To sell or not to sell
785 17 2018-3-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
m1shootr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 118894 ft
United States

I'm tempted to sell the P4P before an updated version emerges. I've had it since it was introduced and I'm thinking it may be wise to stay ahead of the power curve financially. It's a great machine and I've had no problems with it. Any suggestions? I have the Mavic Air to tide me over until DJI springs another irresistable UAV upon us.
2018-3-14
Use props
Brian88
lvl.3
Flight distance : 385942 ft
United States

It sounds like the P4P isn't a money maker for you. If you are willing to give it up and wait for these rumors to come to fruition, do what makes you happy. If I were to bet, I'd say it wouldn't be worth the upgrade, unless your business absolutely depended on it. But again it sounds like it's a hobby not a business for you. I doubt you would get any more money for it now than if you put if for sale the day an update is announced. That is usually when you see people who use these tools to support their business put them up for sale.
2018-3-14
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

It's always nice to have a backup for your most used drone.

If you crash, inevitably, you won't have any down time.

If you crash them both, well then perhaps yes, it's time to sell. Haha

RedHotPoker
2018-3-14
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Brian88 Posted at 2018-3-14 15:16
It sounds like the P4P isn't a money maker for you. If you are willing to give it up and wait for these rumors to come to fruition, do what makes you happy. If I were to bet, I'd say it wouldn't be worth the upgrade, unless your business absolutely depended on it. But again it sounds like it's a hobby not a business for you. I doubt you would get any more money for it now than if you put if for sale the day an update is announced. That is usually when you see people who use these tools to support their business put them up for sale.

What are you mostly flying?

How many drones do you own?

RedHotPoker
2018-3-14
Use props
Brian88
lvl.3
Flight distance : 385942 ft
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2018-3-14 15:22
What are you mostly flying?

How many drones do you own?

I just sold my Mavic in favor of the P4P. This is currently the only drone I own. I am FAA certified, but this is more of a hobby than a profession for me at the moment. But If it was a profession, definitely 2 of everything. Always have a backup.
2018-3-14
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Brian88 Posted at 2018-3-14 15:30
I just sold my Mavic in favor of the P4P. This is currently the only drone I own. I am FAA certified, but this is more of a hobby than a profession for me at the moment. But If it was a profession, definitely 2 of everything. Always have a backup.

So you want to have some expendable cash in reserve for the eventual release of the next drone.

I'm keenly interested in seeing what new features and abilities the next DJI drone will contain.

RedHotPoker
2018-3-14
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

Yeah, I have a P3Adv that sits in my closet as a backup to my Mavic Pro.  If you can afford it, I'd keep the Phantom.
2018-3-14
Use props
duke123
lvl.3
Flight distance : 78930 ft
United States

Sell, I just sold mine but still have my Mavic, i crashed my Go Pro Karma about 2 weeks ago the battery came out and it fell to its death but the good news State Farm sent me a check and then cancelled my policy and from what i was told from State Farm they are going to stop writing policy on drones costing them to much money.
2018-3-14
Use props
m1shootr
lvl.4
United States

I am part 107 rated but it has netted me $0 as I have not really gone after business except a couple ads in a monthly paper. Therefore I fly as a hobby mostly. I like having the 107 as a sign of some competence. My thought is that if I sell the P4P now while resale values are highest and wait for the upgrade I will have the newest model that is under warranty. My warranty on the P4P has expired already.
2018-3-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Thanks for your attention, we will release on our website as long as more new products are available.
2018-3-14
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

You ever know when something new will arrive.
2018-3-14
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

If you do decide to sell please let us know im sure there are many on here that would be interested in purchasing another drone if the price is right.
2018-3-15
Use props
m1shootr
lvl.4
United States

Hellsgate Posted at 2018-3-15 03:05
If you do decide to sell please let us know im sure there are many on here that would be interested in purchasing another drone if the price is right.

Will do. I would rather give the savings to someone on here than to Ebay. I'm not sure what the price should be. Is there a "for sale" section here?
2018-3-15
Use props
SM-17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 179288 ft
Malta

@m1shootr

If you agree to be part of the new dji beta testers for another year or more, then sell
2018-3-15
Use props
sidtx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 266729 ft
United States

2 drones are better than 1!

Twice (or more) the flying time.

Backup for when your primary is down.

You can never have too many toys!

Sid
2018-3-15
Use props
m1shootr
lvl.4
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2018-3-14 15:37
So you want to have some expendable cash in reserve for the eventual release of the next drone.

I'm keenly interested in seeing what new features and abilities the next DJI drone will contain.

I'm interested too RHP.
2018-3-15
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I would keep it - the P4P is an excellent drone but it all depends on your needs.
2018-3-15
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

m1shootr Posted at 2018-3-15 07:27
I'm interested too RHP.

Each new drone, brings a few of its own interesting innovations. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2018-3-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules