Best video editing software to learn on?
1155 9 2018-3-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans476cce53
lvl.1
Flight distance : 64341 ft
United States

Hello everyone, I am brand new to the world of droning. I have a DJI phantom 4 pro obsidian. What is the best video editing software to learn on, that is easy, so I can gradually get better. I don’t want to spend much money just to LEARN. Once I get better I’m willing to spend the money on a tool like Adobe Premier Pro or something
Any recommendations for free video editing software for a PC - NOT MAC - that is pretty easier to figure out?
2018-3-4
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

Well youve opened up a bucket of worms with this one  lol.
There are so many different editors out there and these guys will give you so many options youll probably be even more confused.
But here a good starter cyber link power director.
Its a powerfull editor and relatively cheap.
The thing thats going to get you tho is you will need a powerfull computer to do it on no matter what program you use.
2018-3-4
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Hellsgate Posted at 2018-3-4 15:09
Well youve opened up a bucket of worms with this one  lol.
There are so many different editors out there and these guys will give you so many options youll probably be even more confused.
But here a good starter cyber link power director.

^ Good advice.
2018-3-4
Use props
djiuser_iGJqCoTNTQSa
lvl.4
United States

If you're going to use an editing software, pick the one you plan to stick with. Why bother spending all that time learning the nuances of one program, only to switch and have to relearn everything?  Just because you use one does not mean you can suddenly use them all.
2018-3-4
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

djiuser_iGJqCoTNTQSa Posted at 2018-3-4 15:41
If you're going to use an editing software, pick the one you plan to stick with. Why bother spending all that time learning the nuances of one program, only to switch and have to relearn everything?  Just because you use one does not mean you can suddenly use them all.

But he can learn the basics of video editing without spending a lot of money only to find out he may not like it or may not have the hardware to run high end editors.
Using free or low cost software to start with is always a good idea.
2018-3-4
Use props
Manxmann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1178793 ft
Australia

I am in a similar boat.  Relatively new to droning and editing.
After a bit of research,  I downloaded (free) "Shotcut" which after initial frustration  ( I am not that IT savvy ) I find to be adequate.  I can re-size & add music etc,  seems OK to me.  Must admit Steven Spielberg is quite safe .... absolutely no threat from this quarter.  Hahaha..

2018-5-11
Use props
Stag Photoghaphy
lvl.2

Uh huh, I can answer this one as I was in the same boat myself.  I’ve been droning for only about  2 months now and realized really quickly that i needed to learn editing even quicker. Lol
Initially I bought Adobe Premiere Elements thinking that was all I needed. Then I started watching YouTube to educate myself about all things editing.  I’ve also learned that I need to build a new pc if I want to edit 4K.
Anyway, I was initially looking at premier pro but really didn’t want to spend all that money per year and still never own it. Then I kept hearing about DaVinci Resolve. It’s a full high end editing suite that you can download for free. They just upgraded it to Resolve 15 also free and it’s even better and bigger.  There are a few options that you need to purchase the full software for but even the it’s only 300 bucks and you own it. So try it out there is no risk.  It seems overwhelming at 1st but just YouTube it for the tutorials. You’ll be glad you did because again, it’s free...

Hope this helps...
2018-5-11
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

A quite recent release of Luma Fusion would be worth checking out. It is ostensibly the first fully featured edit that is designed to work on an iPad. read more about it here: https://luma-touch.com/lumafusion-for-ios/

2018-5-11
Use props
The Duke
lvl.1
Flight distance : 20942 ft
United Kingdom

Without doubt use Edius 7. I have used Edius for years and it doesn't let me down. If you want to see some basic results go to www.vimeo/chrisabram
2018-5-12
Use props
ghutch
Second Officer
Flight distance : 187375 ft
United States

Stag brings up a good point - you need to have a good pc to edit video.  Especially going to 4k.   Plenty of RAM, a fast CPU and a good graphics card with GPU and memory.

The free version of Davinci Resolve is pretty good.  Another one to consider is Hitfilm Express - it's a free version that has a more powerful paid version like DaVinci.  They do have their learning curves though...
2018-5-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules