1602 11 2018-3-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jmspaggi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 206230 ft
Canada

Hi,

I have a Mavic pro for few months. Everything works well. Using the remote control and the phone, I have upgraded the firmware multiple times.

Now, today, I want to try it on WiFi mode. To be safe, I start it inside first, so I can upgrade firmware if required, etc. Starting in this mode, it asks me for an upgrade to 01.04.0300. It doesn't ask when I start on the 2.4 mode. Trying to apply this update, it fails. It tries to download it at after some time shows me a "Unpadte failed. Collect error info and to report to DJI Support?" popup. I tried multiple times. Batteries are at 75%. When one got under 50% I got the alert so changed to another battery. I don't think batteries are the issue.

I tries with and without the SD card.

Any idea why and how to fix that?

Thanks.

2018-3-15
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

I'd suggest you do it with DJI Assistant: https://www.dji.com/mavic-air/info#downloads
When finished you should check again on each of your batteries, they might need to be updated as well.
2018-3-15
Use props
jmspaggi
lvl.2
Canada

Hi Wachtberger,

I have only Linux laptops I tried to run the assistant on a VM but it doesn't detect the USB. Any other alternative that doesn't require me to buy a new laptop?

Thanks.
2018-3-15
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

jmspaggi Posted at 2018-3-15 09:36
Hi Wachtberger,

I have only Linux laptops  I tried to run the assistant on a VM but it doesn't detect the USB. Any other alternative that doesn't require me to buy a new laptop?

Maybe a neighbor or friend with either Windows or a Mac?
2018-3-15
Use props
jmspaggi
lvl.2
Canada

Might be my only option :-/ I need to calibrate the gimble too. So I will post an ad "Looking for new friends for a windows laptop" ;) I will give assistant a try and report here. Thanks.
2018-3-15
Use props
Lobstah Mobstah
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1218379 ft
United States

I've had that problem a few times.  Make sure that you're close to the wi-fi source and have the controller at least 15 feet away from the Mavic Pro.  I still get failures, but once I moved the two apart some distance, it made a huge difference.
2018-3-15
Use props
jmspaggi
lvl.2
Canada

I'm connected on the Mavic Wifi, so no need to be close to my home wifi, no? Or should I find a way to connect to the 2? I will give it few other tries... Until I get access to another computer. Thanks
2018-3-15
Use props
Mr. Information
lvl.3

Philippines

Are you using  DJI GO 4 to update the firmware? If it fails try uninstalling the app then reinstall
2018-3-15
Use props
jmspaggi
lvl.2
Canada

Yes, I tried to use DJI GO 4 for that. I got access to a laptop. What's very interesting is that Firmware is already 01.04.0300. Assistant proposed me to re-install, which I did, but still Wifi asks me to upgrade the firmware to 01.04.0300. The RC mode does not. That's very strange.
2018-3-15
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

jmspaggi Posted at 2018-3-15 11:56
Yes, I tried to use DJI GO 4 for that. I got access to a laptop. What's very interesting is that Firmware is already 01.04.0300. Assistant proposed me to re-install, which I did, but still Wifi asks me to upgrade the firmware to 01.04.0300. The RC mode does not. That's very strange.

Please connect your RC to the DJI GO 4 or DJI Assistant 2 and see if there is a need to update. Once the update succeeds, please connect all together and check the aircraft status on the app. If all is normal, then no worries.
2018-3-15
Use props
jmspaggi
lvl.2
Canada

Connecting the RC to the laptop using USB is not detected by DJI Assistant 2. With or without being connected to the drone.
Connecting the RC alone to DJI GO 4 doesn't give me any option to upgrade the firmware. The "AirCraft Status" page, shows "Latest Firmware", probably from the cached information.
Starting the drone, the RC connects to it, and from DJI GO 4 it still say "Latest Firmware". I know the aircraft is connected because I now get video and the compass calibration error (Normal, inside).
Stopping aircraft and RC, moving Aircraft to WiFi Switch, keeping DJI GO 4 on the exact same screen (The aircraft control screen), restarting the Mavic, connecting my phone to the Mavic wifi (Without quitting the app), waiting couple of seconds, "Latest firmware" just changed for "Updates Required" (Aircraft update required. Please download update from DJI GO 4 Homepage".
Exciting the pilote view, back to the home page, I now have the red message "New firmware is available > Mavic Prod 01.04.0300" (Which is the one already installed).
Clicking on the upgrade red banner, clicking on the Start Updating, I get the "I agree" popup. Then the "Tips/Next" popup. Then the download page. Shows Version 01.04.0300 218.00MB  download. Progress moves quickly to 5%, stays there for couple of minutes without increasing.
Getting the "Update failed". popup.

Weird.
2018-3-16
Use props
djiuser_gOCk1Pg2DL5Y
New
United Kingdom

Same story here: Lots of trouble connecting to the drone.... Now the upgrade failed and I can't do anything with it. Assistant2 does not manage to upgrade or restore factory settings.... The RC never manages to connect (the rear button never produces any beep for RC connection or WIFI....)
Feels all a bit erratic and uncontrolled.... I would appreciate help.
2018-3-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules