Great Day For Flying- Phantom 3 Advanced
837 10 2018-2-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rickyber
lvl.4
Flight distance : 403488 ft
United States

Posted this in the Phantom forum but thought to post it here also.

Got an awesome deal on a Phantom 3 Advanced with a bunch of extras on Craigslist. I have a Mavic pro and Spark but never flew the Phantom line.
My first flight was in the back yard , just to get a little feel for it. I love the size and more weight of it and it flew great yesterday as we got some really nice weather.

Here is a try at a video with it:
2018-2-28
Use props
Leftyguy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1282638 ft
United States

Nice Video - Thanks
2018-2-28
Use props
BearDrone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2887251 ft
United States

Very interesting footage of the various river traffic and activities. Thanks for posting.
2018-2-28
Use props
Nebicaneser
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Fantastic video !!!
2018-3-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

It looks like great! Thanks for sharing such a beautiful video with us.
2018-3-1
Use props
Jerkman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 197054 ft
United States

Cool video!  Just be aware that you were in restricted airspace when you took this video and that you should have contacted the Philadelphia Airport's control tower to let them know that you were flying (you may have done so but didn't mention it).  Keep safe and enjoy the sky!

Hmm... I take that back, it looks like you were just outside the 5 mile radius of the Philadelphia airport, so as long as you didn't cross into that limit on your flight, you are good to go.  Drone on my friend!
2018-3-1
Use props
Rickyber
lvl.4
United States

Jerkman Posted at 2018-3-1 04:59
Cool video!  Just be aware that you were in restricted airspace when you took this video and that you should have contacted the Philadelphia Airport's control tower to let them know that you were flying (you may have done so but didn't mention it).  Keep safe and enjoy the sky!

Hmm... I take that back, it looks like you were just outside the 5 mile radius of the Philadelphia airport, so as long as you didn't cross into that limit on your flight, you are good to go.  Drone on my friend!

Thanks for the advice and looking out for me !!!

Yes, the whole area is really touchy there in relation to Philadelphia International Airport. So, I definitely try to stay south and as you said, a little farther to the north, I am in there house.....lol. Also, I plan on going over to New Jersey to look for some good places to film but will have to stay south as the NFZ also extends over to New Jersey.
I usually use UAV Forecast and their maps to check for restricted areas and such.
2018-3-1
Use props
Rickyber
lvl.4
United States

Jerkman Posted at 2018-3-1 04:59

Hmm... I take that back, it looks like you were just outside the 5 mile radius of the Philadelphia airport, so as long as you didn't cross into that limit on your flight, you are good to go.  Drone on my friend!

Forgot to mention this.

The river is actually a very important tangent line for the airport. Normally, the landings take place to the north of the airport and the river becomes a glide path for the planes to come in.

As for the area I was in, it is the take off line and I did see a multitude of planes ascending above me. I imagine, this set up is for safety and emergency purposes. That way, the river is easy access for a scenario like Sully Sullenberg and"The Miracle On The Hudson".
2018-3-1
Use props
Jerkman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 197054 ft
United States

Yes, in looking at the Philadelphia runways, they placement certainly took the river into consideration.  I'm in Altoona, and our small little airport's main runway is aligned so that aircraft can come in along the valley between two ridges in a similar fashion.  Things you probably would not have ever thought twice about before you got into remote piloting!
2018-3-1
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Beautiful footage.   
2020-12-23
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Remarkable footage.    Great flying to stay outside the NFZ.
2021-2-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules