Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mattansagi
lvl.1

Spain

Hello,
I have phantom 2 vision + v3.0 .
im flying on Phantom mode.
when the drone is away about 100m it lose the signal of the controller, does someone knows why? all equipment is full charged.

Thanks
Matt
2015-5-5
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Is your antenna pointed directly at the Phantom or horizontal pointed to the side?  The strongest signal comes from the side.
2015-5-5
Use props
mattansagi
lvl.1

Spain

it is on the side
2015-5-5
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

Are you well out in the open with direct line of sight when you lose control at 100M ?
2015-5-5
Use props
johnk456
lvl.2

United States

be careful, that is when mine fell from the sky and destroyed on my cement drive way.  I was hovering at about 60 feet, 6 sats in gps mode, got the "lost phantom" on phone and BAM, 6- 8 weeks in repair, same drone, v3.
2015-5-5
Use props
mattansagi
lvl.1

Spain

Yes I can see it ...
2015-5-6
Use props
mattansagi
lvl.1

Spain

Help!!!!
Please
2015-5-6
Use props
crash1sttime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

Do you have the conttroller that has the gimbal wheel on the corner or the standard one that doesnt have it.

Is this a new quad or second hand

are you flying in an open space or are there trees/buildings etc where you are stood
2015-5-6
Use props
mattansagi
lvl.1

Spain

I bought it from a neighbor that is a pro with flying drones , he said he never crashed it and he have the recite that prove that he bought it two weeks before I bought it from him , it's that he want the phantom 3 .
It is the controller with the gimbal wheel ...
I was flying it in open space ( mountains )
Thank you very much
Matt
2015-5-6
Use props
crash1sttime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

mattansagi@gmai Posted at 2015-5-7 01:34
I bought it from a neighbor that is a pro with flying drones , he said he never crashed it and he ha ...

If there is a receipt for the quad then I would suggest, assuming you have followed all the instructions that DJI supply that you take it back to the seller so they can have a look at it, it may be that the TX is faulty or there is something wrong with the quad itself,

If the guy who sold it to you is an expert then ask him for suggestions
2015-5-6
Use props
acenothing
lvl.4
Flight distance : 112185 ft
United States

Where do you fly.  In large metro areas, like Los Angeles, where every you are there are 25 to 50 home routers and other wi-fi signals trying to interfere.  You will notice ALL the guys that fly several thousand feet away are in N. Dakota or somewhere not near anyone else.

I too had similar problems and sadly I had to upgrade my antenna on my controller.  Now I can easily get 1,000 or so without losing signal.
2015-5-6
Use props
subliminal
New

Australia

acenothing Posted at 2015-5-7 07:44
Where do you fly.  In large metro areas, like Los Angeles, where every you are there are 25 to 50 ho ...

Seems to been a common issue with the new controller and 3.12 firmware. Mine did not crash, i just lost connection at about 20 meters away from me, then the next flight attempt it was about 10 meters away from me and then about 1 meter away from me. On each loss, it did the return-to-home procedure.
I took it home and plugged it into the assistant to check everything. Was prompted to update to 3.12. I did and the RC and MC would no linger link!

Seems to be a firmware issue to me as the guy at the shop tried to link a brand new controller and it would not link either.

Only had if for less than 1 week and those flights were the first 3.
2015-5-6
Use props
mattansagi
lvl.1

Spain

acenothing Posted at 2015-5-7 07:44
Where do you fly.  In large metro areas, like Los Angeles, where every you are there are 25 to 50 ho ...

How can I upgrade the antenna ?
2015-5-7
Use props
mattansagi
lvl.1

Spain

subliminal Posted at 2015-5-7 10:48
Seems to been a common issue with the new controller and 3.12 firmware. Mine did not crash, i just  ...

????????????????????
2015-5-7
Use props
BWJ
Second Officer

Denmark

What mode is remote in ?
2015-5-7
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

What you are describing seems to me an antenna issue. If everything works fine close up and as you get distance between your RC and the quad and you loose signal at 300 ft and no obstructions then I would check all my antenna connection if you have the techie in you to find and trace the in the quad and the Remote. if all connections are tight then it would be support time if your under warranty. If you warranty is out you might find another pilot close to you that would bind your RC to his a test it. That way you will know if the problem is in the RC or in the quad.  
2015-5-7
Use props
acenothing
lvl.4
Flight distance : 112185 ft
United States

Yeah I did not understand this post either.  100 meters, then 10 meters and 1 meter.  WOW
2015-5-8
Use props
joeazar619
New

United States

subliminal Posted at 2015-5-7 10:48
Seems to been a common issue with the new controller and 3.12 firmware. Mine did not crash, i just  ...

Has a fix beed discovered for this?
i lost control of at 1000' then 100' then 10'  all times it returned home safely.  It wouldnt let me regain control.
2015-5-13
Use props
davidw1963
lvl.2

United States

joeazar619@gmai Posted at 2015-5-14 14:33
i lost control of at 1000' then 100' then 10'  all times it ret ...

If you flip the s1 (RH) switch to middle and back up it will give you control back. Lets you bypass go home mode. but next time it looses signal it will do same thing. Just flip the switch f you want control back. Do this only if you can see the quad.
2015-5-14
Use props
joeazar619
New

United States

davidw1963@att. Posted at 2015-5-14 19:06
If you flip the s1 (RH) switch to middle and back up it will give you control back. Lets you bypas ...

That didnt work for me for more then a second or 2 at a time.

My main concern is flying it again.  Firmware says all is updated and i have flew in this exact same spot dozens of times. Why would it lose signal at 10' right after take off?  I changed batteries after the first rth and same problem.

2015-5-14
Use props
Numpty clive
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I have the same controller and loose signal at about 100 feet also, I've even done an Antenna mod hoping that would solve it but no it still remains. All I want to do is sort it out so I can get some goggles and do some long flights
2015-5-14
Use props
joeazar619
New

United States

I was going over everything on my rig today.  Removed  "flysight" antenna and noticed inside the female end of the tx  connector the little wire is missing.  Obviously not a good thing.   Im going to replace and report back .  Cant test out until all this rain stops.  Hopefully its this simple and i didnt fry anything.
2015-5-15
Use props
joeazar619
New

United States

joeazar619@gmai Posted at 2015-5-16 03:48
I was going over everything on my rig today.  Removed  "flysight" antenna and noticed inside the fem ...

On second thought i didnt think it through.  That antenna is for the FPV...
2015-5-15
Use props
joeazar619
New

United States

joeazar619@gmai Posted at 2015-5-14 14:33
i lost control of at 1000' then 100' then 10'  all times it ret ...

My issue turned out to be a non functioning battery indicator.
Shows 4 green lights regardless of charge.  Worse than no indicator at all.
2015-5-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules