SD Card Unreadable After Normal Power Down
781 3 2015-5-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
corey
New

United States

Ok, here's what happened. And this is the second time its happened. I fly for about 20min and record maybe only 5min of footage (specific shot).  I stop recording and power down. I relaunch and fly for another 10min and record about 2-3min of footage and stop recording and power down. I was able to preview all of my video files before the last power down. The next day I plug my sd card in to my reader and it says the card needs to be formatted and can't be read by the computer (win 8.1). Tried it on my Mac, same deal. I run recovery software and I am able to pull about 9 .mov files, the last one is the only one that is playable. I try the djifix.exe process with no luck, it says each file is only 0's but they are aproximately 300mb each give or take 50mb.

1. What is causing this issue?
2. How can I get playable files out of these recovered files?
2015-5-2
Use props
Boogieman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5611893 ft
  • >>>
United States

Put back in Inspire and power up allow a few minutes for it to repair the files.  
2015-5-2
Use props
petersilver
lvl.1

United Kingdom

See if you can play them through the Pilot app.
2015-5-3
Use props
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

put back in Inspire, power up radio, tablet, bird, exactly as if you were going to fly.
After everything is connected and ready to go, take a 5 second video, hit the stop button, power everything down and put the card back into the reader. The 5 sec vid should be there and the previous vid that you are concerned about should be fixed, (make sure you delete all the files on your pc from the 1st try) before you try and import them a 2nd time.

Reader's digest version -
If a file is ever messed up, put the card back in the bird, then make a short recording (to fix previous file) -

Bob Marley
2015-5-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules