Does the Phantom 2 Vision+ Prop-guards work with/fit the Phantom 3?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FantomDK
lvl.4

Denmark

I have a set of original DJI propguards from my P2v+. And with the P3 being useful for indoor filming, they might actually come in handy. The question is - will they fit the new Phantom 3?

PS: You can buy the Phantom 3 Propellar Guards right here

-
Buy your DJI-gear, batteries, cases by using this link - it'll help me out

2015-5-4
Use props
Cacc
lvl.3

Canada

They will fit. I wouldn't use the props from your P2V+ as they are not exactly the same material and might not handle the active braking, but the prop guards fit perfectly.
2015-5-4
Use props
FantomDK
lvl.4

Denmark

Sweet, then I won't sell them with my P2V+

PS: Good point. Don't intend to use P2V+ props with the P3. I'm a bit worried about the risk of the ESC-braking being able to throw off a prop. Certainly plan to tighten the props a tad more than I was used to doing on the P2. A bit disconcerting that the props merely stick with friction. But I have to trust that DJI did its homework on implementing ESC-braking safely without the risk of throwing a prop.
2015-5-4
Use props
viperajb
New

United Kingdom

FantomDK Posted at 2015-5-5 13:05
Sweet, then I won't sell them with my P2V+

just to let people know i have a phantom 3 professional and the blades are nine and half inches long, the prop gaurds i bought for it clearly say they will fit and they dont, as i have found everywhere is saying they are nine inches long, why are the blades on phantom 3 different ?
2015-5-21
Use props
CapitAn
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

On this note, after hearing that P2 prop guards will fit the P3, l just read somewhere they're not recommended for use with the supplied screws as they are too long for the P3 and can bind the motors.
2015-5-21
Use props
FantomDK
lvl.4

Denmark

CapitAn Posted at 2015-5-21 20:43
On this note, after hearing that P2 prop guards will fit the P3, l just read somewhere they're not r ...

Yeah, that is confusing and worrying.

Tahoe_Ed from DJI said he flew at NAB with his P2-prop-guards on a P3 without problems.

I wonder if we could just put a washer in between the longer prop-guard-screws and the P3? Of if we can check - or maybe it is enough not to overtighten the longer prop-guard screws? It might be the case of a tiny tolerance...?

-
Buy your DJI Phantom 3, DJI-gear, extra DJI Batteries, DJI Hardshell Backpacks from the DJI Store by using this link - it'll help me out

2015-5-22
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI has recommended that you not use them right now.  The screws are too long and may damage the motors.
2015-5-22
Use props
FantomDK
lvl.4

Denmark

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-5-23 07:11
DJI has recommended that you not use them right now.  The screws are too long and may damage the mot ...

Thank you.

I understand thats the official opinion and that makes a lot of sense.

Nevetheless, I might very well be in a situation soon where I need them (likely will be filming the inside of a factory with workers and machinery). So I'm considering workarounds. Would there be a way to tell if they are too far into the motor-mount? Without risking destroying the motors, which I obviously would like to avoid

-
Buy your DJI-gear, extra DJI Batteries from the DJI Store by using this link - it'll help me out

2015-5-22
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

FantomDK Posted at 2015-5-23 07:43
Thank you.

I understand thats the official opinion and that makes a lot of sense.

Make sure that once you have inserted the screws that they do not contact the inside of the motor.  You can shorten the screws or use washers as an interim measure if you have an absolute need to use the guards prior to DJI having a solution for the P3.  Make sure if you do this that you install the threads between the guards.  
2015-5-22
Use props
Bbrannen
lvl.2
Flight distance : 35515 ft
  • >>>
United States

P2 props guards are exactly the same as P3 prop guards.  I measured them with a dial micrometer. Rest Easy and use them on your P3.
2016-5-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules