Crashed my Phantom, dont know how bad it is
1318 14 2015-5-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kay.schulz
lvl.1

Germany

Dear all
I crashed my phantom today. The second I wanted to pick it up after landing it went into "Coming home" mode and went up. I am not experienced enough to react properly.
I was under a tree, the rest you can imagine.
So it seems that most looks ok, one piece opened, as seen in the picture. (not sure if you can see it)
What I am not sure is if some of the while stuff for the gimbal is wrong or right, see second pic. Because two are there, two are not.
I hope you get what I mean. I am totally new, it was my third flight.

Thanks for your help

Regards
kay

IMG_5013.JPG
IMG_5014.JPG

broken

broken

unclear

unclear
2015-5-4
Use props
tonyray955
lvl.3

United States

As for the compass I would replace it the leg only cost around $20.00 so why risk a $1000.00 drone. The gimbal looks ok not sure what is wrong  
2015-5-4
Use props
acenothing
lvl.4
Flight distance : 112185 ft
United States

My guess is all is ok.  The open part his the compass.  just sanp the cover back on and it is fine.  Not sure what you are looking at in the 2nd pix..  I think the bird is fine.
2015-5-4
Use props
kay.schulz
lvl.1

Germany

tonyray955 Posted at 2015-5-4 23:32
As for the compass I would replace it the leg only cost around $20.00 so why risk a $1000.00 drone.  ...

Hi
thanks for the quick reply.

I dont get it how to replace the leg etc.
And where to buy it in Germany....

Thanks again
Kay
2015-5-4
Use props
kay.schulz
lvl.1

Germany

acenothing Posted at 2015-5-4 23:58
My guess is all is ok.  The open part his the compass.  just sanp the cover back on and it is fine.  ...

thanks for the quick reply
so it is usual that not all four corners on the bird look the same. two corners have some sort of rubber connection and the other two havent
2015-5-4
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

We need a pic of the whole gimbal, but you should have 4 white rubber mounts, one in each corner, and 2 of them should have the clear plastic pins holding them in.
The compass looks like it should pop back together.
2015-5-4
Use props
danrok
lvl.1

Jersey

kay.schulz@gmx. Posted at 2015-5-5 00:11
Hi
thanks for the quick reply.

You can buy Phantom spares from Heliguy in the UK. I believe they will ship just about anywhere.

Compass is here, for example:
http://www.heliguy.com/spares-an ... vision-compass.html
2015-5-4
Use props
kay.schulz
lvl.1

Germany

johnwarr@live.c Posted at 2015-5-5 00:23
We need a pic of the whole gimbal, but you should have 4 white rubber mounts, one in each corner, an ...

Hi John
thanks. Here are some pics of the gimbal, one showing with two black arrows, where I see differences which I did not notice before.
IMG_5015.JPG

arrows included

arrows included
IMG_5017.JPG
IMG_5018.JPG
IMG_5019.JPG
2015-5-4
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

Thanks, yeah that is how it should be...
2015-5-4
Use props
tonyray955
lvl.3

United States

Yeah the lock pins are used to keep the gimbal from falling off and there are only 2 of them in opposite corners like on your.  The compass that danrok linked is not the right one it's for the vision not the vision plus you need part #18

http://www.banggood.com/DJI-Phan ... tatic-p-959677.html
2015-5-4
Use props
Axeman This user has been deleted
Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-5-4
Use props
kay.schulz
lvl.1

Germany

tonyray955 Posted at 2015-5-5 07:00
Yeah the lock pins are used to keep the gimbal from falling off and there are only 2 of them in oppo ...

Thanks
I am a bit worried to order the compass and leg myself and then change it.
Is there any tech bit I have to do? Or is it just a plug to connect the compass to the internal stuff?
To me it looks like the compass is connected with a cable through a hole in the leg. And the compass does not fit through the leg. So it seems to me some hardware fixing to do.
Or can I just unscrew the leg and a new one with a new compass? Or would I have to open the entire copter etc.?

Sorry, if I use hammer and nail my life is in danger, because I am not good at hardware :-(
2015-5-4
Use props
davidw1963
lvl.2

United States

I put zip ties though mine where the pins normally go. Kept them loose enougth to provide movement, And I feel they would hold better in a mishap. Ive lost a few of my rubber isolators and I had to get more. The zip ties keep them in place along with the camera. Those pins look like they wouldnt hold in a crash. They seem to separate easyly.
2015-5-5
Use props
davidw1963
lvl.2

United States

kay.schulz@gmx. Posted at 2015-5-5 13:25
Thanks
I am a bit worried to order the compass and leg myself and then change it.
Is there any tec ...

I installed the taller wider gear on mine. I had to notch a hole in the leg for the compass and camera cable. If you remove the top shell cover you will find the compass where its plugged into the module. Just better to notch the leg where the 2 screws are. If your getting a new landing gear, it may come with a compass so you will have to open the top shell anyways to install it. If you get the taller wider gear, then you notch the leg and then tape the compass to the inside part of the leg on the wider gear since it does not have a spot to mount it. I did that with mine with no problems. If you go that route, you will have to cut the compass mount from the old leg and then use it for the mount on the new wider landing gear. You will need very small jewlers scredrivers set to get the top shell off. Remove the outer screws around the motors first then work your way in. The motors themselves DO NOT have to be removed to get the top shell off. Just be sure to install it back in the correct direction since it has the GPS antenna mounted inside the top and it has to be facing right direction to work properely.
2015-5-5
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

Snap the cover on the compass and test a few times by doin the calibration. If all goes well your home free. If it won't calibrate then replace.
2015-5-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules