Mavic Air short range
3478 8 2018-3-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Danilo Claros
lvl.1

United States

I just bought the Mavic Air and I was trying to get really nice shots from my nearest lake, but it seems like my Mavic Air won't go any further than 420 ft. I don't know if the problem is just high interference or my mavic air is defetive.

Any suggestion is welcome
Thanks

2018-3-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I don’t think it’s a problem with the aircraft, many are very happy with range, have you tried both 2.4ghz and 5.8ghz, also flying in airplane mode should help.
You also can’t expect top range in urban built up areas, but certainly I believe in these areas you should be able to get 500 metres as a minimum, always make sure antenna feet are correctly folded down and RC sticks are in the best position to be receiving signal.
2018-3-15
Use props
Danilo Claros
lvl.1

United States

Yeah I've tried in 2.4ghz and 5.8ghz, but like I said I just bought my MA, so this was my first flight. I will try in a rural area and I will let you know the results
2018-3-15
Use props
Mr. Information
lvl.3

Philippines

Sir you need to try your mavic on different locations if you experience only one location it means there is an interferance on that area
2018-3-15
Use props
Titanshield
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2125571 ft
  • >>>
United States

I get similar results at work.  Its alot of obstructions and wifi to contend with though.
2018-3-15
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Yes, please do note that environment is significant to the flight distance, if there are obstacles and interference around, the range might not be too far.
So please try to fly in another open wide area, make sure that the antennas are unfolded on the drone, and the RC antennas are pointed correctly to the drone.
You can also check and select a channel with good quality, you can change the channel on the WiFi settings.
Of course, make sure the firmware is updated, or at least keep the RC and AC in the consistency firmware version.
See if it changes.
2018-3-15
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
Flight distance : 816158 ft
United States

You bought a piece of crap. That is the deal here. Mavic Air is a joke.
2018-3-16
Use props
Griffith
Second Officer
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

Bulldog Posted at 2018-3-16 05:04
You bought a piece of crap. That is the deal here. Mavic Air is a joke.

The Air is what the Spark should have been. Really not a bad bird for it's target market. But my eyes are on the Mavic 2.
2018-3-16
Use props
verizon28
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1444190 ft
United States

Check your settings to make sure you're out of Beginner Mode and make sure you don't have any distance limits sent. The Air is an amazing drone so it's funny to hear comments from those who don't actually own one. Many Pro users haven't used their Pro since the Air came out. Better gimbal design, better video, better in wind.
2018-3-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules