my spark fell out of the air!
1139 10 2018-3-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_v7qOPNk6WVFK
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7694 ft
United Kingdom

As a drone enthusiast and using the dji spark for hobby use/pleasure, I suggested to my friend who is a photographer by proffesion that we would go to take some pictures of the latest flooding in York. When hovering the aircraft at around 25 metres for just a moment to adjust gimbal settings, the drone dropped at speed, faster than it could travel if controlled into the water with no explanation. The failing on the obstacles sensors has also baffled me. A pre flight check was carried out, all propellers were intact, battery on 98% and unit completely dry and safe for flight. The drone is fully submerged and nowhere to be found.

I am absolutely gutted! I have e mailed the above to DJI. But it's just not okay that this has happened!
2018-3-14
Use props
mattinhk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 54888 ft
Hong Kong

Aaahhhh I feel that frustration. I had a similar experience, mine dropped uncontrollably but was quick enough to turn to sports mode and to gain more manual control. I made a mistake by flying without flight precheck on sensor state and i realized i was flying it next to a giant brass buddah. I would've been great if you find your unit so you can send it over to DJI.
2018-3-14
Use props
Kloo Gee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you would like some community feedback on what may have happened, try uploading your FlightRecord log from your phone/tablet to the following site and then post the resulting URL here in this thread.

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
While you are at it, DJI will likely want the same log file, so you may want to be proactive and upload it to something like Dropbox or Google Drive and provide the link for them to download it.  Doing so will likely save an extra email (and time) communication with them.
2018-3-14
Use props
djiuser_v7qOPNk6WVFK
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Kloo Gee Posted at 2018-3-14 04:43
If you would like some community feedback on what may have happened, try uploading your FlightRecord log from your phone/tablet to the following site and then post the resulting URL here in this thread.

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

Thanks very much for your help.

I am now in contact with DJI and have provided my flight record.

It is baffling. I hope it can figured out what went wrong.
2018-3-14
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

djiuser_v7qOPNk6WVFK Posted at 2018-3-14 04:57
Thanks very much for your help.

I am now in contact with DJI and have provided my flight record.

Hope it will be solved soon. Please contact us if you need help.
2018-3-14
Use props
andwluv
lvl.4
Flight distance : 167241 ft
Malaysia

Sadden to hear your loss. I noted that you mention hover over an flooded area. In my encounter it some time drop when hovering over liquid surface, but only around 10 feet / 3m height. In your situations at 25m sure what to know what’s happen.
2018-3-14
Use props
marcopolo_101
lvl.1
Flight distance : 67664 ft
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-3-14 19:38
Hope it will be solved soon. Please contact us if you need help.

This exact same thing happened to me and its been over 2 weeks since ive heard from DJI Support. Im extremely disappointed  
2018-3-15
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

marcopolo_101 Posted at 2018-3-15 02:31
This exact same thing happened to me and its been over 2 weeks since ive heard from DJI Support. Im extremely disappointed

I am sorry about that. Please give me your case number for further check.
2018-3-15
Use props
marcopolo_101
lvl.1
Flight distance : 67664 ft
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-3-15 02:46

Hi Elektra, it is [CAS-1388566-H2D6B4] CRM:0531000006957. I would greatly appreciate it if you could help me
2018-3-15
Use props
djiuser_v7qOPNk6WVFK
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Oh dear!

Well I hope that DJI will not leave me waiting for this long?

I need to organise a replacement drone before 1st April when I travel to Finland.

Elektra, I hope that I won't be kept waiting for this long?

CAS-1566664-C7K5L4
2018-3-16
Use props
djiuser_v7qOPNk6WVFK
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Oh dear!

Well I hope that DJI will not leave me waiting for this long?

I need to organise a replacement drone before 1st April when I travel to Finland.

Elektra, I hope that I won't be kept waiting for this long?

CAS-1566664-C7K5L4
2018-3-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules