10167 157 2018-3-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
saviour
Second Officer
Flight distance : 604203 ft
Germany

fans4a0b1b27 Posted at 2018-5-2 22:59
I received a replacement unit from DJI that was manufactured on the same date as my first one and it had the same issue.  I've sent it back a second time.  Hopefully this one will fix it.  For  those of you who have this issue, DJI is replacing the units under warranty so that is hope.

Did you contact DJI for the replacement or the seller? And where are you from? How long did the replacement take? Do you have to send yours back and THEN they send you a new one (meaning you are left without a drone for a certain time) or do they ship you a new one?
2018-5-2
Use props
fans4a0b1b27
lvl.3
Flight distance : 314705 ft
  • >>>

saviour Posted at 2018-5-2 23:12
Did you contact DJI for the replacement or the seller? And where are you from? How long did the replacement take? Do you have to send yours back and THEN they send you a new one (meaning you are left without a drone for a certain time) or do they ship you a new one?

First I contacted my seller who sent me a new one which also had the issue.  They were both from the same initial batch so I'm assuming it is a manufacturing issue.  I then shipped one back to DJI to see if they could fix it as my seller was then out.  DJI was great, sent me a free shipping label and I had a new drone (not repaired) in about a week.

Just sent the third one off this weekend for another try.  Each time DJI agrees that there is an issue but it seems that they just send out a new drone which might or might not fix it.
2018-5-2
Use props
saviour
Second Officer
Germany

Alright, thanks for your reply. I will post some pictures later, so people here confirm I have the same issue, then I will contact DJI with the link to this thread.
We will see. I hope the issue is fixed with your next drone.
2018-5-2
Use props
saviour
Second Officer
Germany

Btw, do you have the same issue with videos or only with photos?
2018-5-2
Use props
fans4a0b1b27
lvl.3
  • >>>

saviour Posted at 2018-5-2 23:26
Alright, thanks for your reply. I will post some pictures later, so people here confirm I have the same issue, then I will contact DJI with the link to this thread.

Me too.  I'm not expecting it to be the quality of my Inspire2 but I do expect it to match the quality of my camera phone.
2018-5-2
Use props
ResteIsmael
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1170358 ft
United Arab Emirates

fans4a0b1b27 Posted at 2018-5-2 23:03
New Air arrived with the same issue, maybe slightly less but still there.  That one is on it's way back to DJI right now.  This is frustrating how many trips it needs to get it right.  At least DJI is paying for the freight.

So, what I should do is to contact the store where it was bought and have them ship the unit to DJI?
2018-5-3
Use props
ResteIsmael
lvl.2
United Arab Emirates

saviour Posted at 2018-5-2 23:30
Btw, do you have the same issue with videos or only with photos?

It's more apparent on videos. You can really see which part is blurred and out of focus...
2018-5-3
Use props
fans4a0b1b27
lvl.3
  • >>>

ResteIsmael Posted at 2018-5-3 03:34
It's more apparent on videos. You can really see which part is blurred and out of focus...

That makes sense, it is really frustrating because they could have made this such a perfect little drone.  I would have paid $200 more for one that focused like the MP does and had Occusync.  They were trying to keep the price down but instead they added two major issues that many are complaining about.
2018-5-3
Use props
joe_gadget
lvl.4

Australia

fans4a0b1b27 Posted at 2018-5-2 23:17
First I contacted my seller who sent me a new one which also had the issue.  They were both from the same initial batch so I'm assuming it is a manufacturing issue.  I then shipped one back to DJI to see if they could fix it as my seller was then out.  DJI was great, sent me a free shipping label and I had a new drone (not repaired) in about a week.

Just sent the third one off this weekend for another try.  Each time DJI agrees that there is an issue but it seems that they just send out a new drone which might or might not fix it.

What was the build date?
2018-5-3
Use props
fans4a0b1b27
lvl.3
  • >>>

joe_gadget Posted at 2018-5-3 16:50
What was the build date?

I don't have any of the three right now of course because I sent one back and the other two have been back to service but I believe it was 1/11/18
2018-5-4
Use props
joe_gadget
lvl.4

Australia

fans4a0b1b27 Posted at 2018-5-4 08:04
I don't have any of the three right now of course because I sent one back and the other two have been back to service but I believe it was 1/11/18

Damn, just received mine with a Jan build date too. Now I'll have to check for the same issue.
2018-5-4
Use props
ResteIsmael
lvl.2
United Arab Emirates

I already contacted the shop and they told me just bring the drone and they will send it to DJI. Now the waiting game begins... Can't DJI identify which units have this problem or at least the whole batch that is affected by this problem?
2018-5-6
Use props
ResteIsmael
lvl.2
United Arab Emirates

Is the SN same as the Build No.?
2018-5-7
Use props
ResteIsmael
lvl.2
United Arab Emirates

ResteIsmael Posted at 2018-5-7 00:21
Is the SN same as the Build No.?

2018-5-7
Use props
realstreetuk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7966 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi
My Numbers etc are the same as yours? what do they mean?
I dont think i have issues with my camera?
2018-5-7
Use props
ResteIsmael
lvl.2
United Arab Emirates

saviour Posted at 2018-5-2 23:26

Hi, did you get the 4th replacement of Mavic Air? I just sent mine today to the store and they will send it to DJI and they said just wait for DJI to contact me.
2018-5-8
Use props
Optimus Prime-Mavic Air
Second Officer
Flight distance : 568704 ft
Vietnam

Does it seem normal to you? With me like blurry from left side. I also have video here. https://www.dropbox.com/s/dhlx3gkz53p95vc/DJI_0114.MP4?dl=0&m= thank you very much
2018-5-8
Use props
Optimus Prime-Mavic Air
Second Officer
Vietnam

Optimus Prime-Mavic Air Posted at 2018-5-8 05:16
Does it seem normal to you? With me like blurry from left side. I also have video here. https://www.dropbox.com/s/dhlx3gkz53p95vc/DJI_0114.MP4?dl=0&m= thank you very much

I am sorry, i mean from half right side is blurry
2018-5-8
Use props
ResteIsmael
lvl.2
United Arab Emirates

Optimus Prime-Mavic Air Posted at 2018-5-8 05:20
I am sorry, i mean from half right side is blurry

Yes, this is the same issue as mine. Some part on the right side is blurry... I hope DJI will recognize that this is an issue and release an official statement about which batch of Mavic Air are affected. Nikon does this and they release a statement which SNs are affected...
2018-5-8
Use props
fans4a0b1b27
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-3-16 00:15
Thanks for keeping us updated. Nice to know you have figured this out timely. If you need any further assistance, feel free to contact us.

Hi Susan, with more and more people reporting this issue, I'm wondering why you have been quiet lately on this subject after being so engaged at first?  When I first posted this you were very helpful and followed up regularly but not at all lately.  I think people would really like to hear your thoughts.
2018-5-8
Use props
fans4a0b1b27
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

fans1b839f0c Posted at 2018-3-30 19:18
So why wouldn't you shoot in raw and do all your sharpening is post processing?

The issue has nothing to do with RAW or JPG processing.  It is a mechanical problem with the lens and/or sensor.
2018-5-8
Use props
fans4a0b1b27
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

realstreetuk Posted at 2018-5-7 00:45
Hi

The build data is visible in the software, not on the drone itself.  I don't remember exactly where right now as I don't have my Mavic air but that is where you find it.
2018-5-8
Use props
fans4a0b1b27
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

ResteIsmael Posted at 2018-5-8 03:19
Hi, did you get the 4th replacement of Mavic Air? I just sent mine today to the store and they will send it to DJI and they said just wait for DJI to contact me.

Not yet, they just received it today I think.  Last time it was very fast replacement.
2018-5-8
Use props
fans4a0b1b27
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

realstreetuk Posted at 2018-5-7 00:45
Hi

You would know if you have the issue.  There would be an out of focus area on the upper right third of the image.
2018-5-8
Use props
Jack Beans
lvl.2

United States

fans4a0b1b27 Posted at 2018-5-8 08:47
The build data is visible in the software, not on the drone itself.  I don't remember exactly where right now as I don't have my Mavic air but that is where you find it.

So the build date is in the DJI app we used to fly the drone?
2018-5-8
Use props
Optimus Prime-Mavic Air
Second Officer
Vietnam

So sad. Mine is unofficially sell here in Vietnam. May be i have to live with it. Good luck for replacement guys. I will think twice later if want to buy something. May be i have to buy whole gimbal with camera replacement from ebay and pray for the best.
2018-5-8
Use props
Samphoto
lvl.3
  • >>>

Jack Beans Posted at 2018-5-8 09:01
So the build date is in the DJI app we used to fly the drone?

Yes, that is where I saw it but I don't remember exactly the steps to find it but I think it was in the area where I registered it.
2018-5-8
Use props
Jack Beans
lvl.2

United States

I've just checked my DJI Go 4 app and it does not have a build date/production date for the aircraft anywhere.  However, in the battery info section there is a production date there.  I don't think this is the build date of the aircraft.  It is the build date of the battery.  The battery has its own serial # info there too.
Steps to go there:

1. General Settings
2. Aircraft Battery
3. Details
4. Current Status: Normal
   Times Charged: 11
   SN:                  OK4AF2PA34094Y
   Production Date: 2018.2.21
2018-5-8
Use props
Samphoto
lvl.3
  • >>>

Jack Beans Posted at 2018-5-8 09:18
I've just checked my DJI Go 4 app and it does not have a build date/production date for the aircraft anywhere.  However, in the battery info section there is a production date there.  I don't think this is the build date of the aircraft.  It is the build date of the battery.  The battery has its own serial # info there too.
Steps to go there:

Strange, I know I saw it somewhere in there.  Sorry I can't remember and I have no way to check at the moment.  I did just get a note from DJI saying they have completed their assessment so I should have it back soon.
2018-5-8
Use props
Jack Beans
lvl.2

I bought my red Mavic Air back in March off e-bay from a reseller from Philidelphia, PA.  It's too late to return it to the seller but I'm wondering if I can contact DJI about mine too.  I've always wonder why my videos were not as sharp as the videos I saw on Youtube.   My videos seem a bit fuzzy, almost like it's slightly out of focus.
2018-5-8
Use props
Samphoto
lvl.3
  • >>>

Jack Beans Posted at 2018-5-8 09:41
I bought my red Mavic Air back in March off e-bay from a reseller from Philidelphia, PA.  It's too late to return it to the seller but I'm wondering if I can contact DJI about mine too.  I've always wonder why my videos were not as sharp as the videos I saw on Youtube.   My videos seem a bit fuzzy, almost like it's slightly out of focus.

Service has been great, I didn't even do a chat this last time, I just filled out the service request form and they right away sent me a shipping label.  They must know there is an issue and just have people send it in.  Not sure about your ebay purchase and warranty though.  
2018-5-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans4a0b1b27 Posted at 2018-5-8 08:34
Hi Susan, with more and more people reporting this issue, I'm wondering why you have been quiet lately on this subject after being so engaged at first?  When I first posted this you were very helpful and followed up regularly but not at all lately.  I think people would really like to hear your thoughts.

Sorry for the late response. Would you mind uploading some samples of the latest replacements? Our engineers are trying to locate the exact cause, and we appreciate your support and understanding.
2018-5-9
Use props
Samphoto
lvl.3
  • >>>

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-5-9 23:06
Sorry for the late response. Would you mind uploading some samples of the latest replacements? Our engineers are trying to locate the exact cause, and we appreciate your support and understanding.

I got a note today that they have shipped my Air back tested and repaired.  I sure hope this time they got it right.  Do you still want image examples?
2018-5-10
Use props
Optimus Prime-Mavic Air
Second Officer
Vietnam

Dear DJI Susan, how about my case?
2018-5-10
Use props
FahedC
lvl.2
Flight distance : 16818 ft
Germany

I sold my Spark a few months ago to get the MA but i wanted to wait a few months to this the errors of the MA ,too good to be true. Ill have to think about it now if get the MA or MP. Is weird i dont see this problem at all in youtube. What all this youtubers for review do. I wish everyone can get a good drone.
2018-5-13
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Samphoto Posted at 2018-5-10 17:52
I got a note today that they have shipped my Air back tested and repaired.  I sure hope this time they got it right.  Do you still want image examples?

Yes, we still need these samples for further analysis. Appreciate your time.
2018-5-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Optimus Prime-Mavic Air Posted at 2018-5-10 20:13
Dear DJI Susan, how about my case?

Sorry for the late response. I've read your post and responded as well: https://forum.dji.com/thread-147786-1-1.html We'll keep follow up in your own post.
2018-5-14
Use props
Optimus Prime-Mavic Air
Second Officer
Vietnam

Samphoto Posted at 2018-5-10 17:52

How about your case? Did new MA get better footage?
2018-5-15
Use props
Deuvertje
lvl.1
Flight distance : 121004 ft
Netherlands

I have the same problem with the camera. What can i do to fix it because it has been a long time with this issue.
2018-5-17
Use props
Optimus Prime-Mavic Air
Second Officer
Vietnam

Deuvertje Posted at 2018-5-17 04:05
I have the same problem with the camera. What can i do to fix it because it has been a long time with this issue.

If you have warranty then send back for repair, if not, may be whole new gimbal camera pack should be replaced. You can find one on eBay.
2018-5-17
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules