battery issue
902 9 2018-3-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Black hawk
lvl.1
Canada

Hi, I bought a spare battery checked the power level to make sure it was between 30 to 60%, stored it for 3 months due to the cold here in canada. Went to charge it to fly and its dead and won,t take a charge. Anyone know how or if it can be revived ?

2018-3-19
Use props
Vendex
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16722920 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Did you charge it before storing it for months
2018-3-19
Use props
JockC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 459416 ft
Australia

Vendex Posted at 2018-3-19 15:11
Did you charge it before storing it for months

He already stated that the battery was at between 30 to 60% prior to winter storage.
2018-3-19
Use props
Black hawk
lvl.1
Canada

No, checked what it had for a charge before putting it away and it was between the 30 to 60% as they say is required for storage.
2018-3-19
Use props
Black hawk
lvl.1
Canada

Black hawk Posted at 2018-3-19 15:30
No, checked what it had for a charge before putting it away and it was between the 30 to 60% as they say is required for storage.

I didn't even use it once
2018-3-19
Use props
Black hawk
lvl.1
Canada

Black hawk Posted at 2018-3-19 15:30

Never got to use it once, I also have the vibration problem after last update.
2018-3-19
Use props
Vendex
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16722920 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

couple of charge cycles ... but too late. Some info for battery, still dead?
2018-3-20
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

My understanding is - if it's in hibernation mode you have to leave it in the charger for at least 5 mins for it to be revived.  

It's also possible it's completely dead and can't be revived.  

Next time you want to store your lipos, check on them every few weeks and be sure they don't get down below recommended storage specs.  

Good luck
2018-3-22
Use props
Black hawk
lvl.1
Canada

Mark The Droner Posted at 2018-3-22 04:02
My understanding is - if it's in hibernation mode you have to leave it in the charger for at least 5 mins for it to be revived.  

It's also possible it's completely dead and can't be revived.  

I've put them on the charger for a couple of hours and no luck, checked the voltage with a meter and they were at 2.3 volts and less, so that being said your right they should be check monthly and possibly more often. I also fly an apprentice airplane which have lipo batteries, which have been store for over a year,I just pulled them out and charged them up to fly and all three batteries are fine. So doesn't say much for a smart battery?
2018-3-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

I'm sorry to read your post. The battery warranty is 6 months. If it is still in the warranty period, please kindly start a case and send it in from here: https://www.dji.com/support
2018-3-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules