My P3 is a brick
2045 15 2015-5-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ArmyScout
lvl.2

United States

I just paid $1300 and realized that I can't fly my P3 because I use ios devices.  Am I missing something or did DJI really release this product with no way for the apple population of users to fly? Good thing I have other tools for my shoot next week.  geez
2015-5-2
Use props
ntfa
lvl.4

United States

No way for now with iOS devices
2015-5-2
Use props
denny
lvl.1
Flight distance : 30144 ft
  • >>>
United States

I posted a $30 Android device solution here if you want to get flying without waiting.
(Assuming you're in the USA)
2015-5-2
Use props
ntfa
lvl.4

United States

My deal with android is that I'm paying 30 bucks for 23 minutes.  Then put it away and charge the battery.   If I had extra batteries and more time,  I think I'd get the phone.  Think I'll wait til the iOS app arrives.  Some might not be able to wait.
2015-5-2
Use props
tworent
lvl.2

United States

Sounds like you should be made at Apple not DJI but most apple people are like a cult.
2015-5-2
Use props
ArmyScout
lvl.2

United States

denny@datkin.ne Posted at 2015-5-3 08:10
I posted a $30 Android device solution here if you want to get flying without waiting.
(Assuming you ...

Thanks Denny, in Atlanta so good to go here.  I'm thankful for the solution but annoyed that I need to spend more money to fly, ugh.
2015-5-2
Use props
ArmyScout
lvl.2

United States

tworent Posted at 2015-5-3 08:38
Sounds like you should be made at Apple not DJI but most apple people are like a cult.

Agree Apple = Cult.  I'm definitely a cult member.
2015-5-2
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just got back with my Moto X
Ready to go now - thanks for the tip, Denny!

I'm an Apple guy since 1984, but Android is fine and dandy....whatever does the job!
2015-5-2
Use props
olympic_spice
lvl.3
Flight distance : 98934 ft
United States

wait you cant use apple devices for P3???!!!!
2015-5-2
Use props
billR848
New

United States

not until Apple releases the app, hopefully soon, I'm supposed to get mine Monday
2015-5-2
Use props
felixmiziozniko
New

United States

it's not the same app as the inspire which I just downloaded. looks about the same
2015-5-2
Use props
ArmyScout
lvl.2

United States

olympic_spice Posted at 2015-5-3 10:45
wait you cant use apple devices for P3???!!!!

Well not yet anyways.  I received the P3 on Friday and it's been sitting idle since because I use apple iOS devices not android.
2015-5-3
Use props
ronnydsosa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21624 ft
United States

A DJI employee posted on RCGroups.com the reason why we still don't have an ISO App.. And it's not because of Apple....   A DJI engineer made a mistake when submitting the app for approval to Apple and that was causing the delay... Just be patient, it will be available soon.
2015-5-3
Use props
nickmedici
lvl.3
Flight distance : 88287 ft
United States

tworent Posted at 2015-5-3 08:38

Dji is the only company that I've ever seen release a product and say "we thought we submitted it in time." If it was submitted less than and month ago and it probably was then they submitted too late.
2015-5-3
Use props
wanccie
lvl.2

United States

denny@datkin.ne Posted at 2015-5-3 08:10
(Assuming you ...

Now it's 40 bucks.  Supply and demand.  LOL
2015-5-4
Use props
knicholas194
lvl.2

United States

yup,  so far this is the most expensive paper weight I've ever purchased.  And its not even that great of a paperweight!  
2015-5-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules