Anybody side by side tested iOS vs. Android ?
1558 5 2015-5-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jon.jongodfrey
lvl.3

United Kingdom

I can't decide which way to go.  Anybody side by side tested iOS vs. Android without being too subjective... or this just another Apple vs Microsoft ??

2015-5-6
Use props
vmp
lvl.3

United States

I have flown mine using the following devices:

Galaxy S3 - Screen was dark and had some lag and what looked like artifacting.
Galaxy Tab 4 - Pretty smooth with minor lag.
iPad Air 2 - Will be testing today. I flew for a few minutes and was super smooth and clear.
iPhone 6+ -  Will be testing today.

I think it does not matter if the device is pretty recent and has good specs.
2015-5-6
Use props
solsystem7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6550331 ft
  • >>>
United States

vmp Posted at 2015-5-6 23:32
I have flown mine using the following devices:

Galaxy S3 - Screen was dark and had some lag and wha ...

Hello, I would also be interested in how you liked the ipad air 2 ?  Was thinking of the ipad mini 2 also.
2015-5-6
Use props
davekelly
lvl.2

United States

Jon, I have the same dilemma.  Looking at iPad Air 2 (no GPS but runs the simulator) and Samsung Tab S 8.4 (GPS but doesn't currently run the simulator).  Let me know if you receive any other helpful information.  Thanks.
2015-5-6
Use props
jon.jongodfrey
lvl.3

United Kingdom

I have flown a few training sessions with my nVidia Shield and again today with an iPhone 5s which is of course way too small but just to have a play.  I MIGHT send back the nVidia Shield (we have 30 days by law in the UK) as some others seem to have had issues and then I'd buy a iPad Air 2 but I just can't decide. I guess I'll have to do some more testing and see if I can make the nVidia Shield fail.  I just don't want that to happen over water or at height. Oh, which way to jump?
2015-5-6
Use props
GeneralToner
lvl.4

United States

davekelly@live. Posted at 2015-5-7 00:36
Jon, I have the same dilemma.  Looking at iPad Air 2 (no GPS but runs the simulator) and Samsung Tab ...

I bought both of these for the Inspire and hands-down to the Air 2.  Video smoother and just a better experience for me.
2015-5-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules