable to determine the cause, so it was not covered under warranty. They did offer a replacement at a reduced cost.

Since then a contact at a large online UAS company told me they had several customers experience the same thing. What they were told is that the screws on the bottom of the motors come loose. These screws hold the ESCs/heatsinks on, and if they come loose the ESCs will overheat and shutdown. I cannot say if this is definitely true, but this comes from a reputable source. I will definitely be checking these screws regularly on my replacement 210.  I also purchased a SafeAir parachute system.

Hi. DJI finally answer your case? I've had a month ago the same problem with a Matrice 210 RTK
2020-1-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules