1050 10 2018-3-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Franco64
lvl.4
Flight distance : 542103 ft
Italy

Hi,

today I have a little accident with my MA, without any damage: I've used the "precision takeoff" function, not thinking that there are brances of a tree above it.

I was impressed with the little time my MA needs to return stable. Wonderful!

Also the propellers are ok.

2018-3-14
Use props
PedalingDuo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 31896 ft
United States

Impressive stability.  Glad that there was no damage.

Did you have propeller guards or not?
2018-3-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Lucky MA did well, but flight envoirment should be the first thing on your preflight check even if you got away with that, if your aircraft went into RTH it would have great difficulty landing at that homepoint.
2018-3-14
Use props
Franco64
lvl.4
Flight distance : 542103 ft
Italy

Yes, I have propeller guards in.

And I think that I have learned the lesson
2018-3-14
Use props
Dorset_Horn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 93379 ft
United Kingdom

One of your shortest flights, I would think!
It is all helpful information to everyone. Grazie.
2018-3-14
Use props
Sea Parrot
lvl.3
Flight distance : 89154 ft
United Kingdom

The difference in initial height from a normal takeoff and a precision takeoff is something I noticed when reading the manual and it's something I make a point of thinking about when I'm deciding which takeoff to perform.

BTW I use the word "height" instead of "altitude" - because height is the distance above ground, altitude is the distance above sea level. The DJI documentation is very poor in that it confuses these two terms. It consistently uses the word "altitude" completely, utterly and totally incorrectly.

I used to be a "real aircraft pilot"; the confusion between altitude and height has caused many crashes and deaths - including a friend of mine
2018-3-14
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Thank you for sharing, this can be a good lesson for all beginners! And I am happy that all ended well for your MA and you :-)
2018-3-14
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wow close call. Impressive recovery.
2018-3-14
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Good to know that there was no damage from the accident. Please do an overall check of the drone and ensure that all is in good condition. And always note to pay attention to the environment around, avoid the possibility of a crash.
2018-3-18
Use props
Simmo1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1624 ft
Australia

Sea Parrot Posted at 2018-3-14 15:03
The difference in initial height from a normal takeoff and a precision takeoff is something I noticed when reading the manual and it's something I make a point of thinking about when I'm deciding which takeoff to perform.

BTW I use the word "height" instead of "altitude" - because height is the distance above ground, altitude is the distance above sea level. The DJI documentation is very poor in that it confuses these two terms. It consistently uses the word "altitude" completely, utterly and totally incorrectly.

2018-3-18
Use props
m1shootr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 118894 ft
United States

I would replace the props. I believe I may have thrown a prop due to an event just like this. Cheap insurance.
2018-3-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules