Controller linking to aircraft?
657 5 2018-3-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
offduty
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18711 ft
Canada

So recently I crashed my DJI Phamtom 3 Std and rebuilt it. was all done with repairs and ready for first test flight until I notice a problem I seem to of missed that fact that the controller linking buttom on the bottom of the board broke off as well. Was a bit of a bummer to say the least. After ordering a replacement board from ebay to have it arrive with the same issue no buttom. And the seller did not want to supply a return shipping slip so I lost the $200 bucks I spent on the replacement. I recently bought a mini micro button to replace the one that broke however its so small its almost imposible to replace. So my question is simple id the controller configuration stored on the SD card that is mounted on the board. and If so can I simply place that SD into the new board that came with the missing button? If so I cannot wait to do it and fly my modded Phantom 3

Modded P3 Std

Modded P3 Std

Thanks all in advance
2018-3-17
Use props
offduty
lvl.1
Canada

Sorry for the typos was drinking a bit upon post to drown my sadness
2018-3-17
Use props
WD9EON
Second Officer
Flight distance : 686886 ft
United States

offduty Posted at 2018-3-17 23:33
Sorry for the typos was drinking a bit upon post to drown my sadness

Never had mine apart, but isn't it just pushing on a micro-switcth,?   Can't you use a small wooden dowel to actuate it.  I've heard of them slipping out of place before (the button).
2018-3-18
Use props
David Rusch
New

United States

I had the same problem and found that the link micro switch  was jamed/moved.    i cut an access hatch (to avoid taking the whole thing apart) just above the switch location and  was able to move it back into place.   Stuck the access hatch back on with tape.    Works great.
2018-3-18
Use props
offduty
lvl.1
Canada

David Rusch Posted at 2018-3-18 09:53
I had the same problem and found that the link micro switch  was jamed/moved.    i cut an access hatch (to avoid taking the whole thing apart) just above the switch location and  was able to move it back into place.   Stuck the access hatch back on with tape.    Works great.

I wish it did however here you can see the light next to where the button was and now the button is missing and to small for me to solder the new one in place. So if the controller linking configuration is in fact stored on the sd card that is install under the board shown. I sould be able to just swap the cards you would think.

2018-3-18
Use props
offduty
lvl.1
Canada

offduty Posted at 2018-3-18 11:42
I wish it did however here you can see the light next to where the button was and now the button is missing and to small for me to solder the new one in place. So if the controller linking configuration is in fact stored on the sd card that is install under the board shown. I sould be able to just swap the cards you would think.

board.jpg
2018-3-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules