Top Speed i1 in Atti mode in wind
1680 10 2015-5-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chrisfromalbany
lvl.2

United States

I done a shade under 70 MPH in inspire 1 in a good wind..
2015-5-5
Use props
FromAdronesEye
lvl.4
Flight distance : 93146 ft
Dominican Republic

Thats really cool! but i wouldnt try that very much. You can crash it since they have max speed recomendations! {:2_40:}
2015-5-5
Use props
bostonlines
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1045558 ft
United States

I reached 73.1.  ATTI, tailwind, slightly descending.
2015-5-5
Use props
GeneralToner
lvl.4

United States

72 MPH with slight wind.

2015-5-6
Use props
chrisfromalbany
lvl.2

United States

GeneralToner Posted at 2015-5-7 06:12
72 MPH with slight wind.

glad not the only one having some fun.. I didn't even do a straight shot with the wind but made same sound in the wind when went by.. cool..
2015-5-6
Use props
Mikey14
lvl.3

United States

Who can top 72MPH? Post a vid or it didn't happen
2015-5-11
Use props
Rbimd
lvl.3
Flight distance : 407710 ft
United States

I expect one could reach almost any speed in ATTI with enough tailwind! If you wish to risk destroying your $3000 machine, please do it in an uninhabited location and below 400 feet. I don't want to read about  a property damage or personal injury incident with one of these crafts, engendering new, restrictive legislation against all the rest of us.....
2015-5-12
Use props
chrisfromalbany
lvl.2

United States

Think point of thread was talk about fun things you do with i1..

there certain about of risk in just getting the i1 just in the air..
And out all the activities I do w/i1 this is one less risky.
2015-5-12
Use props
woodielb
lvl.2
Flight distance : 78061552 ft
United States

Rbimd Posted at 2015-5-12 17:58
I expect one could reach almost any speed in ATTI with enough tailwind! If you wish to risk destroyi ...

You have to understand the distinction between air speed & ground speed. The I1 is measuring ground speed with GPS, so it's airspeed is added to the wind speed to read an increased ground speed. Flying upwind, measured ground speed is reduced by the headwind speed.

BUT, in both cases, the I1's air speed is the same. If it will fly 50 mph in still air, flying downwind in a 50 mph wind, ground speed will read 100 mph, but the craft's air speed is still the same 50 mph. Flying upwind in the same theoretical 50 mph wind, ground speed would be 0. In both cases, the I1 would be feeling exactly the same apparent wind, forces would be the same, etc. Your craft is not seeing increased stress from higher ground speed flying downwind.

This comes from 15 years of holding an advanced paragliding rating. The difference between airspeed and ground speed confuses a lot of people.
2015-5-12
Use props
Rbimd
lvl.3
Flight distance : 407710 ft
United States

I hold an advanced degree in science, I get the distinction, and it has nothing whatever to do with my post.  If his airspeed is 50 MPH and flying downwind in a 70 MPH gale during a storm front, he can crash into someone's house with enough force (from his 120 MPH groundspeed) to cause great damage. The press will pick up the story and run with it, shedding yet more negative publicity upon our hobby.
2015-5-13
Use props
woodielb
lvl.2
Flight distance : 78061552 ft
United States

Never mind, didn't realize you were just lecturing
2015-5-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules