DJI GO FIRMWARE ISSUE/ phantom 3 standard
4291 24 2018-3-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Warrior_joe
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14016 ft
United States

I have a DJI Phantom 3 standard. After many attemps to download an install the latest firmware from the app. without sucess. I got the message " Download Paused'  then i hit it and see " continue download" hit that and another message "failed to download the update package. Yes, i have my samsung galaxy 4 connected to my home wifi. I uninstalled the app and reinstalled the app. Nothing seems to work to get the file to downloaded within the app.
I manually downloaded the bin and directly put it on the sd card. The log file on the card said it completed sucessfully. The DJI app states I need an firmware update but I get a green light to go.
Should I just ignor the update on the app? or is there a way to fix this issue with the software stating i need an update?
Thank You

2018-3-8
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

You might try to uninstall the app, reboot your device and re-install the GO app. If you have the green light it sounds like you are good. Give it a shot.
2018-3-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hey Joe, what's the current aircraft and APP version? You can check it in DJI GO>General Settings>About. If both have been updated to the latest version, the reminder should be the misinformation, no need to worry about it.
2018-3-8
Use props
Warrior_joe
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-3-8 18:22
Hey Joe, what's the current aircraft and APP version? You can check it in DJI GO>General Settings>About. If both have been updated to the latest version, the reminder should be the misinformation, no need to worry about it.

version 3.1.28  the only available update. i have just reinstalled the software and will see what happens and report back. Thank you
2018-3-8
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

Do you have the log file for view?
2018-3-8
Use props
Warrior_joe
lvl.1
United States

Here is the file that i took of the mini sd card. I left the previous version bin on it. I did try to format the sd card and put on the bin and it did update the quad but with the same results, so i put the old bin back and put the new bin on the card to. Here is the text file data:

========== 2014.01.01 00:01:15 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: P3C_FW_V99.99.9999.bin
Upgrading ...
Result: Success.

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:14 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: P3C_FW_V01.09.0200.bin
Skipped Packet: P3C_FW_V99.99.9999.bin
Upgrading ...
Result: Success.

========== 2018.03.08 16:47:57 =====================
Result: Abort.
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.

========== 2018.03.08 17:57:40 =====================
Skipped: P3C_FW_V99.99.9999.bin
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:14 remo-con disconnect======

2018-3-9
Use props
Warrior_joe
lvl.1
United States

Here are some pics from DJI GO.  At first its red, then it turns green to go, but when i access the menu, it states firmware update needed?

pic1
pic 2
pic 3

I really appreciate the help!
2018-3-9
Use props
Warrior_joe
lvl.1
United States

overall status:   shows a blank screen.

2018-3-9
Use props
Texas-Mark
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23002 ft
United States

Also

Do you still have a blank screen with a freshly formatted SD card? Something definitely seems wrong with the camera. Also when you updated with the firmware on the card, did you have the controller connected to the drone while doing it?
2018-3-9
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
United States

Warrior_joe Posted at 2018-3-9 04:47
overall status:   shows a blank screen.

Yeah I wonder too about no camera view? The overall status should be clicked on to also reveal what it says. Also go into the "about tab ", that is the farthest one down on the first settings screen, and check to see what versions of everything it is showing you (aircraft, RC, and GO app). That might help explain. So are you connected and can start the motors? Like Susan said, I have seen where everything is good, and you still get the message.
2018-3-9
Use props
Warrior_joe
lvl.1
United States

sorry, the reason there is no camera view is because there is a lens cover on it. when its off it has a nice picture. Also, i after it says ready for take off, I did start the motors with out issue. Lights in th e front solid red, lights in the back blinking green........tap on ready to go and still says  update required ..click on it and its blank
2018-3-9
Use props
Warrior_joe
lvl.1
United States

RicardoGray Posted at 2018-3-9 05:49
Yeah I wonder too about no camera view? The overall status should be clicked on to also reveal what it says. Also go into the "about tab ", that is the farthest one down on the first settings screen, and check to see what versions of everything it is showing you (aircraft, RC, and GO app). That might help explain. So are you connected and can start the motors? Like Susan said, I have seen where everything is good, and you still get the message.

aircraft status:  everything looks great except "update required" click on it and it shows blank????
2018-3-9
Use props
Warrior_joe
lvl.1
United States

reinstalled DJI go twice, removed and reinstalled bin twice manually., formatted card with  dji go and also my computer.

tested motors, sounds great, controls sounded like they were doing something when i moved them , camera moved up and down... everything looks great except the issue at hand.  Thank you everyone for your input. I am the type of guy who likes it right even though all this may not be an issue.. Could it be my galaxy 4 that wont allow the download to preceed within DJI Go ? wt_

with camera cover off:-)
2018-3-9
Use props
Warrior_joe
lvl.1
United States

2018-3-9
Use props
Warrior_joe
lvl.1
United States

camera cover off.png
2018-3-9
Use props
Amateur Droner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6411 ft

United States

I hope when you say "camera cover" it isn't a gimbal brace!
2018-3-9
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
United States

That looks better!
2018-3-9
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
United States

Warrior_joe Posted at 2018-3-9 12:10
[view_image]

reinstalled DJI go twice, removed and reinstalled bin twice manually., formatted card with  dji go and also my computer.

Sometimes you might have to actually delete the DJI directory in addition to the uninstall to clean everything up. If all is good I wouldn't worry too much, but I get where you're coming from. I too don't like to see the error meaasages.
2018-3-9
Use props
Warrior_joe
lvl.1
United States

RicardoGray Posted at 2018-3-9 12:29
Sometimes you might have to actually delete the DJI directory in addition to the uninstall to clean everything up. If all is good I wouldn't worry too much, but I get where you're coming from. I too don't like to see the error meaasages.

What directory are you referring to?  The mini sd card? I reformatted that card a number of times.  Should I leave the new bin on the mini sd card along with the old bin? I thought i would leave the new bin on the card so if i put in a new battery, it will automatically update the battery functioning?   ....I do still have the DJI Go software asking for an update, but everything else look likes okay.
Is there a tech support number that could help me fix this issue? Thank you all who have helped me!
2018-3-10
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
United States

Warrior_joe Posted at 2018-3-10 04:46
What directory are you referring to?  The mini sd card? I reformatted that card a number of times.  Should I leave the new bin on the mini sd card along with the old bin? I thought i would leave the new bin on the card so if i put in a new battery, it will automatically update the battery functioning?   ....I do still have the DJI Go software asking for an update, but everything else look likes okay.
Is there a tech support number that could help me fix this issue? Thank you all who have helped me!

You only want 1-.bin file on the sd-card that goes in your phantom. I was referring to your mobile device. Delete any left over files or directories after you un-install the GO app. sometimes just un-installing an app will still leave some files.
2018-3-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Warrior_joe Posted at 2018-3-8 19:26
version 3.1.28  the only available update. i have just reinstalled the software and will see what happens and report back. Thank you

Thanks for keeping us updated. Could you read the aircraft version on About page? The latest version of P3S is V1.9.20, you can find the release note here:
http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/p ... elease_Notes_EN.pdf
If you have got this version, this may verify my previous assumption. You can change to another recommended mobile device to confirm.
2018-3-11
Use props
Warrior_joe
lvl.1
United States

Thank You Susan for staying with me. All versions are current.. Everything looks good except for the message. I have also re installed DJI Go a few times. Re formatted the sd mini a few times. Looks like I have done everything I can to fix the update firmware message. I think the quad is ready to fly. Without props on it, i can start it and all systems appear ready. I guess when the snow leaves I try my first flight.  The issue is probably since I have such an old phone (samsung galaxy 4) that could be a contributing issue to the condition. I just wanted to make sure the quad would fly knowing I have this message!  Any input is definitely appreciated!
2018-3-11
Use props
stuka75
Second Officer
Flight distance : 85682 ft
United States

If you have more than one battery, it may want to update a battery that wasnt inovlved in the firmware upgrade process initially. If you only have the one battery then it may very well be the S4 issue. When uninstalling an app previously installed folders sometimes remain causing future install to utilize left over files from previous install on the the phone/tablet. As mentioned above use the file folder app to delete any remaining folders after uninstalling the app. Shut down phone, restart it and then reinstall the app fresh.
All that said, you are ready to go as far as safe flying, and can ignore the update warning. Many users never upgrade firmware from the original without problems, preferring the old saying "If it aint broke, dont fix it".
2018-3-11
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

Let the latest bin file on the SD card and the older one has to be deleted.
2018-3-12
Use props
Warrior_joe
lvl.1
United States

Thanks everyone! Never fixed the issue on my Samsung Galaxy S4, which is not on the approved list. Everything else looks great and good to go. Now the snow has to go away so i can take my first flight.
After numerous attempts, re formatting, re installing, everything I could think of, i suspect the issue is the older phone.. Its all good. I guess i will have to live with the update firmware note. and no overall status screen.  Thanks again!
2018-3-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules