Crystalsky 7.85" Ultra dead after 2 months at worst time!
604 2 2018-2-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bakerfox
lvl.2
Flight distance : 165338 ft
United States

I work for a TV station and was flying over a procession for a slain police officer today when my Crystalsky 7.85" Ultra went completely black.  It looks like the backlight went out.  If I look in a dimly lit room, I can barely see the screen and can hear the clicks when I hit buttons.

Luckily, I had a second Crystalsky 7.85 (not ultra), and was able to quickly swap, but if I didn't have that with me, it could have been a REALLY bad situation.  

I tried calling DJI support this afternoon, but was never able to reach a live person.  I gave up after almost 2 hours.  Not good DJI!

I am a Part 107 pilot (and Private Pilot) and have years of UAS experience.

2018-2-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi bakerfox, we are so sorry for the unpleasant experience with the CrystalSky, it looks like there may be hardware issue with the display, please fill in online repair form to start a ticket and send in the device for further evaluation, we apologize again for the inconvenience that has been caused to your work.
2018-2-28
Use props
bakerfox
lvl.2
Flight distance : 165338 ft
United States

Thank you Mindy, I sent it off today.  Do you know how long turn-around generally takes?  We use this for news gathering at our television stations.
2018-2-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules