Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bautiprea
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2654 ft
Argentina

Hello,
I would like to tell you my delicate situation with my Mavic Air;
After 2 weeks of having it, at first I had connection issues, the image would freeze and said image transmission lost when sometimes changing from video to photo mode, but changing back and re trying would fix and transmission would be live again.
A couple of days ago, I was flying it upwards while recording, and at a certain point it began to fly upwards at more than full speed(a rotor max speed reached message appeared) and had to wait a couple.of seconds till it reached maximum altitude to get it back down. The controller didn't respond to my inputs.
The following day, I was testing APAS below the tree line, literally a meter away from it, and suddenly it stopped responding to the controller. The app said lost aircraft connection, and when I clicked cancel, it went upwards towards the branches, it really got messed up and then shut off and fell. Nothing happened but it got dirty and had to clean it thoroughly, but there are small particles of leaves in the area where air gets in( at the back top, there is like a dust protector so that particles don't get in, for ventilation, but there are some leaves stuck and I don't know if I should open it to clean)
Another small detail is that I was once flying, and the gimbal went crazy, and began to move up and down, couldn't control it, but a couple of seconds later it went normal.
I don't like it losing connection like this, It feels unsafe, I would like to get a solution, I will attach a proof of purchase, I bought it less than a month ago, but Im not un the US right now, I'll be back for a couple of weeks in May. Is this a software problem? What should I do?

2018-3-5
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

I would strongly recommend you open a support case with DJI and let them analyse the flight data as well as provide you further guidance: https://www.dji.com/support
2018-3-5
Use props
bautiprea
lvl.1
Argentina

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-3-5 10:43
I would strongly recommend you open a support case with DJI and let them analyse the flight data as well as provide you further guidance: https://www.dji.com/support

Im into that, but they want me to send it for repair and Im not in the US until may, where I ll be for a couple of weeks only
2018-3-5
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

what phone /tablet devise are you using ?
2018-3-5
Use props
bautiprea
lvl.1
Argentina

Bekaru Tree Posted at 2018-3-5 10:49

Galaxy S8, Im using DJI Stock cable
2018-3-5
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

bautiprea Posted at 2018-3-5 10:48
Im into that, but they want me to send it for repair and Im not in the US until may, where I ll be for a couple of weeks only

I see the problem. But you could at least make the blackbox and other flight data available to them for analysis to determine if it is a potential warranty case I believe. And can't you send it to the US from Argentina?
2018-3-5
Use props
bautiprea
lvl.1
Argentina

Bekaru Tree Posted at 2018-3-5 10:49

2018-3-5
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

bautiprea Posted at 2018-3-5 10:53

thanks - i am just always curious to know what devises people use.
It is valuable to be able to write that off as not likley to be part or cause of the problem.
2018-3-5
Use props
bautiprea
lvl.1
Argentina

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-3-5 10:53
I see the problem. But you could at least make the blackbox and other flight data available to them for analysis to determine if it is a potential warranty case I believe. And can't you send it to the US from Argentina?

The live support guy doesn't want me to send dat. file, or whatever flight log I have, they say only repair center uses that. I could try sending it to the us, but they should pay the shipping, Its under a month warranty
2018-3-5
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

bautiprea Posted at 2018-3-5 10:59
The live support guy doesn't want me to send dat. file, or whatever flight log I have, they say only repair center uses that. I could try sending it to the us, but they should pay the shipping, Its under a month warranty

From my own experience the live chat support staff are doing their best, but are somewhat limited in their possibilities. Do it through a formal written case opening would be my suggestion: https://www.dji.com/support
2018-3-5
Use props
bautiprea
lvl.1
Argentina

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-3-5 12:19
From my own experience the live chat support staff are doing their best, but are somewhat limited in their possibilities. Do it through a formal written case opening would be my suggestion: https://www.dji.com/support

I get it. You mean, contacting them via email?
2018-3-5
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

bautiprea Posted at 2018-3-5 13:20
I get it. You mean, contacting them via email?

Yes, exactly. Then you get a case number and further instructions on how to upload your data. And once you have a case number, DJI moderators here can also help you following the case up.
2018-3-5
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

I am so sorry to hear your crash. Please kindly send the drone in so we can help to make data analysis for this crash, if it's a warranty case, we will get your drone repaired/replaced with no charge according to our After-sales Policy. And for the shipping cost, you might need to bear it when shipping it back. As I saw you are located in Argentina, you can also try to ask the dealer to help in this case. Sorry for the inconvenience and hope your case will be sorted out soon.
2018-3-5
Use props
bautiprea
lvl.1
Germany

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-3-5 18:22
I am so sorry to hear your crash. Please kindly send the drone in so we can help to make data analysis for this crash, if it's a warranty case, we will get your drone repaired/replaced with no charge according to our After-sales Policy. And for the shipping cost, you might need to bear it when shipping it back. As I saw you are located in Argentina, you can also try to ask the dealer to help in this case. Sorry for the inconvenience and hope your case will be sorted out soon.

I'll try to send it out in May, when I go to the US. However, I'll be there for 2 weeks only, so I'm not sure if itl'll make it on time. I bought it less than a month ago, I should be able to get a replacement....
2018-3-5
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

bautiprea Posted at 2018-3-5 18:39
I'll try to send it out in May, when I go to the US. However, I'll be there for 2 weeks only, so I'm not sure if itl'll make it on time. I bought it less than a month ago, I should be able to get a replacement....

I am sorry, I am not able to assure if it'll make it on time. But if you had sent the drone in that time, you can provide us with the case number, we will help to keep an eye on it.
2018-3-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules