P3 arrives today minus the extra battery
1798 19 2015-5-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dan
lvl.1

United States

Greetings,

My Phantom 3 arrived today from DJI online sales, but was missing the extra flight battery that I ordered.  I am wondering if anyone else has had this happen.  My FedEx shipment status showed only one package, but the shipping label in the box listed the extra battery.  Regardless, I've sent an email to [size=12.8000001907349px]onlinesales@dji.com and am waiting a reply.  Will update when I hear something.
[size=12.8000001907349px]

[size=12.8000001907349px]Until then, it's a really nice upgrade to my P1 and P2.
2015-5-4
Use props
john.lambert4
lvl.3

Australia

I've heard that the extra batteries are being shipped at a later stage when they become available?
2015-5-4
Use props
FantomDK
lvl.4

Denmark

From what I hear, there are no extra batteries available yet for anyone. That includes the extra battery that comes with the "P3 with extra battery"-combo.

It would be interesting to hear when anyone manages to get their grubby hands on an extra battery :-)
2015-5-4
Use props
Cacc
lvl.3

Canada

Even from the local resellers, they all say that they will ship the Phantom with 1 battery and then you will get the extra battery mid-May. The retail box, even if you buy with a spare battery, does not come with it in the box; it is always a separate piece.
2015-5-4
Use props
dhills
lvl.2

United States

Dan where are you located, just wondering as I am in Texas and awaiting my delivery?
2015-5-4
Use props
dan
lvl.1

United States

Cacc Posted at 2015-5-5 11:20
Even from the local resellers, they all say that they will ship the Phantom with 1 battery and then  ...

Good to know and thanks for replying guys, but this has not communicated to me at all, unless I missed something at purchase.  It would have been nice and appropriate for the packing slip to state something to the affect that the extra battery was back ordered.  It would have also generated one less support ticket.  I do appreciate you folks responding though.  Cheers.
2015-5-4
Use props
dan
lvl.1

United States

dhills Posted at 2015-5-5 11:29
Dan where are you located, just wondering as I am in Texas and awaiting my delivery?

Atlanta.  It was due Tues, but showed up a day early.  Charging the pack and browsing the Quick Start Guide atm.  The controller is quite nice although I've been spoiled flying the Taranis with audible feedback for my P1&2.  Probably not needed as much with the Pilot App and all of the displayed info.
2015-5-4
Use props
dhills
lvl.2

United States

Great can't wait to see your vids. I ordered from my local camera store, hopefully they will get their orders in this week.
2015-5-4
Use props
lxlfeng
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14925 ft
Canada

What are your order numbers? i ordered mine on april 14 (001116657292) but the shipping status is still pending
2015-5-4
Use props
Cacc
lvl.3

Canada

lxlfeng@msn.com Posted at 2015-5-5 11:55
What are your order numbers? i ordered mine on april 14 (001116657292) but the shipping status is st ...

I ordered mine on April 10th and am still waiting as well. Order #001116300001 and Customer Ref #6842. It seems to be order number AND location that determine whether you will get an early shipment.
2015-5-4
Use props
dan
lvl.1

United States

Cacc Posted at 2015-5-5 12:07
I ordered mine on April 10th and am still waiting as well. Order #001116300001 and Customer Ref #6 ...

That's probably the case.  I didn't order until April 15, and customer reference is 14330.  Good luck to you folks waiting.  I went out and flew my brother's Inspire 1 yesterday while doing some FPV on my QAV250.  Here is a photo that he shot with his Inspire.

2015-5-4
Use props
Cacc
lvl.3

Canada

dan@blakes.us Posted at 2015-5-5 12:46
That's probably the case.  I didn't order until April 15, and customer reference is 14330.  Good l ...

And THAT is why I got into this hobby in the first place. That is an absolutely stunning shot!
2015-5-4
Use props
dan
lvl.1

United States

Cacc Posted at 2015-5-5 12:51
And THAT is why I got into this hobby in the first place. That is an absolutely stunning shot!

Thanks Cacc.  Pretty spectacular, and that from only his second flight.  DJI does make it easy.

Updating my firmware now from today's release v1.1.6.  I guess that it does take 25 minutes.  Thought that a misprint when I first read it.
2015-5-4
Use props
russell.frazier
lvl.3
Flight distance : 53645 ft
United States

dan@blakes.us Posted at 2015-5-5 12:46
That's probably the case.  I didn't order until April 15, and customer reference is 14330.  Good l ...

Awesome shot, I can't wait until my P3 arrives.

2015-5-5
Use props
colin.hinkle
lvl.2
Flight distance : 767411 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just got my professional model with extra battery today---minus the extra battery. I wrote DJI asking what's up. Would be nice if they told you that it was being shipped separately
2015-5-5
Use props
suqsid.bobmail
lvl.3

United States

colin.hinkle@gm Posted at 2015-5-6 02:08
I just got my professional model with extra battery today---minus the extra battery. I wrote DJI ask ...

They did that as a favor to you. Originally when you ordered it, it did say that the extra battery orders would not be sent out until mid-May.

People complained. Now you get your phantom based on when you ordered it and the extra battery mid-May.
2015-5-5
Use props
gboivin
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1544416 ft
  • >>>
United States

My P-3 Came today! Minus the extra battery too!! The packing slip writes " Phantom 3 Professional with Extra Battery"  Should have shown a note showing that extra battery is being shipped separately ! Then there would be know one thinking they forgot to pack it! Guess they rather have us guess and flood  their phones and messages with time consuming questions about the extra battery!
2015-5-5
Use props
dan
lvl.1

United States

suqsid.bobmail Posted at 2015-5-6 03:11
They did that as a favor to you. Originally when you ordered it, it did say that the extra battery ...

I don't remember that, but hey, my memory is anything but perfect.  Good to know that we suffer as one and that there was a method to their madness.

@gboivin, congrats.  Let the firmware updates begin.  Even though I posted 25 minutes per the update instructions, it was actually more like 10-15.  And the transmitter was really quick, like 2 or 3 minutes.
2015-5-5
Use props
dan
lvl.1

United States

For those with extra battery concerns, from the FAQ...

10.  About the delivery of Phantom 3
1)    Will the customer who orders P3 with Extra Battery receive two batteries at the same time? Will the order of P3 with Extra Battery be delivered later than the order without the extra battery?
Orders will beshipped based on the sequence which they were paid (contains one battery).Those customer who orders P3 with Extra Battery could receive the second battery in late May. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.
2015-5-5
Use props
john
New

United States

Same thing happened to me - packing list said "Phantom 3 with Extra Battery" but only one battery came with the unit.

Off topic:  I can't seem to connect to the Phantom 3 with my iPad or iPhone.  Guess we're waiting for a DJI Pilot update for that.

2015-5-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules