Is there a way to manually balance the battery?
2209 6 2015-5-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jedijawa
lvl.2

United States

I have 3 brand new batteries, all 5700 mAh packs. 2 are fine and work great, but the 3rd came with the cells way out of balance so when I try to charge it for the first time it throws an "Over Charge" error on the LEDs and will not charge up. I wondered if there is a known way to manually balance the cells so I can get a charge on this thing?

Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
-Adam

2015-5-5
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

Hong Kong

Can you post a screenshot of the battery info page? If the lower cell voltage is above 3.65 V, and the difference is within 0.2 V it's normal.
2015-5-5
Use props
dundee
First Officer
Flight distance : 33550 ft

Thailand

You can deplete this battery completely.
The internal logic on the battery will prevent a 100% discharge. (so no harm done to the battery)
Then fully charge again.
2015-5-5
Use props
Rockeyes
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Post deleted
2015-5-5
Use props
jedijawa
lvl.2

United States

dundee Posted at 2015-5-6 15:12
You can deplete this battery completely.
The internal logic on the battery will prevent a 100% disch ...

Thanks, dundee. Is there a preferred method for discharging? (I'll go search now LOL).
2015-5-6
Use props
jedijawa
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Autumn Posted at 2015-5-6 14:32
Can you post a screenshot of the battery info page? If the lower cell voltage is above 3.65 V, and t ...

I was actually mistaken it seems. The balance is not off, all cells are at 3.81v but the battery still will not charge. When I plug the charger in it just flashes LED #3 and that is it. Does not matter how many times I unplug it and replug it into the charger, I get the same result.
2015-5-6
Use props
jedijawa
lvl.2

United States

Turns out it was the controller on the battery, something amiss there. DJI dealer swapped it out and I have a full charge on all the batts now! Time to go find something interesting LOL
2015-5-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules