NOT in the Box
1734 20 2015-5-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gata
New

United States

Received 'the' box today.
I didn't anticipate the much coveted backpack so many were curious about. Although, I had ordered directly from dji & thus expected the order to be complete.
Well no, infact the paid Xtra battery was non existant. Really? Am I to believe this will be shipped later? I have emailed support on this. More later.....

Someone in China is laughing.
2015-5-5
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

You should have received an email from DJI.  They have stated that the battery will ship mid-May when they are available.
2015-5-5
Use props
gboivin
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1544416 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-5-6 04:35
You should have received an email from DJI.  They have stated that the battery will ship mid-May whe ...

Order # 001115491313 Same here. Packing slip shows P-3 pro. w/Battery. No Battery in box, no note saying shipping separate , no email on subject. I emailed sales and awaiting email to confirm.
2015-5-5
Use props
me
lvl.2

United Kingdom

The bottom of this page: http://www.dji.com/info/news/24- ... pport-dji-phantom-3 says orders with extra battery, the battery will be shipped mid May...
2015-5-5
Use props
gboivin
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1544416 ft
  • >>>
United States

me@nickgage.co. Posted at 2015-5-6 04:43
The bottom of this page: http://www.dji.com/info/news/24-hour-technical-support-dji-phantom-3 says o ...

Nice catch "Me"!
2015-5-5
Use props
me
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Thanks... How do you change your user name. Buggered if I can find how to...
2015-5-5
Use props
Rothgarr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 470663 ft
United States

I also never received the follow-up email about the delayed battery shipment -- I only got the original email saying that my order had shipped.
2015-5-5
Use props
Gata
New

United States

Rothgarr Posted at 2015-5-6 04:57
I also never received the follow-up email about the delayed battery shipment -- I only got the origi ...

So.. R U saying the spare/xtra battery was to NEVER be sent with the unit purchased? And it will be sent in their own time frame?
There was never any indication that we buying the p3p w/xtra battery would have to wait further for production to catch up with the orders.

Have you received that battery? How long was it between your p3p delivery & the spare delivery? OR have you even received it??  Cheers
2015-5-5
Use props
Rothgarr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 470663 ft
United States

Gata Posted at 2015-5-6 05:07
So.. R U saying the spare/xtra battery was to NEVER be sent with the unit purchased? And it will b ...

When I preordered I expected the extra battery to come with the Phantom, based on the estimated delivery timeframe. So I was surprised when I got an email that mine had shipped (and I have it).

I do NOT have the extra battery, I expect that will ship some time in mid-May? I read online that it will be shipped separately, but it would be nice to have gotten that email confirming it like other people did.
2015-5-5
Use props
cascadeflyer
lvl.2

United States

No one has gotten extra battery yet. No matter where they ordered from.
2015-5-5
Use props
Skipholiday
lvl.1

United States

[size=19.6000003814697px]I read at Phantom pilots about the battery delay. No big deal..
2015-5-5
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

me@nickgage.co. Posted at 2015-5-6 04:54
Thanks... How do you change your user name. Buggered if I can find how to...

To change your username go into the DJI account profile here.
2015-5-5
Use props
quadcopterguide
Second Officer
Flight distance : 828904 ft
  • >>>
Germany

At least you guys got the chance to order with extra battery. When i placed my order the option wasn't even available. Hours later i heard about another option..
2015-5-5
Use props
Gata
New

United States

Rothgarr Posted at 2015-5-6 05:23
When I preordered I expected the extra battery to come with the Phantom, based on the estimated de ...

Thank you.

Thinking there are a lot of negatives being posted.
dji would benefit from many more positives.
I've lost my enthusiasm for dji. Looking at the alternatives.

Anyone want to buy a p3p? Not flown. Can overnight it.
2015-5-5
Use props
Maui Digital Dr
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2671102 ft
United States

Check it out........ I have listened to and read enough of these subjects about the Phantom 3 and the excuses, the finger pointing and the name calling of people who have paid for "their product" and still..... Cannot fly due to IOS App or what ever the newest MALARKEY that is being spread about like cheap fertilizer. I've read things from guys like "Tahoe_Ed" who are doing their best to quell the impatience of others who are frustrated and angry with a company whose promises are falling shorter by the minute. I applaud you Tahoe_Ed and thank you for the insights you have to offer. The fact is,  folks who ordered the P3 Pro w/xtra battery are now finding out that not only were they put at the back of the line behind those who ordered the regular P3 Pro..... They are NOT going to receive a back pack,  and your xtra battery until Mid- MAY,  surely we shouldn't be too surprised....... more MALARKEY. I have been flying R/C for over 20 yrs and NEVER seen such a Circus with a product roll out. Don't call people who are frustrated impatient, short tempered, or whiners, they shelled out their HARD EARNED MONEY and have been played like a hand of Three Card Monte..... Just how much money has DJI made on the interest for the products that have not or will not be delivered on time as promised. We are not suckers, we are your customers and we deserve updates, fair business practices and the truth.  Do the right thing DJI, make a press release with the proper apologies to your clients, include updates and most importantly correct your wrongs and give people a reason to trust you again.......
2015-5-5
Use props
s_nyky.yahoo
lvl.2

Canada

Can anyone tell me how to connect the controller for the phantom 3 to my iPad? The usb cord that comes in the box is not for an iPad. Surprised I haven't seen people griping about this, or am I missing something?
2015-5-5
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

s_nyky.yahoo Posted at 2015-5-6 09:36
Can anyone tell me how to connect the controller for the phantom 3 to my iPad? The usb cord that com ...

Use your charging, lightening, cable to connect.  However right now the iOS version of the App is not available.  It will be soon.
2015-5-5
Use props
s_nyky.yahoo
lvl.2

Canada

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-5-6 10:15
Use your charging, lightening, cable to connect.  However right now the iOS version of the App is  ...

Thanks Ed!! Why didn't I think of that!! Keep up the good work, I know there has been a lot of negativity around here, but those with patience will hopefully be rewarded!!
2015-5-5
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

s_nyky.yahoo Posted at 2015-5-6 10:32
Thanks Ed!! Why didn't I think of that!! Keep up the good work, I know there has been a lot of neg ...

We are getting there.  It will take some time.  
2015-5-5
Use props
todd
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1063389 ft
  • >>>
United States

Maui Digital Dr Posted at 2015-5-6 07:30
Check it out........ I have listened to and read enough of these subjects about the Phantom 3 and th ...

On the other hand... who makes a UAV with the Phantom features for the same price? Did anyone _not_ expect their to be some issues with a brand new product and pre-ordering? I'll give you that the iOS screw up is pretty dumb but the batteries will be sent in a few weeks. Until then, just look at it this way... DJI could have made you wait for another 3 weeks for the entire package or let you fly for while in the mean time.
2015-5-5
Use props
kv4ep
New

United States

todd@copelandho Posted at 2015-5-6 11:48
On the other hand... who makes a UAV with the Phantom features for the same price? Did anyone _not ...

Good point. I actually don’t have a problem waiting until mid-May; it was just opening the box and seeing on the packing slip for items shipped; Phantom 3 Professional with Extra Battery, and there wasn't an extra battery in the box.
I double checked and the only thing the email said is that the order will be shipped in mid-May.
So for me it was just the not knowing.

Thanks to “me” for pointing out the info on the technical support page.
2015-5-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules