My Backpack Idea
1889 22 2015-5-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Muzzy
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hi Everyone.

I've just posted my idea for a home made backpack, works good too!

Look on my blog here: Muzzy's World

Regards.
Muzzy.
2015-5-4
Use props
Rockeyes
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Very nice indeed Sir.

I humped the standard case about the other day. Cussing under my breath as I shifted from one arm to the other. That's just would I could do with. Thanks.

PS. Keep the Blog going I've booked marked the page.
2015-5-4
Use props
durrr
lvl.2

United States

Rockeyes Posted at 2015-5-4 22:51
Very nice indeed Sir.

I humped the standard case about the other day. Cussing under my breath as I ...

Good Effort but I'd rather see a bag you can place it in and have good supporting.

I'm starting to realize the Inspire 1 is so big its just not possible to have a normal looking bag. Maybe it's a good idea to get a Phantom 3 or 3DR Solo to travel with.
2015-5-4
Use props
Rockeyes
lvl.3

United Kingdom

durrr Posted at 2015-5-4 23:46
Good Effort but I'd rather see a bag you can place it in and have good supporting.

I'm starting to ...

I also have the Phantom 2+ and the two complement each other. The smaller unit for a grab and go or just leave it in the car. The Inspire 1 for those planned shots and when conditions are not ideal for a smaller bird.
2015-5-4
Use props
leoamartinez
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1602986 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

Hi Muzzy, where can i get the small plastic boxes that you show on you page, those are the ones where you are keeping the memory cards, the screw driver?
2015-5-4
Use props
Rockeyes
lvl.3

United Kingdom

I don't think Muzzy bag is meant for a storage or transport, like a solid case but more when you need that portability. I would have begged him for that bag the other day when I had to carry a glorified suitcase across rough ground with no vehicle access
2015-5-4
Use props
Muzzy
lvl.2

United Kingdom

leoamartinez@gm Posted at 2015-5-5 00:04
Hi Muzzy, where can i get the small plastic boxes that you show on you page, those are the ones wher ...

I got them from my local supermarket - Tesco's (UK), for a £1 each. I think you can also get them from places like craft shops etc.
2015-5-4
Use props
Muzzy
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Rockeyes Posted at 2015-5-5 00:04
I don't think Muzzy bag is meant for a storage or transport, like a solid case but more when you nee ...

Absolutely right Rockeyes. It is meant only for a quick trip, like today I had a little walk in the countryside near my home and had an hours flying.

Back at home or when I go on holiday etc, I have a custom built hardcase from Italy with laser cut storage areas. As I live next door to the beautiful Norfolk countryside and the Broads National Park, for walks, boating or just out in my wheelchair, the backpack makes sense.
2015-5-4
Use props
Muzzy
lvl.2

United Kingdom

durrr Posted at 2015-5-4 23:46

I'm starting to ...

Hi Durrr.

Sometimes a little compromise is what is needed. I know it would be great to have the Inspire all covered up, but the width (even in landing mode) of the arms/legs makes it very difficult. Having said that, I had seen a zip cover that fits over the original carry case and has an harness fitted to it. Perhaps that might be your best option, not sure.

If you are really good at fabrication work, then perhaps you could modify the arms so that they are quick release along with quick-snap electrical leads etc. Now that would be awesome!
2015-5-4
Use props
woodielb
lvl.2
Flight distance : 78061552 ft
United States

Cool idea Muzzy

I've got a LowePro backpack for my Canon 5D, which has a built in rain cover. Internally it'll hold the body, a big telephoto lens, a standard lens and a big accessory compartment. I'm going to do something similar with it to carry my I1 on longer treks.  Thanks!
2015-5-4
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

Muzzy Posted at 2015-5-5 01:28
Hi Durrr.

Sometimes a little compromise is what is needed. I know it would be great to have the I ...

Muzzy,

I too have been experimenting with the Inspire strapped to a rucksack, but I placed the Inspire with its top against the bag so that the sensors on the bottom of the aircraft song get damaged.  I just used 550 para cord to strap the aircraft onto the rucksack securely.

Just a thought for consideration.  
2015-5-4
Use props
steve
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2261073 ft
United States

I traveled to Guatemala and for the peple looking for a bag that the fits the inspire inside the REI duffel bag is the way to go. For two days I climbed 13K ft up two Volcanos with the I1 strapped to my back. This duffel bag was comfortable and converts to a backpack , can be carried as a duffel or use the sholder straps for around town I carried 6 batteries and all accessories with no problem.

Rei bag

Rei bag
2015-5-4
Use props
Monkeyking
lvl.2

China

I have seen here in China this type of 4 way strap backpack. it is fully adjustable. in fact I bought one and used it to carry the inspire in the original case and even my new wheelie case. I ride my motorcycle to filming sights and this works for me.

http://h5.m.taobao.com/awp/core/ ... 54f0dc2c697a2051e17

here is a link, sorry it's in Chinese but you get the gist... the construction and quality is good, no fear of the thing breaking under load....
2015-5-4
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>

See a previous thread for lots of good suggestions that are less bulky. http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=8207

2015-5-4
Use props
wiedemann.tom
lvl.1

Germany

Muzzy your paint job on the inspire body looks awesome. I would really like a post with your explanation on how you did it.
Especially how did you transform the camera into the eightball. I was thinking on spraypainting the body, which is removable, but I would not take on the camera. So I would be really interested on your workflow.

cheers!
2015-5-5
Use props
Muzzy
lvl.2

United Kingdom

wiedemann.tom Posted at 2015-5-5 20:28
Muzzy your paint job on the inspire body looks awesome. I would really like a post with your explana ...

Hi Wiedemann.

Thanks for the praise, I'm not really worthy of it. I shall be creating the post for the strip, paint and rebuild this week. I can't say when exactly but do keep an eye on my blog site for it.

Regards.
Muzzy.
2015-5-5
Use props
Muzzy
lvl.2

United Kingdom

steve@air4.us Posted at 2015-5-5 06:52
I traveled to Guatemala and for the peple looking for a bag that the fits the inspire inside the REI ...

Hi Steve.

I really do envy you, getting to go to such wonderful places and take images of what must surely be some awesome views etc.

Brilliant bag system you have there, is there a link to the manufacturer you can share with everyone here?

Regards.
Muzzy.
2015-5-5
Use props
steve
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2261073 ft
United States

Muzzy Posted at 2015-5-5 23:06
Hi Steve.

I really do envy you, getting to go to such wonderful places and take images of what mu ...

Hi Muzzy

Yes here is the link I was really skeptical at first but it worked flawlessly, the I1 needs to be in fly position to fit properly.

The views and people were phenomenal I recommend Guatemala as a great Action Adventure/Vacation destination. I will be posting vids shortly on my page but there are a few pics there now.

Rei Duffel bag

My Sky pixel page
2015-5-6
Use props
Muzzy
lvl.2

United Kingdom

steve@air4.us Posted at 2015-5-7 08:19
Hi Muzzy

Yes here is the link I was really skeptical at first but it worked flawlessly, the I1 ne ...

Thanks Steve.

Love the photos, looking forward to your vids when you upload them.
2015-5-7
Use props
GENETTICO
lvl.3

United States

Muzzy Posted at 2015-5-7 22:51
Thanks Steve.

Love the photos, looking forward to your vids when you upload them.

Thank you Muzzy... great concept! thank you for sharing!! I do like it!! Flame on!!! (on the bird)... nice!
2015-5-7
Use props
Dangair
lvl.4

Canada

Muzzy, I like it and great paint job! I thought of doing that too but elected to use a packers frame instead. It is called a Lastecraxe ? If I've spelled that correctly? All aluminum with a super comfy harness. I can strap the entire Inspire case on there and cover it with a rain coat and pack it for miles through harsh BC bush in a pouring rainstorm. I will post a picture from my iphone or just look up the frame pack online. Yours is less expensive option by far, but i found the protection a bit to light.
2015-5-7
Use props
Dangair
lvl.4

Canada

IMG_0987.JPG Hope this is visible... Lastecraxe frame pack

2015-5-7
Use props
Muzzy
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Dangair Posted at 2015-5-8 11:21
Hope this is visible... Lastecraxe frame pack

Thanks Dangair.

I'll look it up and keep this in mind for the future.

Regards.
Muzzy.
2015-5-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules