DJI Spark OTG
2231 11 2018-3-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MiniKappa
lvl.2
Flight distance : 217644 ft
Poland

Hello, does connecting phone to spark remote controller still works? If yes does it void warranty? Also does change from CE to FCC void warranty?
2018-3-16
Use props
MiniKappa
lvl.2
Poland

of course connecting phone to spark using otg cable
2018-3-16
Use props
MiniKappa
lvl.2
Poland

of course connecting phone to rc using otg cable
2018-3-16
Use props
drewhoover
lvl.4
Flight distance : 323455 ft
United States

Yes the Spark remote controller still works great with the iPhone when connected via OTG. This does not void any warranty.
If you have any further questions, please feel free to ask!
2018-3-16
Use props
Charliejspark
lvl.4
Flight distance : 286654 ft
United Kingdom

drewhoover Posted at 2018-3-16 11:51
Yes the Spark remote controller still works great with the iPhone when connected via OTG. This does not void any warranty.
If you have any further questions, please feel free to ask!

But what about Android?  I have ahd no success and if anything mucked up the spark by trying to connect OTG
2018-3-18
Use props
KurtVD
lvl.4
Flight distance : 365299 ft
Switzerland

Charliejspark Posted at 2018-3-18 04:34
But what about Android?  I have ahd no success and if anything mucked up the spark by trying to connect OTG

There are multiple threads about OTG and Android and the Spark RC, you will find a lot of answers in one of them. Short answer is: OTG is not supported by DJI for any OS, but it does seem to work work with Apple devices. For Android, it was working with an older version of DJI GO, if you want to go that route, you'll have to search the discussions I mentioned (I have an iPhone, I can't help you)
2018-3-18
Use props
Charliejspark
lvl.4
Flight distance : 286654 ft
United Kingdom

KurtVD Posted at 2018-3-18 04:59
There are multiple threads about OTG and Android and the Spark RC, you will find a lot of answers in one of them. Short answer is: OTG is not supported by DJI for any OS, but it does seem to work work with Apple devices. For Android, it was working with an older version of DJI GO, if you want to go that route, you'll have to search the discussions I mentioned (I have an iPhone, I can't help you)

thanks - I am newbie still; finding my way!!
2018-3-18
Use props
Sashi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1469705 ft
Japan

Hi, I have no problems connecting my RC to my 2 android units. Samsung s8 and Samsung Tab3 lite.

Usually, how I set it up is...

First, on Spark.
Second, on RC (wait for green light).
Third, connect the OTG side to the RC.
Forth, connect the usb cable from Phone to OTG.

HTH
2018-3-18
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Please note that spark will choose the CE or FCC certificate automatically. I would recommend you fly with wifi connection. Thanks for your support.
2018-3-18
Use props
qbox
lvl.1

Italy

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-3-18 23:11
Please note that spark will choose the CE or FCC certificate automatically. I would recommend you fly with wifi connection. Thanks for your support.

Yes, WiFi connection with the controller is OK but guys the LATENCY is horrible not at DJI quality level.
Please give us OTG connection.
2018-3-27
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

qbox Posted at 2018-3-27 05:18
Yes, WiFi connection with the controller is OK but guys the LATENCY is horrible not at DJI quality level.
Please give us OTG connection.

In this case, here are some tips for you:
1. I would recommend you enter wifi setting and check if most of the channels are green.
2. Please turn off the bluetooth devices around your spark.
3. I would recommend you change a mobile device for further check.
4. Do not shield the antenna of RC
2018-3-28
Use props
djiuser_Kf4iPA3DtL3S
lvl.4
Flight distance : 510968 ft
Israel

I have to admit that now that I upgraded to a newer phone (Samsung Note 8) connection via WiFi works much better and the latency is much shorter.
Still an advocate of OTG though. It has worked before.
I know DJI said something about their meaning to bring it back, but as time passes and new models come out I highly doubt they ever will. I think it's at the bottom of their developmental food chain, and they have a marketing incentive to NOT bring it back. So I'm not optimistic about that.
2018-3-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules