Download Updates Prior to Powering up?
465 3 2018-2-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansfcfd4e3a
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18865 ft
United States

How can I download Firmware AND the latest FlySafe database prior to powering up my Mavic and controller? I would think the app could download these things for the device(s) on my account, and have them at the ready for the next time I power up my quad.

It isn’t alwas within good wifi that I a connecting to my quad, so I could save battery life on both the quad and remote controller, and my tablet, if I could at LEAST download to my tablet when home or in a shop with Wifi, thus increasing the chances of having the latest data when flying.

It seems like every 2-3 weeks there’s something new to download, and DJI Go prevents transfer if batteries are under 50% (for obvious reasons), but that has stopped me dead on a few flights just today. Since it takes 5-10 minutes to download, my remote went from 60%-49% during the download to my tablet, and subsequently prevented the transfer to my quad due to the battery level, so now I’m back indoors, charging everything back up.  
2018-2-25
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, it doesn't support downloading priority, since the firmware needs to be detected when the drone connected. If there is no device connected to the app, it does not know which drone it is going to connect, which version is your drone now and so on. So please kindly check if there is a need to update before going to fly. Thank you.
2018-2-26
Use props
fansfcfd4e3a
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18865 ft
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-26 01:24
Hi there, it doesn't support downloading priority, since the firmware needs to be detected when the drone connected. If there is no device connected to the app, it does not know which drone it is going to connect, which version is your drone now and so on. So please kindly check if there is a need to update before going to fly. Thank you.

So, DJI doesn't have a record of what craft are registered to me and which updates I have downloaded to date? Whether it knows what is currently on the craft seems irrelevant, the user would just need to have the latest firmware automatially downloaded for any craft he/she chose.
2018-3-10
Use props
DJT_MVSP
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2018645 ft
Singapore

fansfcfd4e3a Posted at 2018-3-10 06:02
So, DJI doesn't have a record of what craft are registered to me and which updates I have downloaded to date? Whether it knows what is currently on the craft seems irrelevant, the user would just need to have the latest firmware automatially downloaded for any craft he/she chose.

Right now you can only download the latest FlySafe database prior to powering up the mavic; just open DJI GO and when the NFZ update pops up press update and download. When connected to the aircraft simply do the same procedure to send the update to the Mavic.
2018-3-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules