705 15 2018-2-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Illuminations
Captain
Flight distance : 13 ft
  • >>>
United States

I created this short film durin a recent series of snowstorms here in Western Washington. Everything gets so peaceful, quiet, and beautiful after it snows, and I think I really captured that sense of serenity in this video.

I also created a photo gallery with illustrative prose to go with the video: https://illuminationsfromtheattic.blogspot.com/2018/02/peace.html

I actually did some rather tricky flying with this one, and came close to crashing on more than one occasion! For some of the shots I had to maneuever the Spark into narrow spaces between trees and bushes to get the shot.
2018-2-28
Use props
Leftyguy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1282638 ft
United States

Nice Video Thanks
2018-2-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Very nice video!
2018-2-28
Use props
Cookster670
Second Officer
Australia

beautiful imagery.   You’re lucky to have access to scenery like that
2018-3-1
Use props
Sidd Finch
Second Officer
Flight distance : 256 ft
United States

WOW that is a really nice video. Nice colors and really nice shot selection. I agree very very peaceful. You did a really good job. If I can offer a couple of suggestions IMO. AT 5 minutes it is just a bit long. May I suggest trying to shorten the video a bit. Maybe in the 3 minute range. Also Your selfie shot seems  like it would be better suited to place at the end of the video with  and ending credit. I just seemed a bit out of place in the beginning.

Overall really nice video and I watched it a couple of times. Well done.

Sidd
2018-3-1
Use props
Lee Moon
Second Officer
Flight distance : 61850 ft
United States

You've shot a gorgeous location.  Winter is beautiful there.  Thank you for sharing your video!
2018-3-1
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Very nice indeed! Thanks for sharing!   
2018-3-1
Use props
Illuminations
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Sidd Finch Posted at 2018-3-1 09:47
WOW that is a really nice video. Nice colors and really nice shot selection. I agree very very peaceful. You did a really good job. If I can offer a couple of suggestions IMO. AT 5 minutes it is just a bit long. May I suggest trying to shorten the video a bit. Maybe in the 3 minute range. Also Your selfie shot seems  like it would be better suited to place at the end of the video with  and ending credit. I just seemed a bit out of place in the beginning.

Overall really nice video and I watched it a couple of times. Well done.

Thank you!

In regards to your suggestions (which I appreciate very much); I thought long and hard about the length of the video. Usually I aim for 2 1/2 - 3 1/2 minutes for videos like this. I actually considered breaking this one up into 3 or different videos and using some of the less impressive footage that I didn't include. However, I wanted to do something different, and I really loved relaxing feeling that I thing drawing the video out to 5 minutes created.

I like to include a shot of myself, or of someone else at the start of my videos because I think it engages viewers and helps to tell a story. However, I can see see your point.

Thanks again, I always welcome and appreciate honest feedback!
2018-3-2
Use props
Illuminations
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Thanks to everyone for watching and commenting!
2018-3-2
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Illuminations Posted at 2018-3-2 12:55
Thanks to everyone for watching and commenting!

Pleasure!      
2018-3-2
Use props
MFPullen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6257444 ft
  • >>>
United States

Excellent work,  Thanks for sharing this with the group.
2018-3-2
Use props
rimza
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3307 ft
Brunei

A very serene composition indeed. You do not face any OA warnings/nuisance going through those tight areas?
2018-3-2
Use props
Bender1031
lvl.4
Flight distance : 209938 ft
United States

Nice video!  It looks so amazing there!
2018-3-2
Use props
Illuminations
Captain
  • >>>
United States

rimza Posted at 2018-3-2 17:30
A very serene composition indeed. You do not face any OA warnings/nuisance going through those tight areas?

The OA warnings were almost constant lol! The worst part is how when activated OA severely limits your range of movement, but doesn't make the Spark any more stable. I've had the spark veer dangerously close to bushes and trees when the OA activates. To make matters worse, the complex structure of the forest is very confusing to the OA system and often triggers false positives.

Still, because of its small size, the Spark is amazingly fun to fly in the forest!
2018-3-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Beautiful footage.   - Nice to see some snow.
2020-12-23
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Amazing winter footage.    Great job of flying.
2021-2-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules