RC Controlled Spark Went Haywire Mid Fight
865 8 2018-2-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Matt08hk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 54888 ft
Hong Kong

I decided to do a quick text flight after I have updated to firmware 100.900. All status was normal with only 5 satellite prior to taking off.

Everything seemed normal till it switched to Opti mode due to lack of GPS signal. then the app prompted me I was already at the maximum altitude at only around 100ft and I was limited to a distance of 500m (which doesn't seem to be 500m) while i was flying it with an RC. I decided to have the drone back then all of the sudden it haywire! the drone acted like it was compensating to the wind velocity, but it wasn't windy at all and only at 100ft. I noticed the drone also suddenly switched to sports mode (or at least it felt like it).

Video:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Gz3ysjHglxNIfgL9II7_hmi8jZyMse2L/view?usp=sharing

Errors/Prompts I had:
Weak GPS
Compass Error (Calibrated before flight)
Gimbal Overload
Opti Mode

Anyone knows whats going on?

2018-2-24
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, Matt. Did you crash the drone before? If not, please ensure that there is no interference around your spark. Please try to fly in a place with good GPS signal and fly again. Thanks for your support.
2018-2-24
Use props
Matt08hk
lvl.2
Hong Kong

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-2-24 02:29
Hi, Matt. Did you crash the drone before? If not, please ensure that there is no interference around your spark. Please try to fly in a place with good GPS signal and fly again. Thanks for your support.

Hi Elektra,

No I have not crashed before. I did try again in an open field both w/wo OTG. The signal is still a bit odd still but I did not have lost control like the first time.
2018-2-24
Use props
Solestacz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 489193 ft
United States

i don't even leave the gound with <12 satellites locked, so that what happened to you does not happen to me. that approach has proven reliably effective. it's just true that there are times/places you really should not fly.
2018-2-24
Use props
Matt08hk
lvl.2
Hong Kong

Solestacz Posted at 2018-2-24 07:03
i don't even leave the gound with

I can understand where you're coming from. I wouldn't know how else will i be able to enjoy this spark if I live in a densely tiny populated city and be able to maintain a perfectly disciplined like yourself
2018-2-24
Use props
Solestacz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 489193 ft
United States

Matt08hk Posted at 2018-2-24 07:36
I can understand where you're coming from. I wouldn't know how else will i be able to enjoy this spark if I live in a densely tiny populated city and be able to maintain a perfectly disciplined like yourself

there are times when i initially get a low gps count, but if i wait 1-2 minutes on the ground, the count will come up to a good # - when it does, i launch and try to get up to a decent altitude (20-30m) straight away - to get out of interference and into a better count of satellites locked - i know- we're all concerned about maximizing flight time vs battery charge, but the patience pays off. some other users who operate in that kind of urban enviro may have some specific tips as to how the approach the situation.
2018-2-24
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Matt08hk Posted at 2018-2-24 03:01
Hi Elektra,

No I have not crashed before. I did try again in an open field both w/wo OTG. The signal is still a bit odd still but I did not have lost control like the first time.

I see. Please enter wifi setting and check if most of the channels are green. I would recommend you fly with the best signal. Keep us updated, if you find the new problem.
2018-2-27
Use props
mattinhk
lvl.2
Hong Kong

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-2-27 01:24
I see. Please enter wifi setting and check if most of the channels are green. I would recommend you fly with the best signal. Keep us updated, if you find the new problem.

Understood, atm i have sent the drone to the repair service because the gimbal issue is becoming a big frustration. I'll wait for it to be shipped back and give it another go.
2018-2-27
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

mattinhk Posted at 2018-2-27 01:37
Understood, atm i have sent the drone to the repair service because the gimbal issue is becoming a big frustration. I'll wait for it to be shipped back and give it another go.

I see. I think our designated department will take a good case of your product. Hope you can get it back soon.
2018-2-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules