Annoying DJI Pop-ups
1696 10 2018-3-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansdcc0ce23
lvl.2
Flight distance : 409478 ft
United States

Seems that during my most receint outings, that I'm getting these DJI pop-ups occuring on my iphone at the beginning of the flights around lift-off.

1.  Some safety quiz that switched to a different app (web browser)
2.  Terms and Conditions of flying in the air space that I already checked that I was given the 'Ok' for.   Even then I couldn't clear the 'acknowledgement' and the terms were blocking my screen while already operating.   Ended up having to close and reopen the DJI application while already in flight... dangerous.

Both of these are big hazards to us operating our vehicles as it distracts, confuses, can't read accurate telemetry.

I understand that DJI is covering itself but if anything they should look to the pilot's profile.   The number of hours flown should be a pretty good indicator of experience and perhaps their safety record.

2018-3-18
Use props
scruffs dad
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1071604 ft
United Kingdom

if they are going to do this they should do it before you take off not straight after it is very distracting
2018-3-18
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

1.  Just take the test and get it out of the way...it should popup before you're ready to takeoff.
2.  The terms box is a real pain...if you're in bright sunlight you might not see the small circle to the right of each statement...tap the circle which makes it a checkmark...then hit the Yes/Accept/Acknowledge.

I would always land first before closing the app...better safe than sorry.
2018-3-18
Use props
Cookster670
Second Officer
Australia

I haven’t seen this yet, but thought it was when yuo started the app before you started flying ?    I actually support the use the popups (before takeoff) as more and more people are flying illegally...some on purpose, some without realising and governments will continue to tighten drone regulations if pilots don’t follow them
2018-3-18
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Agreed - just take the test to get it over and done with - it's very easy.
2018-3-18
Use props
fansdcc0ce23
lvl.2
Flight distance : 409478 ft
United States

Thanks for the replies.   Taken the test and have it out of the way.    Didn't recall that safety test on the app from the Phantom 3 Pro days and thought it would just go away.
2018-3-18
Use props
dansmar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 422149 ft
United States

scruffs dad Posted at 2018-3-18 11:30
if they are going to do this they should do it before you take off not straight after it is very distracting

I agree, I was in a bright area and the warning came up after take off - what a pain could barely read the screen. Definitely a safety concern
2018-3-18
Use props
Langner91
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3474 ft
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-3-18 11:54
Agreed - just take the test to get it over and done with - it's very easy.

What test?

Is this something for only certain countries?

The pop-up is very annoying because the little circle is very hard to see.
2018-3-18
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

fansdcc0ce23 Posted at 2018-3-18 14:10
Thanks for the replies.   Taken the test and have it out of the way.    Didn't recall that safety test on the app from the Phantom 3 Pro days and thought it would just go away.

The safety test will disappear when you done it. I think some knowledge in the test will be helpful for your flight. Thanks for your understanding.
2018-3-19
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Langner91 Posted at 2018-3-18 15:59
What test?

Is this something for only certain countries?

The quiz test will appear in US after activation. If users refuse to answer it for five times, they have to finish it to use the drone.
2018-3-19
Use props
Coppertop
lvl.3
Flight distance : 168658 ft
United States

As others have said, take the test and get it over with to eliminate that pop-up window.
The others I have no issues with. It's easy to become complacent and I like the reminds of any flight cautions/warnings, high wind advisories, etc.
I wouldn't mind having a function button customized to close out these windows a little faster though.
2018-3-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules