Super pleasantly surprised :)
1415 7 2015-5-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
stewartmcallist
lvl.2

United Kingdom

So I arrived home last night to find a big box waiting for me. I live in Northern Ireland, I ordered on the 11th of April and I have had the "pending" notification on my order page for roughy a week. So it was SUPER exciting to find that not only had the package been dispatched it had been DELIVERED! With the giddy Christmas spirit rising I tore open the package to find the lovely smooth white box sloshing around inside it. Perhaps they didn't want to waste any more time by stuffing spare paper in the box to plug the gaps - oh well lol the inner box was fine and all the corners seemed perfectly intact. I've never seen one of these things in real life before so I was so excited I took the time to read every label on the box down to the barcode! After working out which way up the thing was meant to open the lid was lifted, the eggbox packaging was removed to reveal a spaceship...first impression - this thing is cute! I don't know what size I expected but it was smaller and neater than anticipated. As soon as I lifted the lid I got a whiff of new camera smell - I LOVE that smell...mmmm. I pulled out all the wee white boxes and perused and marvelled at how well they had wrapped everything  Don't get me wrong, I'm happy that everything is so well protected but I was pulling off all those little sticky plastic wrappers for the next 30 minutes...lol. Anyways - priorities...the first thing I did was change the stickers. Gold is a little too much bling for my taste so I put on the gorgeous metallic blue stickers and the wee spaceship went from looking like a space billionaire's wedding present to a Star Trekian instrument of awesome destruction (or "exploration" if you're a pacifict). I charged up the remote (how cool is that remote?) and then the battery from the Trekian craft while I devoured the Quick start guide. The wee camera looks so cool - every aspect of this thing has impressed me. I didn't want to fly until the DJI Pilot iOS App came out so I went to sleep with thoughts of world conquest flitting through my mind.

Guess what I found when I got up?...Apple has approved the App...Christmas just got supercharged
I can't wait for hometime!
2015-5-6
Use props
MacNimation
lvl.2

France

Great  story. I am in the south and ordered on the 28th April, so I have a bit more time to wait.....
2015-5-6
Use props
Paul
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4596 ft
Canada

Nice!  At the point in your story where you opened the box, I heard a choir of angels sing in my head

I ordered my P3A on April 17th, so hopefully my delivery will happen in the next week or so.

Have fun!!
2015-5-6
Use props
stewartmcallist
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Haha, those angels are still having a full blown concert in my head I'm literally counting down the minutes until I can scurry home to try it out...
Hopefully you guys will get it sooner than you anticipated because I have to say - despite all the complaints I've read about delivery times I got it sooner than I thought I would. Bravo DJI, those singing angels salute you!
I'll update you after my first flight
2015-5-6
Use props
CapitAn
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Enjoy! l feel the same way, l ordered mine on Apr 30th and got it May 4th after being led to believe it would be here mid-May. Nice surprise! And being a rock-steady iOS person l thought it would be later rather than sooner that l'd have it in the air. But here we are - things are charging, app is ready, bird is chomping to get out, day is bright, wind is low. Perfect.
2015-5-6
Use props
FatLappy
lvl.1

Australia

By way of remeberances you've inspired (pun) a wry smile from when I first opened my Phantom. This P3P is now my 4th and as special:-)
2015-5-6
Use props
P4TRI0T
lvl.3
Flight distance : 53645 ft
United States

Congrats on getting you quad, have an awesome time with it.
2015-5-6
Use props
stewartmcallist
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Ok so this thing really is awesome! There is no better word to describe it.
My first flight after updating the firmware went a literal breeze. This thing is solid and throws its weight around to good advantage. My previous quadcopter was one of those wee Nano things and boy is there some difference. It's like moving from a tricycle to a porsche. Not that I've ever driven a porsche but there's certainly a whack of a difference. I'm looking forward to having a brighter time of day to test the camera
2015-5-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules