Obstacle Avoidance Issues....
1546 14 2018-3-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Davey1nut
lvl.2
Flight distance : 46693 ft
Canada

I have my mini Ipad 4 with the latest DJI app version.  And the Latest IOS.  All updates and firmware updates complete.  I can be up about 50 meters, with nothing around,  flying forward, then my obstacle sensors start beeping that there is something in my way and the drone stops moving.  Has anyone else had this experience.  I'm flying in GPS mode, about 15 satelites.  Always strong signal, no compass errors.  My ipad is connected via wifi, very stable.
Thanks in advance!
2018-3-7
Use props
Ram-UK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1132648 ft
United Kingdom

Did you try flying in Sports Mode or with Obstacle sensors disabled ? If you can fly in Sports mode then check the front for any damage or scratched.
2018-3-7
Use props
Davey1nut
lvl.2
Canada

Ram-UK Posted at 2018-3-7 11:24
Did you try flying in Sports Mode or with Obstacle sensors disabled ?

I did disable the sensors.  It did not work.  Still did the same thing.  It sports mode, it performed perfectly.
2018-3-7
Use props
V_kingo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 310157 ft
Chile

The sun is also detected as obstacle, is this you case?
2018-3-7
Use props
Davey1nut
lvl.2
Canada

V_kingo Posted at 2018-3-7 11:28
The sun is also detected as obstacle, is this you case?

I had no idea about the sun.  Is it because of glare or something?  It was very sunny that day.
2018-3-7
Use props
Ram-UK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1132648 ft
United Kingdom

Davey1nut Posted at 2018-3-7 11:36
I had no idea about the sun.  Is it because of glare or something?  It was very sunny that day.

Try turning the front sensor away from the Sun and check as suggested in post #4.
2018-3-7
Use props
Davey1nut
lvl.2
Canada

Ram-UK Posted at 2018-3-7 11:42
Try turning the front sensor away from the Sun and check as suggested in post #4.

I will give it a try, and post my results.
2018-3-7
Use props
LouisP
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41952 ft
United States

Agree.. it sounds like the sun was your obstacle... First time it happened to me I sort of panicked thinking I would not be able to get the spark to come back to me until I realized that I could just turn it around and fly it backward.
2018-3-7
Use props
Davey1nut
lvl.2
Canada

LouisP Posted at 2018-3-7 12:12
Agree.. it sounds like the sun was your obstacle... First time it happened to me I sort of panicked thinking I would not be able to get the spark to come back to me until I realized that I could just turn it around and fly it backward.

Good to know, thank you for your experiences!
2018-3-7
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

I fly a lot after work (for some reason my boss thinks I should be working during the day instead of out flying) so the sun is fairly low in the sky. It complains a lot about the sun, have to turn it a little bit and it will go forward.
2018-3-7
Use props
dj_dread
First Officer
Flight distance : 648399 ft
Romania

it happened to me when using the propeller guards. they were mounted wrong! two of them have a white mark. these should be mounted on the white marked motors. check that as well.
2018-3-7
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Davey1nut Posted at 2018-3-7 12:20
Good to know, thank you for your experiences!

Davey, please keep us updated, if the problem remains, please tell me your firmware of drone and the version of your app. Please export the flight data and the black box for analysis. You can upload it to dropbox and post the link here. Thanks for your support.

2018-3-7
Use props
Davey1nut
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-3-7 18:29
Davey, please keep us updated, if the problem remains, please tell me your firmware of drone and the version of your app. Please export the flight data and the black box for analysis. You can upload it to dropbox and post the link here. Thanks for your support.

I went out for a full length flight this evening (just before sunset) with no issues.  In regular flight,and sports mode.  There was no glitches at all.  Everyone pointing to the sun being an obstacle I believe was the issue here.  Thank you very much everyone for your great, fast support.

Happy flying!!!  
2018-3-7
Use props
DJT_MVSP
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2018645 ft
Singapore

Sometimes the Sun emits more infrared than usual which would then be picked up by the sensor thinking it's its own infrared light
2018-3-8
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Davey1nut Posted at 2018-3-7 19:09
I went out for a full length flight this evening (just before sunset) with no issues.  In regular flight,and sports mode.  There was no glitches at all.  Everyone pointing to the sun being an obstacle I believe was the issue here.  Thank you very much everyone for your great, fast support.

Happy flying!!!

Thanks for your update. Please contact us if you have other problems need to be solved.
2018-3-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules