Aircraft disconnected.
1050 9 2018-3-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
droneamatic
lvl.1
United States

Aircraft disconnected. It flys but no video.  It says poor signal quality even when aircraft sitting next to RC. Stuck on 2.4 can't switch to 5.8.
When I do occasionally get a connection and fly everything OK for a while. Then no video.
It will return home and land but the RC does not reconize the landing. The landing icon is on the right side of DJ4.
Very fustrating working about 5% of the time.

Software up to date. Hard reset on RC. Try to reconnect in DJ4 and on aircraft reset.

I am good at trouble shooting but this one escapes me.

Big gig coming up in 7 days. Need fix asap.

2018-3-4
Use props
Tripp
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2241401 ft
United States

It might need to be sent in for repair.  Have you tried using a different cable?  Preferably a short one.
2018-3-4
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

What type of phone/tablet are you using?
2018-3-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, may I know which RC do you use? The standard RC or the one with the build-in screen? Does the issue remain if changed to another location without interference?
2018-3-5
Use props
droneamatic
lvl.1
United States

No built in screen. Using Android screen and it has worked OK for a year.
I have suspected interference and am going to test new location today. However, should it reconnect after it flies back toward me and gets away from interference?
I sometimes wiggle cable on RC and it a couple of times appeared to correct it. Not sure how that affects connectivity of video.
I summoned it home after the last flight and it did not go all the way up to my return home altitude and seemed a little disoriented. I flew it on in manually.

DJI Assistant 2 says software up to date. Go4 looses some setup functionality when 'video disconnected'.
2018-3-5
Use props
droneamatic
lvl.1
United States

I just flew a full battery and had a good flight. Disconnect once, quickly reconnected.
The only thing I did was update the geo database. It had been asking. I was in a hurry and skipped it for the last few days.

Any comments or advice?
2018-3-5
Use props
Tripp
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2241401 ft
United States

I would try a new cable.
2018-3-5
Use props
RMJovo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1716240 ft
United States

I have the same problem on the P4P+ I have to turn off the remote identification the one just above home point settings, turn off both UUID and ID & Flight info MAKE SURE YOU SCROLL DOWN AND HIT APPLY !! Then switch to 5.8GHz go back and check the Remote ID again it has a nasty habit of turning back on. This seems to work fo me getting the 5.8GHz working for me.
2018-3-8
Use props
RMJovo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1716240 ft
United States

Try this put the controller in 5.8Ghz first then power up the Quad up after the controller is in 5.8GHz. Let me know what works for you.
2018-3-8
Use props
Phantomflyer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1016486 ft
United States

(4) days ago the OP had been made, then silence.  What is it with some folks, they ask for help, then disappear never to be heard from again. Too funny!, or maybe not so much. : )
2018-3-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules