Mavic Pro settings
1313 7 2018-3-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Harley Davidson
lvl.1

United States

I just got my Mavic Pro last week.  I ran across this forum and had to sign up.  I have been watching some of the videos that have been shot and posted.  They are really good.  Does anyone have any suggestions on learning to shoot videos like these?  What video editing software are you using?  I am open for any suggestions here.  Thanks in advance!

2018-3-2
Use props
FlyDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

Welcome to the Mavic Pro club.
Watch a lot of video on YT and learn how and where to shoot your movies and photos. There you can also find out how to figure out the camera settings for the best recordings.

Regard editing software, there is really a lot to choose from. Personally, I use the "VideoPad Video Editor" which is simple but sufficient for my use.
2018-3-2
Use props
Harley Davidson
lvl.1

United States

Got it.  Thanks
2018-3-2
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

Yes ,Welcome to the forum. Go with FlyDK  (post #2) suggestion on watching YouTube for ideas.

Any other problems you run into, just ask them here on the forum and one of the members will always respond.

For me I use Davinci Resolve 14 by Blackmagic Design. It's free on the web and is not to hard to learn.

Looking forward to seeing your videos.  
2018-3-2
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

Yes, there are tons of tutorials on YouTube.  Just do a search.  Here's a few of my favorites.  Search their titles to find those that deal with settings:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCULVibcmK8-TOoDBjevhAvQ
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIExVohZChd5Z40z8uqdz6A
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9tnwOsaA7T29VuUCuXvr7g
2018-3-2
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Welcome to the forum!
I would suggest next to reading / watching others work / tutorials etc to start flying and filming.
Review your work and learn from your mistakes.
Take small steps and improve along the way.
If you think you have something nice, share it here and there will be users to view and comment
Happy (safe) flying!
2018-3-3
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Harley, welcome to the forum. Please kindly refer to the answers above, and there are always users sharing their shooting skills and post-producing tutorials, you can also refer to their experience. Most importantly, like Montfrooij mentioned, fly with caution, keep it safe.
2018-3-4
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

Welcome. There is much to learn over here. Everyone has his personal settings and how he/she shooting his footage.
Make up your mind , which resolution you shoot and which program you use depending on your computer and device you watch.
My settings for me is to shoot @ UHD 30 fps, manual, iso 100, D-log and style 0,-2,-2. NTSC. Then I use a polar ND filter to get the shutter at double the fps (60) for smooth footage.
I do the color correction and edit on Davinci Resolve 14 studio, but there is a free version too.
2018-3-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules